• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Biblical Assassin's Creed?

There are many stories of war in the Bible. But do you think those stories and the people in them can be intwined in the Assassin's Creed universe. If they ever do that they're probably gonna do the story of when Joshua sent the spies to Jericho so the could retake the promised land. Then the game could revolve around what those two spies were doing in Jericho and how Rahab(Is that how it's spelled) helped them avoid getting caught. What are your thoughts on this?

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
The Assassin's Creed series has strong connects with some biblical things. I am not sure how far they will go with it, but a few of the mysteries seems to focus on Adam and Eve, whom Desmond is rumored to be descended from. You can see this in 'The Truth' which is a video unlocked in Assassin's Creed II showing Adam and Eve in what some believe is the Garden of Eden, free running with a Piece of Eden.

[video=youtube;CfA1Da8R2pU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfA1Da8R2pU[/video]

With this, I don't think your idea is that far fetched, I don't know much about bible stories. It might not work as a full game, but maybe a hidden memory or something could include a biblical memory. Whatever it would be, it would somehow have to be connected to Desmond's story or wherever they want to take the franchise after his story is over. If Adam and Eve were the first Assassins, a few other stories could come out of that. I suppose it could work, but Ubisoft might not want to focus a full story on just that.

Oh yea, I unlocked this video.
But the very fact they are dealing with the Templars (who have a main focus on the Holy Grail) and the magical apple of knowledge (symbolizing the apple of knowledge in the Garden of Eden, or so I assumed esp. by this video) tells me they could easily add in Biblical battles, but that might cause a lot of controversy in the real world. Who's side would the assassins be on? Would he be Judas? (I don't think that's bad but the Christians might, for example). Just too much controversy, plus not as technologically advances, weapon wise maybe. Interesting thoughts though.

bkelly458

Just Some Dude
Yeah, I don't see them going that far with it either. Besides, it seems the series is slowly progressing through history.

I'd play a Bible War game, though. It'd be interesting to take down Jericho, Goliath, and kill a 1,000 men with a donkey jawbone. :lol:

There's a huge difference between referencing biblical stories (including the mysteries surrounding the authenticity of some of the relics involved), and actually placing the game in a biblical setting. I honestly don't think it would be a good idea at all; they'd alienate too many non-Christian gamers and possibly upset some Christians who do not see the merit in a game centered almost exclusively around the murder of other human beings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom