• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Best & Worst Temples in OOT.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
The best is the Shadow Temple. The Shadow temple gave a sense of fright that a long evil has lived here. No true light reaches the dark depths of this place. You must traverse the dark corridors to fight hell itself and escape. The beast that lays within is a creature with awesome power that could kill you. Despite these dificulties, you must press on to save Impa from the fel beast.

The worst would have to be the Water Temple. Tis but a simple temple that does not have many remarkable qualities aside from lots and lots of water.

The best is the Shadow Temple. The Shadow temple gave a sense of fright that a long evil has lived here. No true light reaches the dark depths of this place. You must traverse the dark corridors to fight hell itself and escape. The beast that lays within is a creature with awesome power that could kill you. Despite these dificulties, you must press on to save Impa from the fel beast.

Wow, that's an excellent way to describe it.

I felt that exactly. The sense of fear and loneliness was completely real, and the atmosphere was one of pure evil. It scared that mess out of me when I first played it at age 8, and It's still pretty freaky when I play through it today. Truly one of the most memorable dungeons in all of Zelda.

D

doclinkin

the hardest was deff the water temple.
but worst id say was the shadow, the whole magic eye bugged me.
favorite was forrest

^ Yeah, I enjoyed a lot the music there, and the overall shape, it made me feel like a explorer, I remember the part of the fixed camera where the sky falls on you and you have to move as in a chess table to the right place so you are not squished. I enjoyed too the ghost haunting and phantom Ganon. Not much room to run, hahah. Yeah, the forest temple was pretty cool.

I have come to the conclusion I have something memorable of each temple in me. Not really a top one that put the rest out. For years, I've been switching favourites first the Forest, then The Spirit, then the Fire, then the Water, and finally the Shadow.

I just like the creepy feeling it gets inside of me, you think horrible things happened here, like a torture chamber, with blood and skulls lying around. The music adds a lot to that effect. The boat floating on mist was also cool!

The worst one, would not be by much, in fact my first answer is that I cannot think in one. But oh well, currently my least favourite would be the Spirit Temple, but I would not say it was the worst. The idea of having areas you can only reach as a kid and areas you can only reach as an adult was pretty neat. Twinrova was pretty memorable too.

Dark_Kokiri

I be a Kokiri~
In my opinion, the hardest was the water temple and the easiest was the Spirit Temple. I'll say a few things about each one...

Water Temple

Bad Points: The overall layout of the temple is bizarre, and it's pretty easy to get lost and forget where you are. Having to go up and down in order to change the water level can get tedious and annoying after several times through, especially when it's your first time playing that temple. There also isn't that much guidance throughout the temple, all you get is a "follow me!" from Ruto and you never see her again.

Good points: The music in this temple is great, it gives off a mysterious vibe, fits the temple very well. And although the layout is annoying, once you finish the temple you get a feeling of satisfaction. Plus, fighting Dark Link is a treat.

Spirit Temple

Bad Points: Getting there is the hard part. As Child Link, you have to go through the desert and follow that Poe. If you are even just a little bit off you can completely loose your way, resulting in having to go back to where you started. Also, some of the puzzles are hard to understand, some of the places you are supposed to move blocks to get up to higher ledges, but it's not that easy considering there are tons of enemies around.

Good Points: Once again, the music is amazing. I think it's the best temple music in the whole game, always has been my favorite. It's not like the other ones where it just stays in the background, you can hear it loud and clear. It makes the whole temple seem big an powerful, truly an ancient artifact. I love the combination of Child and Adult Link, it really makes you feel like the Hero of Time, being able to travel back in time and actually have purpose in doing so.

Yays! Long post. :3

H

Hero0fTimeLink

My best temple in OoT would be the Spirit Temple because i loved the boss and getting the mirror shield. The worst temple for me would have to be like many people the WATER TEMPLE took me i could NOT beat it which got me stuck on my first file.2 months later i had to make a NEW file and use a youtube walkthrough to do the water temple. :(

S

Spreeze

1 being favorite, 5 being least favorite...

1. The Spirit Temple - I liked this one's puzzles and I loved the boss. Twinrova was fun to fight! I also liked getting the mirror shield. Plus, I like the whole being in the desert thing. When I was little I would rent the Zelda game from the video store if I wanted to play it, and none of the files were ever to the Spirit Temple... so when I bought the game and played through, the desert was a new place to me.

2. The Fire Temple - I like this temple just because I like the Bolero of Fire, hehe! It's my favorite melody you get the play on the ocarina. I also liked that you got to rescue the Gorons... that was pretty cool.

3. Forest Temple - This temple was fun because it was the first one you had to do. I didn't necessarily think it was the easiest temple though... It seemed like I always was getting myself lost. But I liked that it provided a challenge that wasn't too hard.

3. Shadow Temple - (Tied with 3rd) This temple was okay... I kind of don't like the whole using the eye of truth thing... that was kind of annoying. And I hated the Beneath the Well mini-dungeon... What I did like about the shadow temple, though, was that it was dark and eerie and, well, creepy. ...And yes, that is a positive thing.

5. Water Temple - A lot of people put this as their least favorite temple... but I won't bash it that much. I hate any under-water level of any game. But for this game, the switching of boots was the most annoying. And I always forgot to get a key and had to change the water levels... bah. The thing I did like was the ice dungeon mini-dungeon beforehand... if that counts.

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
For me the best temple is the water temple o_O why? because it really tests your wits in finding items and i like that. Now that i think about it, i guess the makers of this temple want to test the players wits, in finding treasure or wits in exploring every nook and cranny of the room. The only i hate here is the switching of water levels other than that it's cool.

The only temple i really hate is the shadow temple, man that thing creeps me out especially with the illusions, mini-boss and of course bong bongo. i had nightmares D: because of this thing but it didn't stop me from proceeding.

Shnappy

derp
1. Shadow Temple - I loved the whole scary atmosphere of the temple, with all the ReDeads, Wallmasters, Floormasters, and spiked walls and floors. I also loved the dungeon boss, Bongo Bongo. He was a very fun fight. Traveling through the temple was an awesome experience, and I was on the edge of my couch the whole time, anticipating danger at every turn. That's what I like from a dungeon. It might even be my favorite dungeon out of all Zelda games.

2.Spirit Temple - One of the main reasons I liked the Spirit Temple was because it seemed as if it was two seperate Temples, because you had to go through as a child and as an adult. The puzzles were very unique, and I liked how you had to go outside to get the Mirror Shield. This temple had what was probably the best boss and miniboss in the whole game. The Iron Knuckle fight was beyond epic, I loved it very much. And the Twinrova fight was also great, as it was a very fun, epic fight, while also being humorous, like when Koume and Kotake die, and are in shock that they both had halos on their heads, haha.

3.Water Temple - This temple gets a lot of criticism for being long, boring, difficult, and many other things. I myself found it very entertaining. I liked the challenge. The puzzles were very unique, with different levels of water raising and such. One of the main highlights of this dungeon was Dark Link. Dark Link was quite an epic fight, it was almost like you were fighting yourself. You had to use strategy in that battle, which is unlike most other minibosses and bosses. The boss, Morpha, wasn't as fun as I would've liked. It was a pretty basic fight and not very entertaining. But other than that, this temple was awesome.

4. (tie) Forest Temple - This temple, like most in this game, is very unique, but this one really stands out. You can go through many different terrains and can also alter the structure of the dungeon. Also, how about the music in this dungeon? I loved it, the whole eerie feeling to it. Although in this dungeon I didn't really like the miniboss(es) or boss. The Stalfos were okay, they're always fun, but the Poe Sisters, not so much. They were no fun and were just kind of annoying. Phantom Gannon is more of the same. He was a frustrating boss at first and is pretty boring, although I do admit I like how the battle set up, a room with 6 (I think it was 6, maybe it was 5) photos and the boss jumping in and out of them.

4. (tie) Fire Temple - I find this temple to be kind of the opposite of the Forest Temple in the sense of how good the dungeon puzzles were and the mini boss and boss were. I did not like the puzzles in this dungeon, I will have to admit. They were pretty boring and a lot of them were a nuisance. Some were better than others, but some were just kind of... Ugh. But The miniboss, Flare Dancer, is awesome. It was unique in how there was the furnace in the middle of the room and the Flare Dancer jumped in and out of it, trying to hurt you. Volvagia was also really fun. This is mainly because to me, using the Megaton Hammer is fun in general. It's kind of like those games at an arcade, Wack-a-Mole, or whatever they are called, where you have to use the hammer to wack the moles that pop out of the holes as fast as you can. I love how they implemented that into a Boss fight in a Zelda Game.

Don't let it deceive you that I put the Forest and Fire Temple at the bottom. I loved playing through all of these Temples. OoT had great dungeons, unlike many other Zelda Games.

zzRICHzz

own & finished all Zeldas
yeah i'm gonna have to go with the forest temple

i loved the music and the way the puzzles were layed out

and i'm gonna go with the shadow temple for my second favorite simply because it was scary when i played it and i'm glad TP followed up with eerieness... and stuff

GoroLink

Goron Hero of the Winds
Best temple for me would have been the Water Temple. I don't really see why it is so criticized, it's hard, yeah but it's still very doable with a bit of patience. The Iron boots changing was dull, but overall I loved the Water Temple. The music, the atmosphere, everything! Also the Dark Link battle is awesome.

Worst Temple for me is probably Forest temple, first time I went through it I disliked it, and it doesn't get better. Didn't really like the ghosts stealing the fire idea, and when Nintendo reused it in Arbiters grounds in TP, I was dissapointed. The enemies were boring and never really enjoyed the music too much. And the lack of a 'real' mini boss was a set-back.

Also, hate, Hate, Lord Jabu-Jabu's Belly. Ruto's such a B@%#! "You get the honour of Carriying me" I mean.. Wow.. And the colours hurt my eyes xD The music was good though, suited the location of where you were.. a whales belly.
My point is, Jabu-Jabu is worse than any temple.

Worst Temple for me is probably Forest temple, first time I went through it I disliked it, and it doesn't get better. Didn't really like the ghosts stealing the fire idea, and when Nintendo reused it in Arbiters grounds in TP, I was dissapointed. The enemies were boring and never really enjoyed the music too much. And the lack of a 'real' mini boss was a set-back.

Also, hate, Hate, Lord Jabu-Jabu's Belly. Ruto's such a B@%#! "You get the honour of Carriying me" I mean.. Wow.. And the colours hurt my eyes xD The music was good though, suited the location of where you were.. a whales belly.
My point is, Jabu-Jabu is worse than any temple.

I thought the enemies in the Forest Temple were pretty cool personally. You've got stalfos, green and blue skull bubbles (I think that's the name), and wallmasters, which are all pretty neat to me. The music was a love-it-or-hate I think. It was really creepy, which can be a plus or a minus depending on opinion. Concerning Jabu Jabu's Belly, I think you're right about the colors. They were all super bright, but I was amazed by how much it actually felt like you were in a whale, which was enough to make that dungeon quite memorable in my book.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
I think the best temple would have been the Spirit Temple. Not only was it intricately designed, but everything from its build to the puzzles was unique from the rest of the temples. It was interesting, too, that it had a lot to do with possible Gerudo religion. On top of that, it was Nabooru's headquarters, and you have to wonder just exactly how a young Gerudo managed to climb her way to the position of Second in Command and be awarded such a large place of work.

You can't forget that, unlike other temples, the Spirit Temple required some backtracking, and that was definitely refreshing in OoT. Sure backtracking was necessary here and there throughout OoT, but not so much in the temples. In the Spirit Temple, it was required. Another thing it offered was a bit of inner-temple free roaming. In the Spirit Temple, you could go to Room B before Room A if you so wished it. The puzzles weren't that hard, but they were pretty interesting, and they way they interacted with the design of the temple didn't make them feel out of place. Adjusting the mirrors to lower a platform was very interesting, as well was using strong, hot light to break down an clay face of an ancient idol.

The worst temple, in my opinion, was probably the Shadow Temple. It was creepy when I was younger (still is, really), but it didn't offer a lot of variety or difficulty. It was pretty much straight-forward, checkpoint A to checkpoint B adventuring. I did think that the ferry was interesting, but that was pretty much it. The boss was an interesting idea, but kind of awkward and didn't put up much of a challenge. I think its counterpart, the Well, was much more interesting.

zzRICHzz

own & finished all Zeldas
You can't forget that, unlike other temples, the Spirit Temple required some backtracking, and....

yeah i think the spirit temple was the only one that really used the bombchu too... member when you had to use it to go through that one hole in the chain wall to hit a swith on the other side.... (i gotta play through it again) i would have like to have seen more puzzles with the bombchu

S

Spreeze

Also, hate, Hate, Lord Jabu-Jabu's Belly.

Yeah... Lord Jabu Jabu was my least favorite part of the whole game. I just... didn't like it. Ruto is also one of my least favorite characters. The falling through the holes in that one main room bugged me, cause I could never remember which hole I previously fell through and whatnot... and I hated all them jellyfish and those bubble things... *shudder*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom