• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Big Scratch at Lake Hylia

Hi folks,
I'm playing Master Quest and just finished the water temple. I had a look at the tree on the island. Too bad I can't make a screenshot, could somebody post one? There are three really LARGE scratches on the tree. What being could be so large and have such fangs to do that? How did that get into the tree?

13foxes

You mean this scratch? I don't know why it is there, either. Maybe it's something to prove that the tree does change through 7 years, just like the lake. Everything is destroyed by Ganondorf, even a death tree is no exception,.... But since the scratch was high off the ground, so I and my brother think that the owl did it while he was bored.:P

Note: This screenshot is on the original version.

Last edited:

Kungfuyu24

Metanna! Nurunna!
Wow...that's pretty interesting. Now all we need to see if it's going to be on the 3DS remake.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I think that it's just a thing to give more realism to OoT's world, just like other random stuff that appears through the game

Linebeck1000

Legendary Captain
There was a very heated debate about this a few years ago at Zelda Universe XD. I don't think its anything to theorize about though, I think its merely to draw attention to the tree and point out that it has significance (That's where you meet Sheik if I remember correctly)... But I thought that scratch was there when Link was a child too?

On a somewhat related note, the giant stump of that same tree can be seen in TP over Lake Hylia ;)

S

ScaryMunky

Most likely just to show that destruction and misery have spread through out Hyrule.

A decent theory, if not for the fact that the markings are present when you're a child as well.

Yeah, it was definitely there before Gannondorf took over the world, so it has nothing to do with that. Even though I would have liked that theory if it were true. Anyway, it's most likely just something the game developers put in cuz they were bored or something... or what bbevington said about it being a reference to another Zelda game that never came to be. If there's any truth to that, sounds pretty cool to me.

Valexi

Hylian Thief
Perhaps it was one of those wild Hylian bears.
Haha, really though, I think I noticed it once before but didn't think much of it.
I don't think it's a part of anything important though, just a small detail?
Dunno.
:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom