• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Best Zelda for Various Holidays

MW7

Which Zelda is the best to play on each holiday? I'm only going to pick and choose some holidays but please add more if you think of some.

Halloween- Majora's Mask- A game revolving around masks and changing identity fits pretty well. I could see Twilight Princess working as well with the dark nature and ability to turn into a wolf. ALTTP also lets you turn into a bunny and has a dark world.

Christmas- Twilight Princess- Snowpeak is my favorite snow area of any Zelda game so TP is my favorite Zelda to play near Christmas. Majora's Mask has a good snow area as well, and Minish Cap has arguably the best ice dungeon of any Zelda.

Earth Day- Wind Waker- I felt like the game came at a time when global warming was gaining acceptance, and a flooded world could be seen as an allusion to this (also Nintendo's growing environmental consciousness was very apparent in Super Mario Sunshine which was developed near the same time). Phantom Hourglass also makes sense as well.

Groundhog Day- Majora's Mask- The movie of course fits perfectly.

Valentine's Day- Majora's Mask- Anju and Kafei is the best love story in a Zelda game, but Skyward Sword is my second pick for the relationship between Zelda and Link.

April Fool's Day- Skyward Sword- The game begins with a cruel prank by Groose.

Black Friday- A Link Between Worlds- The item rental/purchase system is the biggest boon to Hyrule's economy we've ever seen which makes ALBW the game that promotes consumerism the most.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Nice thread ;p

Halloween:
I thoroughly agree with Majora's Mask. This game has that dark, halloweeny feel that a lot of Zelda games don't capture; it's unique in that aspect. The whole apocalypse feel also plays a role in this as well as the carnival atmosphere within Clock Town: you have people wearing in masks in celebration, which is quite reminiscent of what you do typically come Halloween.

Christmas:
A tough one, but I'd have to say Skyward Sword. Even though I may complain about this game from time to time I still do like it and I remember completing it around Christmas time two years ago. Also I think the bright and in your face art style correlates to the lights and over-the-top decoration of Christmas.

Easter:
I'd have to say Twilight Princess here. I bought this game around spring 2007 so it does remind me of my first initial experience with this game. Though, the game does kind of remind me of spring time as I think spring is the most colourful and visually pleasing season. This game does in fact relate to that a lot as the visuals and lighting effects are amazing.

Twilight King

The Actual Hero of Time
..... Is it weird that I'm pretty much always playing TP, SS, OoT, MM, and WW?

If not, then those are the games for every holiday, although I do enjoy TP around Halloween. Twilight encounters take on a new feel.... it's awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom