• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Between MM and TP

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
There was a topic on this already in times gone by. But people (on the whole) are still undecided on who he really is. Some say OoT Link, some say SS Link, some say he never even was Link. Really there's nothing conclusive to say who he is, despite some people insisting there is solid evidence.
He may well be the dying soldier in Hyrule's back alley for all we know...

He's most definitely a previous Link. He directly said that he accepted life as the hero and constantly refers to a bloodline between he and Link. We just don't know which Link it was, and, with the official timeline out, it can be one of 4. I'd say MC and FS Link are out of the question, though, personally.

shade is in twilight princess and link was a rancher keep that in mind in shade refers to link as my son he could mean that as his student or as his actual son the game does not tell you about who his parents was it could be that after mm link returned to hyrule died in the lost woods and became a stafols creating shade that when he was returning he keep his new items that would explain why shades weapons reseamble the mm link but one thing is if this is true who could be links mother there was not other women link knew that didnt become a sage so what other girl was close to links age and possible for him to marry malon the ranch girl and like i said in tp link was a rancher it would make sense to what happened so is it possible link married malon returned the forest to see how things were going something happend and he died in the lost woods he could have been visiting sarias favorite place the sacred medow he could have been killed form someone or something or he could have just died form natural causes if he went there alot he became a stafols but left malon with link as a child and she later died and link grew up in the new hyrule and later met shade.

Tell me what you people think of my theory this is really my first theory sorry if it is not good but tell me what you think

Garo

Boy Wonder
With Demise curse showing once and for all that the heroes don't have a blood relation to one another, it makes it even more open though. But like I said, the jury is still out. I wouldn't be surprised if they never properly reveal who he is.
I'm with you there though, if he is a Link he's either OoT or SS Link.

The Curse doesn't say that at all. It simply means that there will always be a hero and there will always be an incarnation of Demise's hatred. The heroes can still be descended from previous ones; that may not necessarily be the case, but the Curse does not rule it out.

Hero's Shade

First of all, Forgive me if this is an overused topic, but I want your opinions. Which past Link do you think is the Hero's Shade? I personally think, (and I don't have much evidence) that it is the Link from Wind Waker, simply because the moves the Hero Shade teaches Link in Twilight Princess, are very similar to the ones Link in WW performs. What do you all think? Could it be that simple or is there more to this than I think?

The only issue with this is that the events of Wind Waker and the events of Twilight Princess occur not only in a different timeline, but parallel to eachother. This would make this impossible.

It's not really major... Appearances are based on perception. Graphics are forever changing. Just because the Master Sword in aLttp is 2d, does that mean it is not the same one from OoT?

Disregarding that, it is decrepit. Any shield may have faded due to time.

It's most likley that Shade is Ocarina link, they exists in the same timeline, and Ocarina Link may not use ALL of the moves that Shade does, but i doubt this really matters, especially since OOT link may have learned the moves after OOT/MM was over when he got older

and since that OOT is basically the grand master link of all the games (if you get what I'm saying) it's appropriate that Shade would be this Link

Last edited:
I agree with this. He chose to become the hero after being sent back by Adult Zelda. Hence his words about choosing his destiny.

@TheBlueReptile
an interesting thought about SS link...

such a little thing (The Heros Shade) made into such a controversial topic)

Last edited:
I literally just realized how important the hero's shade is from these forums. It's got me really interested though and i hope nintendo does reveal who he is in the future. Personally I think he's the link from OOT.

Hes totally wicked its link after mm because he lost his way in the forest and became a stalfoce and is tp links ancestor

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom