• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Beyond Hyrule

Aku

What's beyond Hyrule? Well, in most of the games' maps I've seen, it always looks like it's connected to a greater landmass. I know of the 'standard' areas like Holodrum and Labryienna, although I agree with DekuNut in that Termina is likely an alternate dimension, given that it has some alternate universe versions of certain characters.

I also consider that what likely lies beyond are lands mainly filled with regular round-eared humans, which might be sort of where the Gerudo came from and other round eared humans came from like Rustl and others. Their ancestors probably immigrated in small groups over time after discovering Hyrule, and gradually adapted themselves and their mindset to that of Hyrule.

Now this is where this theory gets wild and wacky. Hyrule actually takes place somewhere on Earth. However, it is like Hogwarts/ Dinotopia/ Never Never Land in that it takes place in an alternate realm, and that to visit it, it takes special steps to get there. It's why you can see a lot of the same Earth constellations in Windwaker, bits and pieces of technology people bring with them (the old 19th century camera the Eskimo has, knowledge of how to build things with spring-loaded mechanisms like the clawshot) and so on. Sometimes some of these round eared people stay and have babies (Gerudo ancestors) and sometimes they are transient (Eskimo guy.) The Gerudo could be the earliest of these round-eared 'immigrants,' however being outsiders and intimidated by the magically adept Hylians they would have simply chosen to hide in the desert, stealing from them periodically. However, since they chose to steal from the Hylians, an incensed Hylia (or the Goddesses) lays a curse on these intruders so they only can have one male born every generation (ensuring that they'd die out after a while, and eventually forcing them to use Hylian "boyfriends.")

So thus is my idea anyway. Enjoy! ;)

What's beyond Hyrule? Well, in most of the games' maps I've seen, it always looks like it's connected to a greater landmass. I know of the 'standard' areas like Holodrum and Labryienna, although I agree with DekuNut in that Termina is likely an alternate dimension, given that it has some alternate universe versions of certain characters.

I also consider that what likely lies beyond are lands mainly filled with regular round-eared humans, which might be sort of where the Gerudo came from and other round eared humans came from like Rustl and others. Their ancestors probably immigrated in small groups over time after discovering Hyrule, and gradually adapted themselves and their mindset to that of Hyrule.

Now this is where this theory gets wild and wacky. Hyrule actually takes place somewhere on Earth. However, it is like Hogwarts/ Dinotopia/ Never Never Land in that it takes place in an alternate realm, and that to visit it, it takes special steps to get there. It's why you can see a lot of the same Earth constellations in Windwaker, bits and pieces of technology people bring with them (the old 19th century camera the Eskimo has, knowledge of how to build things with spring-loaded mechanisms like the clawshot) and so on. Sometimes some of these round eared people stay and have babies (Gerudo ancestors) and sometimes they are transient (Eskimo guy.) The Gerudo could be the earliest of these round-eared 'immigrants,' however being outsiders and intimidated by the magically adept Hylians they would have simply chosen to hide in the desert, stealing from them periodically. However, since they chose to steal from the Hylians, an incensed Hylia (or the Goddesses) lays a curse on these intruders so they only can have one male born every generation (ensuring that they'd die out after a while, and eventually forcing them to use Hylian "boyfriends.")

So thus is my idea anyway. Enjoy! ;)
Hiylia, and her sisters can be really *****y, no? xD

Aku

Could be why they won't worship the Three Godesses (or Hylia) and always refer to them as "Your Goddesses." :D

Retro Ganon

Canon-Candy-Coded
Well, the biggest map of the land is from AoL.
z2map3.gif

We got a lot of ground to cover here, for example, the death mountain area is where LoZ took place.

I'll add to this.

ey9d.jpg

Technically not canon, but this is from a very old magna. Although its given credibility concerning the relation between LoZ/AoL, not many have disputed the implications geographically.

Its sad to say that in the last 25 effing years, Nintendo has only added another sector to the Lost Woods (Faron Woods) and a new mountain range (Snow Peak) towards the Hyrulean topography. Maybe they will decide to move west or east in the next game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom