• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Best Zelda Manga?

GameSlash_

Hero of Hyrule
When going to my local 'nerd' store I always see different Zelda books in the manga section. I know it probably depends on what game is my favourite but what manga would you suggest for a newbie? Do they all just go over the events of their respective game? Are there any series that don't focus on a game and follow their own storyline?

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
Ocarina of Time is the best. However, I've only read that one, the one for Majora's Mask and part of Twilight Princess.

My favorite is and will always been the the old A Link to the Past comic that ran in Nintendo Power back in the day. Written by the creator of Cyborg 009, while it loosely follows the events of ALTTP it does deviate some with having original side characters and some locations and events are altered.

latest

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
It's not Twilight Princess that's for sure. 3 parts $10usd a piece, paperback. Seriously? $30 dollars total for the full story in cheap paperback, and black and white no less??? You know how long it took me to read the whole thing and "appreciate" the artwork? 20 minutes, one sitting. Bite me.

I think I have ALttP around here somewhere but I haven't read it yet. I haven't gotten to the end of OoT book 1 yet but I like what I saw.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
I'm sure you're talking about the Akira Himekawa (sp?) books. If so, and I have all of them minus TP, Majora's Mask is the best as it contains a non-canon side story about the origins of a certain mask.

It's not Twilight Princess that's for sure. 3 parts $10usd a piece, paperback. Seriously? $30 dollars total for the full story in cheap paperback, and black and white no less??? You know how long it took me to read the whole thing and "appreciate" the artwork? 20 minutes, one sitting. Bite me.

I think I have ALttP around here somewhere but I haven't read it yet. I haven't gotten to the end of OoT book 1 yet but I like what I saw.

Yeah I lucked out and found vol.3 for like $4 at Half Price Books. I generally buy manga used as most of the stuff I want to read is no longer in print. Would gladly pay for the legendary editions if VIZ hadn't cheaped out and made them paperback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom