• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Best Way to Talk to a Girl That Doesn't Know You?

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Ugh, how did I do this?

I don't really remember.

Personal experience:

I think I just became friends with one of her friends and then became friends with her.

That worked for me though. It might not work for others.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Two main factors, like others have mentioned, are "sense of humour" and "confidence". In most cases a good sense of humour can get you places it gives you that edge in the personality factor as well as charisma. Confidence also plays hand in hand as girls do tend to like a guy with confidence, someone who they can rely on and someone who can take charge. Also girls tend to like confidence as in the person being highly positive which is one of the traits of being an extrovert.

Of course it all depends on the girl in question and sometimes you may have to adapt your approach depending on what they're like, if a girl is funny and out going, then I see harmless banter as a good way to get to talk to her. While if the girl is more reluctant then it may be best to show common interests maybe even show your aspirations in life, I've found that girls seem to like it if you are generally motivated to succeed in life.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Steal their purse when they're not looking. Then come back and give it to them, saying you got it back from the guy who stole it. There you go, now you look like her knight in shining armor. What a gentleman.

Imprisoned

*~German Sparkle Party~*
I like to hear that I look nice, but not obviously showing that you thought about the compliment. Go with the first one that pops into your mind. (This may be me, but I'd suggest against saying that she has a nice a$$.) Get to know her, if she's nice. You can tell if she's nice if she dosen't give you a look of utter disgust.
Become friends with her friends, so you have something in common.
Do not pretend to be someone who you are not. Be real.
Do not, under any circumstances, do something dangerous and stupid to impress her.

Good luck! :)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Don't bother with trying to make yourself look good. Just say "hi, nice to meet you" and let things roll from there. No tricks, no sweet talk, no compliments...just talk to her to be her friend.

bunny

birb overlord
Well, there's not really any for sure way to approach a girl. I mean, "Hi, how are you?" is pretty much your best bet, but every girl is different. Yeah, almost all girls are gonna be able to tell if you're a nervous wreck, so like others have said, be confident in whatever you decide to go with. I would like to say something, though. Some girls may think it's kind of cute if a guy is nervous/shy when he talks to her for the first time; however, there's a difference between being nervous about talking to a girl, and not having confidence in yourself. You gotta be comfortable in your own skin because no matter what you do, you're stuck with it. Not even plastic surgery can change who you really are. Do whatever it takes to feel confident (not proud, confident) in yourself. You could buy a new outfit, get a different hairstyle, maybe even work out more if that's what you gotta do. Just be happy with yourself.

I think I should also point out that there's also a difference between a good self-esteem and impudence. Don't be to proud of yourself 'cause you'll come off as an arrogant snob. Those guys who think they can snatch a girl up with a one-sentence pick-up line make me sick. If you wanna be friends with her, and eventually maybe even date her, it's gonna take time. Show her you really care about her, and that you're not just talking to her just because you think she's hot.

Basically, be ready; don't get cocky; don't be creepy, and most importantly, remember that she's a person just like you. Good luck. ^^

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I can never remember how I first talked to girls I've liked, probably because I was so nervous I blanked out. xD But, I can only reiterate what most others have said; BE CONFIDENT IN YOURSELF. Trust me, I don't have much confidence in myself, so I know from experience that not having confidence isn't going to help you. But don't overdo the confidence.

One of the other most important things is to be polite, but again, don't overdo it. Be funny, but not to the point where it's obvious that you're trying to make her laugh. (I've failed there a few times.) Give her compliments once in awhile, but when it's called for. Otherwise you might come off as creepy. (At least, that's how it was in my experience.) For example, if you notice she's wearing nice clothes, compliment her on that.

I don't have much experience with this sort of thing, but I can at least offer this general advice. I've had many learning experiences (most of which were failures), and I also have common sense, so I know a few things. I hope I was able to provide you with at least a bit of decent advice.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I'd say, don't push it. A lot of guys say "HOLY **** BREASTS I NEED THEM!!!!" and will pursue a girl not right for them. Just, sit down and talk, normally. It shouldn't be awkward, it shouldn't be hard; it'll just be, normal. A nice chat! You'll hopefully have the same interests, same point of view on stuff. People will always give you advice like be confident, compliment her, and more. That's fine and try them but, eventually you'll just be yourself, and she has to like that, not the 10 seconds of bravado and confidence you threw in her face. ;)

And if all else fails, tell her you're rich and dying. You'll be married in 2 years tops.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I think you should just have the mind set of becoming friends with her at first.

If you start thinking of anything more you might ruin it.

B

Bogertz

Epic failure, everyone. Thank for the advice anyway though!
I'm know all the advice in here was great but I got rejected in a very obvious way. It least it only lasted like five minutes total! Lol!
I saw her sit down so I walked up to her and said, "Hi!" but I was behind her and she must not have heard me because when I pulled the chair in front if her she said, "Ummm.... Can I help you?" and it went down hill from there, lol!
I asked her name and she wouldn't give it to me so I told her mine and told her that I thought she looked cool and that I saw her have lunch here everyday and that I'd finally got the courage to talk to her.
She just said that she was super busy and got up and left. I know she wasn't busy because she just sat down and didn't even start eating her lunch!
Also, the next day I saw her working so I thought I would apologize at lunch again and she didn't even go to the food court even though I saw her at work at 9am when the mall opened and then again at 5pm. She probably ate lunch inside her store or something. :(
Oh well, thanks again for the advice though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom