• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Best Zelda Game

I just finished Ocarina of Time again for the first time in about 15 years. Man, I knew this game was good, but it still amazes me how good it is. The characters, the story, the music, everything is just dripping with quality.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
This one is tough for me. ALttP and OoT are both great examples of what either 2D or 3D Zelda titles should strive for. However, MM took OoT's example and brought a new twist on it. I believe that MM is technically the best Zelda game, however, I know it wasn't nearly as big of a milestone as OoT was, nor does it follow the pattern of "Zeldaness" as perfectly as OoT does. Thus, I will hesitantly say MM is the best of the games.

GeckoPie

Hail Ganondorf
Another ALTTP fan here.

My justification:
- Was the most serious-toned (and possibly darkest) Zelda game IMO. A lot of fans will say MM or TP were darker, but both those games also had a lot of silly, childish elements that broke their seriousness.
- One of the best in terms of that open-world, exploration feel (though WW may have a slight edge here.)
- Was groundbreaking in so many ways and pretty much set the formula for all future Zelda titles. Just about every "Zelda-ism" you know, things like "every dungeon has a map, compass, and big key" originated in this game. Sure, people are getting sick of the standard Zelda formula now, but in ALTTP it was original.
- Wasn't nearly as linear as the 3D Zelda games; you could do the dark world dungeons in a lot of different orders, and there were quite a few optional, but valuable items, such as the cape.
- Just the right difficulty, you'll die a few times, but it's not frustratingly difficult like the first two Zelda games.
- No gimmicks, just pure Zelda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom