• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Beyond Hyrule

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
So like, I guess this is a simple question. What lies beyond the borders of Hyrule? I don't know if it's ever clearly stated or anything. Is it just desert or trees or what?

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
From what we've seen in the geography of OOT - TP the land seems to move in a more Northerly direction, judging on where the master sword ends up and the temple of time. I'd say eventually climate change and forest growth would have forced this but i can't really confirm it. I'd imagine the Lake Hylia which is west/east in TP had expanded years before causing a large tract of land to be lost due to the invariable water level rising (creating swampland around it) which lead to eventual tree growth allowing the forest to take over in the south. We see more of the desert so in that direction we can say either the dry climate or desertification occured, Death Mountain appears to have become active at one point forcing the Zora's to migrate to another area and the people of Castle Town ended up where thay are in all likelyhood due to human migration once an area is useless them moved on.

It's kinda hard to visualize whats beyond Hyrule's borders, due to such massive changes to the geography of each game. But if we use the Master Sword's location as a core point we can glimpse something of the areas outside Hyrule by examining the new maps. Depends on what the Boundries of the Original Hyrule where. I'd MC Hyrule would be the original seeing as Skyloft doesn't count and chronologically MC came next.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Holodrum and Labryana have to be out there somewhere (at least in the later Hyrules), as well as that ocean that he crosses before LA. Outside of that, no idea. Interesting thing to think about thiugh.

Squirrel

The Rodent King
I have a theory!
Actually I just made this up but it sounds good.

Termina is beyond Hyrule! But more specifically, it is on the exact opposite side of the planet.
When Link falls down that hole he actually falls to other side of the planet which is why he is mostly unharmed when he lands. He speeds up on his way towards the center and slows down when he passes and is then moving at a relatively low speed when he hits the ground on the other side. And it may also be that the moon in Legend of Zelda has an elliptic orbit which is why the moon is farther away from the planet in Hyrule than in Termina.

..I think there are more holes than substance in that theory but it sounds good so ha!

yozo67

Hero of Time
I have a theory!

Termina is beyond Hyrule! But more specifically, it is on the exact opposite side of the planet.
When Link falls down that hole he actually falls to other side of the planet which is why he is mostly unharmed when he lands. He speeds up on his way towards the center and slows down when he passes and is then moving at a relatively low speed when he hits the ground on the other side. And it may also be that the moon in Legend of Zelda has an elliptic orbit which is why the moon is farther away from the planet in Hyrule than in Termina.

..I think there are more holes than substance in that theory but it sounds good so ha!
Yes! This could be plausible!

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
I have a theory!

Not a bad theory.:notzd:

It's very possible that Termina is on the complete opposite side of Hyrule. Which makes you wonder...what's the planet they're on? And what are the other places that could exist between Hyrule and Termina? And how big is the planet they reside on?

Hmm.. What if Hyrule is the only area on the planet?

How? Flat Earth Theory:

Well, the biggest map of the land is from AoL.
z2map3.gif

We got a lot of ground to cover here, for example, the death mountain area is where LoZ took place.

Well, the biggest map of the land is from AoL.
z2map3.gif

We got a lot of ground to cover here, for example, the death mountain area is where LoZ took place.

Well. Were more or less using OOT/TP as a main source of canon for Hyrule.

And the fact the original Zelda isn't as similar to later versions of it. So who entirely knows 100℅ :/

Last edited by a moderator:

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
Hmm.. What if Hyrule is the only area on the planet?

How? Flat Earth Theory:

The Earth is not flat. It's been proven by Christopher Columbus. And we all know that Hyrule is supposed to be a place on Earth in the Zelda Multiverse.

Also, Hyrule can't be the only place on the planet cause Aonuma even suggested that there are lands beyond Hyrule's boundaries and that he wants us to be able to explore those lands in future games.

The Earth is not flat. It's been proven by Christopher Columbus. And we all know that Hyrule is supposed to be a place on Earth in the Zelda Multiverse.

Also, Hyrule can't be the only place on the planet cause Aonuma even suggested that there are lands beyond Hyrule's boundaries and that he wants us to be able to explore those lands in future games.

Oh, apologies for only giving a
****ING SUGGESTION, but Christopher mc-take-the-glory didn't prove the world was round. In fact it was proven farther than the medieval ages. But of course elementry school kinda screwed up everyone's history, no?

I merely wanted to suggest that this COULD BE SOMETHING, its not that I support the Flat Earth Theory. I am merely just throwing it out there. Jeasus.

No where has it been said Hyrule exists on our earth in a multiverse. Never.

Again. I am not a expert of 100℅zelda. I'm saying Hyrule as a general area of the PLACES WE KNOW LINK, OR SOMEONES BEEN TO.

You know, added note: Christopher was also "famed" for discovering the Americas? This is also false becuase the Vikings, better called Nords, had a temporary settlement in Newfoundland. And even traded with the Indian tribes for a time.
So when you want to point me out for inconcistancy, get your own facts right? K?

Last edited:

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Also, to add to that, the first known group to circumnavigate the world was the crew of Ferdinand Magellan.
While I personally don't agree wih the flat-world theory, it's something to think about. Definitely not something I'd come up with on my own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom