• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Between MM and TP

W

Whats your name

he had the triforce of courage already, try playing the grass and you can see the mark.

i still think that theres no way in hell link could have been turned into a stalfos

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
I honestly just assumed that after the events of Majora's Mask, Link found his way back to Hyrule and continued his bloodline with Malon. If you think about it Malon has that dream about being with a "knight in shining armor" and even though she didnt really know Link was a true hero - as he was sent back in time by Zelda - I guess she was attracted to him as he does have Epona in Majora's Mask. So what I'm getting at is that Link DID grow up on a farm in Twilight Princess so it kind of connects. That's what i believe anyways

I personally agree with Link turning into a Stalfos and becoming the Hero's Shade HOWEVER, if Hero's Shade is TP Link's father OoT Link would have to find Navi (or give up), leave and come back when he's an adult because children who get lost in the Lost Woods become skull kids, Hylian or not. So that leaves room for another game or two before TP. As for Hero's Shade being on the adult timeline I find that impossible as Link was sent back in time. So that means their is no link until the next game witch has no relations to OoT link whatsoever.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
There's no doubt that Ganondorf was ridden out of Hyrule before TP (probably before MM, was well), but I think that Aonuma hinted that Ganondorf tried to enter the Sacred Realm on his own by tearing apart the Temple of Time, hence the Sacred Grove in TP. That's what I took from one of his quotes. Anyway, some time after Ganondorf was ridden out, the "divine prank of the gods" would have taken place, which would be the Triforce splitting on its own somehow. Then Ganondorf was eventually sealed in the Twilight Realm by the Sages (whoever they were).

The more I read into the quotes from the HS the more it seems TP Link is definitely a direct descendent. It also makes sense wit the century or so time difference that the HS is the HoT. I don't see why the HS has to be a Stalfos though as he is clearly dead and his true spirit form is the golden wolf. He simply chooses to represent himself as a dead warrior when teaching skills to Link.

R

redocarina

The Hero's Shade Theory

So here's redocarina with a new (well at least to me) theory on the Hero's Shade from TP. I'll get to the point: I believe the Hero's Shade is the hero of time. obviously this hass been theorized before, however, I'm here with more evidence. first, as told in oot those who enter the lost woods without a fairy partner are transformed into stalfos or other monsters. as such my theory is that Link ( hero of time ), after the events of majora's mask, Link's awskening and LttP, continued his Navi search as he returned to hyrule. which would eventually lead him to the lost woods, evidently turning him into the stalfo we see as the hero's shade. because he posessed the power of the godesses (triforce of courage) he was not turned evil, but giving him eons to train his swordsmanship alone until darkness fell on hyrule once again(TP). please give feedback/your own theories :)

Clash

Super Melee Brawler
I always thought that after living with the Kokiri for 10 years, Link became immune to the Lost Woods curse. Also, he never became a Stalfos before.

Therefore I do not think that the Hero of Time died by becoming a Stalfos.

jamezrockz98

Link rockz like me. Yay!!
This is just what I think but, I think that Link went back to Hyrule and stopped his quest looking for Navi (or Saria. we don't know). He probaly went on to live his 7 years that he missed during his time in the Sacred Realm and then maybe Ganondorf escapes from the Realm. I have no clue too. We could have a new Zelda Game in between the two that could explain something.....

Twilight Princess Backstory Theories

A lot about the back-story in TP is left up to our imaginations. Why are there six sages executing Ganondorf, instead of the usual seven? Why did Ganondorf receive the Triforce of Power? What about the other parts of the Triforce? How did Link end up living in a human village? Well, let's hypothesize away!

My theory:
After Ganondorf was foiled in his attempt to take the Triforce secretly, he attempted to take it by force. The ensuing war lead to the Gerudo Tribe being completely wiped out and forced Ganondorf to focus on using monsters and allying himself with abominations. Thanks to horrid spells and forbidden artifacts, Ganondorf was able to extend his life well beyond even that of the Gerudo, living several Hylian lives. The war lasted until the King of Hyrule was able to amass a force made up of Hylians and their allies. Six of the seven great sages were brought forth to prepare spells with which to kill Ganondorf. For, without their leader to guide them, surely Ganondorf's forces would fight amongst themselves (as was their nature). As the seventh sage, Princess Zelda, was not yet five years old; she lacked the skill and ability to kill Ganondorf. However, the six remaining sages, after weeks of preparation, were confident that all six of them together would be powerful enough to kill the evil king (or even weaken him to the point of being able to seal him away). The leaders of the joint army accepted this and laid assault upon Ganondorf's fortress.
After many days of fighting, they managed to capture Ganondorf and transport him magically to where he would be executed while the army lead his forces away to prevent them from saving their master. However, the battle was filled with loss, and the first was the King of Hyrule himself. When this news was given to Zelda, grief-stricken, she went to touch the Triforce in hopes of using it's power to revive her beloved father. But, as she touched it with fear and powerlessness in her heart, only the Triforce of Wisdom accepted her. The Triforce of Courage went to the bravest man in the joint army, the Hylian Commander who took control after the King passed. The Triforce of Power went to Ganondorf, for even chained and nearing death, he was still the most powerful person in the world. Ganondorf had finally achieved, through complete chance, what all his greatest spells and artifacts could not give him: immortality. The sages could not kill him, no matter how hard they tried. However, he was still weak and could be sealed away, even after killing the Sage of Water. The war was finally over!
When the sages returned and discovered what the Princess had done, they had deemed her unprepared to lead Hyrule. They asked the Commander to act as Steward of Hyrule until Zelda was ready to be her Queen. Peace washed over Hyrule, but it wasn't without it's problems. The new Steward of Hyrule had his enemies in the courts of the land. One such enemy hired mercenaries to kill him while on a road to the south. The assassination would have succeeded, if not for a young Hylian orphan. The young man had saved the Steward from immediate death and nursed him back to health. The Steward learned much about young Link in his time with him. Link had been orphaned thanks to the war and was found wondering the woods by his friend, Ilia. He had been raised in a village to the south that just lay outside the boarders of Hyrule. Realizing that, though he was saved from death at the time, his wounds would someday come to claim his life; so he transferred the Triforce of Courage to Link secretly. Before Link returned the Steward to his destination, he requested for his actions not to be known (saying that he had no interest in glory). The Steward honored this request upon his return and told not a soul of his savior. Link returned to his home and told no one of his adventure.

Took a while, but what do you think? What are your theories?

umm...I think Ganon killed the seventh sage when they were about to imprison him in the twilight realm, where did you get the name steward! Trie to suport it more with facts, so we know where your getting.

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
This is actually a really great story! I'm not saying that's what really happened (who knows?) but I really like it :)

MonkeyFightSquad

*LAUGHS EVILLY*
I honestly just assumed that after the events of Majora's Mask, Link found his way back to Hyrule and continued his bloodline with Malon. If you think about it Malon has that dream about being with a "knight in shining armor" and even though she didnt really know Link was a true hero - as he was sent back in time by Zelda - I guess she was attracted to him as he does have Epona in Majora's Mask. So what I'm getting at is that Link DID grow up on a farm in Twilight Princess so it kind of connects. That's what i believe anyways[

i belive you that is a good theory

Faedeur

The Juror of Courage
Why do people assume that just because Link is a farmboy in TP that he is the spawn of Link and Malon from OOT? It's entirely likely that he has no lineage from OOT Link nor Malon. That he was born and raised in Ordon Village which is a farming community. Take a city boy and a city girl and have them live and procreate in a rural environment, it is quite possible that their child will work as a farmhand. I'm just confused by this, is all (and yes, I saw that meh timeline that guy posted on youtube. Still makes no sense to me).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom