• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Best Way to Play OoT?

Best Console for OoT?

• N64

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 3DS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wii Virtual Console

• Other

• Total voters

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I'm getting a 3DS and OoT 3DS today FINALLY.

But before i play through it I just want to know, what is your personal favorite way to play OoT?

On the N64? 3DS? Virtual Console? Emulator?

Speedrun? Minimalist? 100%? Just playing through normally?

More question marks for emphasis???????? ? ????????????//?/??

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
with you eyes closed just kidding i think everyone has different opinions on how to play oot i personally like to play it how it was meant to be played dungeons in order and no glitches

oh i like to play it without a walk through too

willsfairysword

links assistant in combat
I dont have OoT yet but I always play zelda games to there fullest as in look for more heart pieces and all the treasure you can get :)
so play it to its fullest :).

and i'm getting OoT on wiis virtual console soon :) because i dont have an N64 :(.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
3DS is easily the best way to play. Better graphics help but it's the improved interface that makes it far and away the superior version. Having 4 items equipped at once is a huge help, having the map always displayed is very convenient, the gyro controls make using the bow and hookshot more fun as well as faster and the Iron Boots being treated as an Item instead of Gear streamlines their use immensely.

Plus the 3DS's Game Notes feature will help you keep track of what you're doing, what you need, where you're going etc. and it all just makes for a much more enjoyable game experience. I'd have given Ocarina of Time a 7/10 on N64. On 3DS I'd give it 9/10.

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
I've played it on the N64, Cube and an N64 emulator and the Cube version would probably be my favourite. Having C buttons on the N64 is better than the C stick on the Cube but everything else is control wise is great and the GC controller is more comfortable. Plus the GC version looks a bit sharper

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
It would have to be either the GameCube version or the 3DS version. Playing on a bigger screen is always more fun, which is why I said GameCube. It also comes with the Master Quest. The 3DS version, on the other hand, makes good use of the dual screen system and is more user friendly. It also has a Master Quest, and also has boss challenges. Therefore, my final version goes to the 3DS version.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I play it any way I can, but I imagine 3DS would be the best way what with the improved interface and portability. I personally play emulator 99% of the time as my N64 OoT is at my cousins and I don't use my GameCube as often as I used to. Emulator also has the added benefit of being the *easiest* to get screenshots of (did I mention that most if not all walkthroughers for N64 games use emu for screencaps?) as well as being the *easiest* to do video guides of (ZD did it, I askeded).

All in all, 3DS is the BEST way. But emu is my FAVORITE way.

The 3DS version is these days the definitive version of the game to play. It's much more fun to play, you spend less time wandering through screens, and aside from the graphics, I enjoy the fact that they went the extra mile to add item descriptions (not that they were necessary, but they were a nice touch all the same). This is especially true in the Water Temple. I don't have that dungeon as much as others do, but I have to admit, the ability to swap boots on the fly has made going through it less of a chore than going through it on any of the previous console versions.

The only downside to the 3DS version is the lack of being able to take screenshots. It would be nice if there was a way to capture your screen as you play without needing special equipment, but alas, it isn't possible at this time as far as I know.

willsfairysword

links assistant in combat
If you like the gamecube controller I suggest getting it on wii like I am going to :) .

(me and some else are the only ones who like it on wii ???? :( )

Just play it the way it was made to be played no walkthroughs just play it, then once you beat it replay and use the Navi dive glitch to get out of the forest early and get some items before your supposed to then go back to the first dungeon and destroy it.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
3DS. The graphics are much prettier to look at -- come on, graphics may not make or break a game, but playing a game that doesn't look like a bunch of polygons sure doesn't hurt -- the frame rate is incredibly better, the gyroscope controls work like a dream, the inventory system isn't painfully slow and inconvenient like its N64 ancestor's was, there are four slots for equipped items instead of three, the ocarina has its own slot, the Master Quest has the added mirrored effect and double damage, it has the Shiekah Stones if you're ever stuck and want a hint, and it has a boss rush mode. It's just overall the better version. Get it.

Mr Reaper

Fear The Reaper
I've only played the Gamecube version but I've played N64 games at other people's houses and the controller made me want to take that middle handle and stick it right up Miyamoto's ***, it was easily the worst controller I've ever played on, I mean seriously, how do they expect you to fit your hand over that thing, I'm not friggin' Bongo Bongo ok, and I definitely don't have an arm growing out of my stomach, even though the Gamecube controller felt really tiny in your hands it didn't really bother me and I like how the analog stick is waaaay less sensitive, the controls make a huuuuuuuge difference, but I might be a little biased since I've never played the N64 version but if you asked me I would say Gamecube, ALL DAY.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
3DS. The graphics are much prettier to look at -- come on, graphics may not make or break a game, but playing a game that doesn't look like a bunch of polygons sure doesn't hurt -- the frame rate is incredibly better, the gyroscope controls work like a dream, the inventory system isn't painfully slow and inconvenient like its N64 ancestor's was, there are four slots for equipped items instead of three, the ocarina has its own slot, the Master Quest has the added mirrored effect and double damage, it has the Shiekah Stones if you're ever stuck and want a hint, and it has a boss rush mode. It's just overall the better version. Get it.

Oh i got it. I got it today i'm about to enter Jabu Jabu's belly and i have to say i am lovin it on the 3ds

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom