• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Big City or Small Town?

sailorgirl221

What a fearsome beast!!
I have lived in both and I am currently living out in the middle of silent hill country and I do not like it.. Not one bit! 1. It's to much gas to get anywhere! With my sexi papi. (that's what i named my car) being a 96 mustang gas just puts a serious crimp in my budget.
2. it take emergency services 15 min to get to my house!!! so you better not be dieing, or you are up a creek with out a paddle
3. it just flat out creeps me out! i just feel like it's a scary movie waiting to happen!
I'd prefer living near the city everything is closer. I don't mind the quiet at all, I actually kinda like it. though that is something i'm willing to sacrifice if everything were closer.

I live in the middle of a woods, closest town has 2 bars and a church...and i love it. I travel around for work and i absolutely hate having to go into large citys.

M. Bulteau

Composer
The view out this room's window ought to explain things:

295991.jpg

Although I live about 13 miles from the capital, Lisbon. xD

Where I live is classified as big city with over 100.000 habitants, but it's still extremly boring, nothing ever happens.
Then I visited some really big cities and I loved it.
There's always something to do, I like to be surrounded by many people when I walk down a street, those huge buildings...
I would choose a big city over a small town in any case.
And country would be even worse, I have evil allergies ;)

I've living in both and actually and I found very pleasant to live in a small town. But sometimes you just miss the city.

I lovelovelove big cities.
I love tall buildings, and people everywhere, and yeah.
I wish I lived in a big city. :c

Last edited:
I've always lived in small towns and wouldn't have it any other way. I generally prefer to not be around a large number of people and like my space. I'd probably go crazy if I had to live in a small apartment building in a very populated city like NYC.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I grew up in a small town of about 17,000 myself, but now I live in a city of about 250k. I like the freedoms and openmindedness that comes with a big city. In the small town I grew up I just never felt accepted or like I belonged. Where I live now I can be myself without a problem :)

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
I'd say that a small town is more my style. I prefer the quietness and more openness of less populated place than I do when it's the opposite. I've never really been to a big city before. The only time I've really could say that I was there was when I had to drive through those cities in order to get to my destination which wasn't the city. Nonetheless though, I still prefer smaller towns or cities as compared to those with skyscrapers and all that. They're nice to see and visit, but to live there, quite honestly I don't think I would survive.

So yeah, small towns it is. :>

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
I am a pretty introverted person and I love getting out into nature. I prefer small town life. Visiting big cities is always fascinating to me, to see how many things are done differently there versus rural, but I would hate living there. The traffic, the crime, the sheer amount of people is not my cup of tea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom