• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Between MM and TP

A

An Hero of Time

I believe it is rather SS's Link or just a perception of Twilight Princess' Link's inner hero, rather than an actual past hero.

Link is taught mysteries from the ghost of the hero of time. Since he returned to his childhood, he'd felt regret that he would leave his name as hero. Therefore, the "son" of Link speaks proof of the courage he inheirited mysteriously.

hero of time.

Unless if multiple translators are wrong, then he's the Hero of Time.

How he got the armor and learned the sword skills? I guess we'll just have wait for that in a future installment that ends the hero of time's journey... If they ever do make one, that is...

The game developers obviously made OoT before TP, and I don't think that link not having this moves in OoT has something to do with the game story, if not, OoT/MM link had enough time to get those moves somewhere

G

Giygas

Huh. I always thought Link was reincarnated. Looks like I'm wrong. Wonder what happened to OoT Link after Majora's Mask.

LnktheWolf

The Sacred Wolf of Legend
I've already said this in a different thread, but I will go ahead post it here:

Nintendo has confirmed that OoT Link is the Hero's Shade (Hyrule Historia), plus the Skull Kids are afraid of adults (as said by Navi in OoT), meaning the kokiri turn into Skull Kids (Link is not Kokiri but Hylian). I also think that somewhere in OoT it said that Kokiri turn into skull kids if they get lost in the Lost Woods while Hylians, young or old, turn into Stalfos and Stalchildren if they get lost in the Lost Woods. OoT link felt bad about not continuing his line for heroes, so he trained TP Link. The line "Go and do not falter my child" showed that OoT Link relinquished his role as hero so that TP Link could be (a better) one (Hyrule Historia).

S

SkywardSword596

He kinda looks like a stalfos, but then he shouldve been able to appear in the mortal world. That kind of crosses out the theory that link got lost in lost woods and turned into a stalfos. His shield looks like it has something on it, like an eye. So Im not sure

Personally, I think that its the Link before the Skyward sword Link, he died on the surface and he is the first great hero.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I'd like to ask a question here.

Most if not every Hero's Shade theory has Link not returning from Termina or not getting back to Hyrule. In these theories he eventually dies in the Lost Woods and becomes a Stalfos. Hyrule Historia says that the Hero's Shade is indeed Link from Ocarina of Time, but does it say that he actually turned into a Stalfos or anything? It seems to me that people assume that all the details of the theory are correct just because the main idea is. I would really like someone to explain it to me since it seems no one gives a flying crap about the rest of Hyrule Historia except the timeline part.

The first time Link sets foot in the Twilight, the crest of the Triforce of Courage on the back of his hand shines and he takes on a beastly form. When he returns to human form, he is garbed in the clothes said to be worn by the hero. The ghost of his ancestor, the Hero of Time, teaches him secrets. Ever since returning to the child era, the Hero of Time had felt regret that he could not be remembered as a hero. Therefore, he addresses Link as his son and passes down the proof of courage and his secrets.
It doesn't say anything about Stalfos. In fact, by stating that TP-Link is his descendant, it implies that the HoT did get out of the Lost Woods at some point and live a life as a normal person before dying. The only things the Historia really confirms about the hero's shade are that (1) he's OoT-Link (the HoT), and (2) he is an ancestor of TP-Link. The fact that he wasn't remembered as a hero (i.e. the Hero's Bow may not have been his) and that he's the reason TP-Link has the ToC may also be important.

Djinn

and Tonic
shade is not link end of story. few to none similaritys.

The first time Link sets foot in the Twilight, the crest of the Triforce of Courage on the back of his hand shines and he takes on a beastly form. When he returns to human form, he is garbed in the clothes said to be worn by the hero. The ghost of his ancestor, the Hero of Time, teaches him secrets. Ever since returning to the child era, the Hero of Time had felt regret that he could not be remembered as a hero. Therefore, he addresses Link as his son and passes down the proof of courage and his secrets.

In case you missed this again somehow, the Hyrule Historia stated that "The Ghost-Hero of Time" when referring to the Hero's Shade. The official source stated the answer while also giving a reason as to why he appears to the Link of TP. Regardless of similarities that is the way of things. Besides it also says that this is the Link that returned to the past as a child. It should be very possible that he later on in life received a change of clothes from the usual green to the uniform the shade was wearing in the sequences. He could not have remained in the forest forever. Even the Deku Tree knew that he would grow older and leave the forest. Living within a strange wilderness populated by magical children would eventually become awkward for the Hylian Link after time.

Last edited:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I'd like to ask a question here.

Most if not every Hero's Shade theory has Link not returning from Termina or not getting back to Hyrule. In these theories he eventually dies in the Lost Woods and becomes a Stalfos. Hyrule Historia says that the Hero's Shade is indeed Link from Ocarina of Time, but does it say that he actually turned into a Stalfos or anything? It seems to me that people assume that all the details of the theory are correct just because the main idea is.

I actually considered that Stalfos theory a load of crap. I've always supported the theory of the Hero's Shade being the Hero of Time, but that Stalfos thing was just plain silly. From the very beginning, I assumed exactly what Hyrule Historia says on the subject.

Last edited:
S

Slim Shady

MM link maybe cause he might have got lost in the woods and all who get lost in the woods become stalfo's and the heroe's shade seem's to be a stalfo and i think it is a link because it's the HERO'S shade but i don'y know for sure

Well if you think about this logically and look at the state that hyrule is in even before zant invades its in a pretty bad shape. There are ruins every where towns have been abandoned and quality of life is on the decline as well as morale. There are a couple of reasons why this could be
1) natural disasters
It is actualy canon that there was an earthquake a couple years back. this took out water supplies and trade routes causing starvation and collapse of economy. The only race that would benefit slightly from this are the gorons who are powerful enough to move debris and could be hired to do so. Also the original zora's river has seemed to dried up becoming the new kakariko village and the zora's moved to the gerudo valley which seems to have come under climate change of its own.
2) Disease
is something that comes with a very poor population this could explain why medical rates are so expensive.
4) War
there are quite afew hints of war in the last few decades, the ruins and barracks around hyrule, the snow peak ruins and arbitor's grounds are just afew. In between mm and tp hyrule has launched campaigns on at least; the gerudo desert, snow peak , and possibly oradon. Wars have a drain on the population, morale, and economy of a country and at least one of those wars seems to have been dragged out for years, the snow peak ruins tells a dark tale of the genocide of the yeti race with only a few left. It is also canon that there is a renegade group who before the capture of hyrule were already a group who were planning to usurp the crown.
These are some of the things I think could have happened between games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom