• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

BGM Skyward

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
Sorry if this already a thread. Has anyone heard any of the SS BGM's.
While doing all this typing i'm currently listening to the Lynich Woods and it is amazing if the BGM for a game is good the is said to be a h** of alot better.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
Eeeh, I'm not a fan of that fan-made music. You do know it's not the real music right? It doesn't feel like it could fit with Skyward Sword. I'm certain Skyward Sword's music will be much better than the fan-made one because Skyward Sword's music is going to be orchestrated.

David

But you called me here...
Don't listen to fan-made music unless its good quality and actually fits the what the game should be. The people that compose music for video games are paid professionals and know a TON of music theory and are experienced in the art of creating music that fits the style of the game. Not to mention that Nintendo always has Koji Kondo at least help with Zelda music writing. He is the ORIGINAL Zelda composer and knows what works in the series.

WeeGee

TheHeroOfTime
I'd like to see something new about skyward sword already. Nintendo needs to release a new trailer with new music in it for our viewing and listening pleasure!

I heard a little of the music in the background of some of the more recent gameplay clips. I can't remember what it sounded like, since it wasn't very easy to hear. But it sounded good, if I recall. Decent stuff, can't wait to hear more.

I have no idea about this fanstuff you guys are talking about though. Is this ZREO stuff or something?

I heard a little of the music in the background of some of the more recent gameplay clips. I can't remember what it sounded like, since it wasn't very easy to hear. But it sounded good, if I recall. Decent stuff, can't wait to hear more.

I have no idea about this fanstuff you guys are talking about though. Is this ZREO stuff or something?

WeeGee

TheHeroOfTime

He's talking about a video on youtube. I remember watching them, they weren't that good, but what clips are you talking about? The video you guys posted on the homepage didn't have any music from the game.

yeah, i've seen them, they were...meh
okay for fanmade stuff
hoping the actual themes will be superior quality

I thought his stuff was pretty rad. I personally make MIDI music so I know what its like writing new songs and such and his is really good and matches Zelda really well. I just hope SS music is as good as MM or WW but with orchestral.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
I don't like it too much, it's kinda drab, doesn't have the "Zelda" feel. It would kind of fit a little with Twilight Princess or Kingdom Hearts. Skyward Sword's music is orchestrated AND directed by Koji Kondo!?!? BEST COMBO EVER!!!!!!! wait, is he gonna direct it?

David

I don't like it too much, it's kinda drab, doesn't have the "Zelda" feel. It would kind of fit a little with Twilight Princess or Kingdom Hearts. Skyward Sword's music is orchestrated AND directed by Koji Kondo!?!? BEST COMBO EVER!!!!!!! wait, is he gonna direct it?

Well, I'm not entirely sure. But seeing how this game is probably a huge step for nintendo, Koji Kondo might want to be in on the epic music. In the past, he's written all of the music for a lot of the Zelda games, but he has only supervised some of the other games. Who knows what nintendo decides. I personally hope that Koji Kondo writes and directs the music for the game.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
Yeah, the music from the E3 demo actually sounds ok to me. Is that a MIDI? Probably is, it's just a demo.

David

I just listened to the trailer, and it sounds midi-ish to me. And Listening to the demo again, I think that its midi as well. Still shows a good taste of what's to come.

disturbed42

I will win....eventually!
Well, I'm not entirely sure. But seeing how this game is probably a huge step for nintendo, Koji Kondo might want to be in on the epic music. In the past, he's written all of the music for a lot of the Zelda games, but he has only supervised some of the other games. Who knows what nintendo decides. I personally hope that Koji Kondo writes and directs the music for the game.

Dear God, I truly do hope Koji Kondo is directing the music for SS himself.
That would be AMAZING!!!!
--dies of excitement--

David

Yeah, it really would be amazing for him to direct the music for the game. But only time will tell if that actually happens.

disturbed42

I will win....eventually!
I have terrible patience >_>; Nintendo is already passing my limit!!
But, however strained I may be waiting for this game, the day they announce the director for the music, I will FREAK.
And perhaps cry, if it's not Koji Kondo.
--crosses fingers--

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom