• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Best Zelda Game Poll 1: Legend of Zelda Vs Adventure of Link

Legend of Zelda vs Adventure of Link

• Legend of Zelda

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adventure of Link

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
With 16 Zelda games, I figured we could now do a fair tournament to decide the best Zelda game....or...at least the most popular. Each poll will end when one of two things happen:

1) One game beats the other by 10 votes.

2) Two weeks have ended.

Our current contenders are the original Legend of Zelda and Adventure of Link.

EDIT: Poll is Over. Legend of Zelda wins 13 to 3. Feel free to continue debating what you feel is the better game.

Last edited:

izi

Not A Wizard
Ooo... I'm going to have to say The Legend of Zelda here. Adventure of Link was great, and I loved it, but Zelda I has a special place in my heart as the first video game I ever played. Not only that, but I simply enjoyed it more than Adventure of Link. It felt more adventure-y the whole game, and I love that!

Igos du Ikana

Maldorok
Not only that, but I simply enjoyed it more than Adventure of Link. It felt more adventure-y the whole game, and I love that!

I don't understand your reasoning here; the Adventure of Link had Adventure in it's name, so how could LoZ 1 be more adventure-y?

izi

Not A Wizard
I don't understand your reasoning here; the Adventure of Link had Adventure in it's name, so how could LoZ 1 be more adventure-y?

I've played through both games. Zelda I didn't have adventure in his name, but a title doesn't say anything. I regularly found new secrets, strategies, etc. in Zelda I. In AoL, I didn't quite feel the same. While still maintaining (and requiring) the aspect of exploration, I was either wandering trying to find the next dungeon or getting lost and frustrated.

7 to 0, huh? This could end quickly.

Maybe extend it to 15-20? This is still a new thread, maybe give the AoL fans their chance to get in here and change the game?

Igos du Ikana

Maldorok
I've played through both games. Zelda I didn't have adventure in his name, but a title doesn't say anything. I regularly found new secrets, strategies, etc. in Zelda I. In AoL, I didn't quite feel the same. While still maintaining (and requiring) the aspect of exploration, I was either wandering trying to find the next dungeon or getting lost and frustrated.?

I was actually just messing with you when I said that, but having adventure in the name makes you think "Adventure", does it not? To be honest, though, I found that Zelda 2 was more adventure-esque then Zelda 1 because of the difficulty in finding your way. I personally don't consider strategies to be adventure, but rather it's what makes the game more exciting. That's why I voted for Zelda 1, not Zelda 2.

izi

Not A Wizard
I personally don't consider strategies to be adventure, but rather it's what makes the game more exciting. That's why I voted for Zelda 1, not Zelda 2.

I didn't mean to say strategies while talking about adventure - that's just one thing that stood out to me. Sorry, should have been more clear ;)
I still feel Zelda I was a better, maybe not bigger, but better adventure than AoL. I would choose Zelda I any day.

Igos du Ikana

Maldorok
I didn't mean to say strategies while talking about adventure - that's just one thing that stood out to me. Sorry, should have been more clear ;)
I still feel Zelda I was a better, maybe not bigger, but better adventure than AoL. I would choose Zelda I any day.

You see the thing with that is that I actually agree, Zelda 1 is by far better, I was just wanting clarificationXD.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Maybe extend it to 15-20? This is still a new thread, maybe give the AoL fans their chance to get in here and change the game?

You may be right. I never thought it'd go that fast...XD

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
yeah D.Link i would say you extend it. this is gonna be a hot thread. you could up your rep. id say give each one at least three days! not everyone is like you and I and disect this website daily! LOL

But im with pkfroce on this one. side scrolling was a big NO in the zelda series!

MW7

I like Zelda 2 but I definitely prefer Zelda 1. Legend of Zelda won me over with the openness of the overworld and the fact that it has a second quest that's practically a whole new game.

ThrawnTheater

Hylian Grand Admiral
I know the poll's over, but I voted LoZ. Now I feel like I cheated on my girlfriend.

You see, I vastly prefer AoL. To be honest, I am addicted to the game. The fair (yes I said it) challenge that every enemy provides - save for the medusa/horse-head's - just makes me want to become better and better at the game. However, while I definitely prefer AoL, I recognize that LoZ is overall the "better" game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom