• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Big Scratch at Lake Hylia

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
Well if the scratch wasn't meant to be there, then it wouldn't be in the Virtual Console version, which it is. (I have the VC version.) I was thinking about that too, and I thought they'd tell you what caused it, but they didn't. Maybe the tree holds a magical spell, and when it was scratched Morpha or Morphea, whatever its name is came and took over the water temple. How's that for a crazy theory?

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
I've noticed that scratch before and I've found myself wondering what caused it to be there. It's never explained in the game, but since it can be found there, I want to think that Nintendo probably had something planned in order to explain the scratch, but probably ditched the idea later on and just left it in there for looks.

It'd be nice to figure out why it is there though.

benjibibbles

Disastrous Waffle Person
Are you talking about those slash marks on that big tree? I was wondering about that earlier today, and I agree that Nintendo probably had something planned for it but they ditched. Maybe that tree was going to have a bigger role.

I think it is probably some random detail, but it could shoe how the game world took a turn for the worst when Ganondorf took over. Maybe Ganon did it, or it could just be a random monster or stalfos or something. ether way, unless they build on it in Oot3D (which I doubt will happen) i don't think it's that important. also, dose anyone have a screenshot of it from daytime? it is really hard to see it in the current image.

Ikana

Trollkastel
I've seen this discussion on many Zelda and Non-Zelda forums and most replied back saying that it might have just been a Detail from a rip out beta mini boss.That's pretty much what I think about that too,the mini boss could have been a Bigger Version of a Wolfos that Nintendo decided to take out at the last minute and forgot about the scratch.We will just have to see if it's there in the remake if it is and doesn't have a miniboss with it then its just for design or for kicks to see how fans would react.

Link Master

The Hero's Master
Maybe it was Zelda because I saw a glitch were young Zelda appears at lake Hylia and is holding fire.

Escohobita

King of Those Who Know
I remember seeing that a few years ago when playing through the game. It's either the owl or what everyone else is saying, an indication that seven years has passed and that the world has changed greatly.

H

Hylian

This was news to me --- cool that you guys all saw that it was there.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
It's interesting, but I don't think the scratch has that much importance. I think it is just to signify the destruction brought about the Ganondorf in the 7 years.

D

DeckBox

Umm.

Just wanted to correct those of you who were saying things like "it's there to show how much devistation has happened in 7 years".
The scratch has been there way before you can imagine - it's there when you're still a child, before you even seek out Zora's Domain.
The scratch stays the same while 7 years pass, leading me to believe that this scratch was made by something evil. The tree is dead and cannot heal. This tree (by the size of it's roots) has the potential to be fairly large, but I believe that the black scratch ceased it's development completely, seeing as how the tree does not grow at all in 7 years, even though it is surrounded by Lake Hylia's clearest purest water. If this scratch is there for 7 years and the tree does not change, this leads me to believe that this tree was marred in an earlier game in some storyline, seeing as how the landscape of Hyrule does not change until Twilight Princess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom