• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Best Way to Talk to a Girl That Doesn't Know You?

B

Bogertz

Hi everyone! I feel a certain kinship with Zelda fans that I've met so I know how we all are. I'm sort of shy but have been going to the mall at lunchtime because a girl whom I find irresistible takes her lunch most days there. I've never spoken to her except that I think she goes to college. Any tips on how to approach her! Thanks!

octorok74

TETTAC
My advice would be to compliment her. Something simple like how you like the way her hair looks that day. It helps me at least, but it is a way to get your foot in the door.

Dan

Stalk her, find her interests and then be all like "oh didn't know you were a fan of Beyblade, hah just so happens so am I"

I rarely talk to other humes in real life, let alone women, so therefore I am not exactly the best wolf from whom to take advice. However, something that I've been told is that it is best to just be yourself, but that kind of applies to a lot of things. In the event of that potentially failing, betake thineself to the impending rejection...

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
Showing a sense of humor is never a bad thing. I often start conversations with people by making a clever observation. If I can get them to smile, I can get them to talk to me.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Beat her over the head with a big stick and then drag her back to your cave...

Showing a sense of humor is never a bad thing. I often start conversations with people by making a clever observation. If I can get them to smile, I can get them to talk to me.

What Curm said. Start with humour (and something observational), because that is the path of least creepiness. Build from there, and for God's sake man BE CONFIDENT with whatever approach you decide to use.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Alcohol.

Considering I am a girl, we tend to look for guys who have similar interests as us. Not like:

"Omg I love nail polish"

"OMGZZZ NO WAIZZZ ME 3333!!!!!1"

We also LOOOVEEE humor. Funny guys are attractive guys.

Oh, and fyi, we have this superpower that tells us when you're a nervous wreak. It's called the power of extreme observation. :P (The more nervous you are, the more likely a girl doesn't wanna talk to you).

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Just be confident and don't be afraid of rejection if you are planning to ask her out, that fear is usually what makes one lose his confidence and increase chances for rejection and/or losing her interest so.. just keep it cool.

Dan

Yes I cannot stress this enough, confidence is key, girls by instinct look for supportive mates to breed with, not non-supportive, the reason for this is simply because they need someone to look after them and their child. That is how girls are tuned. You have all heard the joke "how many girls does it take to screw in a lightbulb,5, 1 to screw in the lightbulb and the other 4 to give emotional support", girls are weak creatures and men must be there to help them lift the weights. So simply tell this mall girl that you can help screw in any lightbulb she needs screwing in. :)

Yes I cannot stress this enough, confidence is key, girls by instinct look for supportive mates to breed with, not non-supportive, the reason for this is simply because they need someone to look after them and their child. That is how girls are tuned. You have all heard the joke "how many girls does it take to screw in a lightbulb,5, 1 to screw in the lightbulb and the other 4 to give emotional support", girls are weak creatures and men must be there to help them lift the weights. So simply tell this mall girl that you can help screw in any lightbulb she needs screwing in. :)

Oho. Now you've done it. Inb4 SEXIST...

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I would start with a simple hi, maybe make a simple observation, nothing that would suggest that you've been watching her for too long, but something simple, maybe tie in a compliment with it. Most important is to just be yourself, keep your nerves in check, remember that if she's worth getting to know she'll respond to you in a positive way. If you talk to her normally, she'll do the same, and the conversation will be more pleasant for both of you.

And guys, honestly, over-confident guys can be a turn-off if it comes off as obnoxious. Some confidence is good, true, but if a guy acts as though he can do nothing wrong, then at least those of us with a functional brain feel the urge to back away.

Just walk up to her and say:

"How much do polar bears weigh?" ... "girl gives stupid answer or has a blank face" ... and then you say:

"enough to break the ice, can I buy you a pizza?"

And if you don't have the confidence to say that, then just tell her that you cannot comprehend how nature could produce something so beautiful, and that usually you're too shy to go up to random girls and start talking to them, but she's so special that you could not pass up this opportunity. I've used variations of that line like fifty times and almost half the time I spend an hour with them at the mall with my friends.

Once you've managed to somehow accidentally convince her to come hang out with you, make her laugh and smile and get to know her. Things should feel natural from their.

But the most important thing - make her laugh. Nobody wants to hang out with people that are awkward and not funny. But don't try too hard, because then you're a try-hard, and nobody likes try-hards.

Ironic how the replies in here show how incompetent we are in regards to women; save for Curmudgeon-senpai (please notice me), of course. The sheer amount of generic answers and overarching generalizations shows how very little we know about the opposite sex. Take, for instance, the notion that feeding a woman a cheesy line will lure her in. While that may be true at times, it's only a basic approach. Not all women are that easy. To avoid entering the realm of rambling and confusion, I'll just say this:

Women, like men, come in a variety of personality types, and each of them possess different dreams, goals, ideals, and aspirations. Using the methods mentioned here in this thread may work to some extent; however, neither of us know the specifics of the woman of whom you are pursuing, so our suggestions should only be taken as a small component of a larger list of steps needed to win her over. Every woman is different, and therefore requires a different approach; assessing the next steps to be taken is up to you.

As mentioned several times before in this thread, CONFIDENCE is key.

B

Bogertz

Thanks for all the advice, even the ones meant to be funny! Some of it is common sense. It it's always good to brush up on things like that when you're nervous. I've never had a girlfriend before but this girl just seems really special so I'd at least want to give things a try.mhopedully I'll have the courage to try sooner rather than later, thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom