• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Best Way To Gain Levels, Find High Rank Weapons, and Find Rarer Materials

At one point, I was struggling to find materials from Imprisoned and Argorok. I also needed many of my warriors to level up and get better weapons. Then, I went back to the Master Quest Adventure Map and stumbled across one square that caught my attention. Near the northeast corner of the map (I believe it is three squares down from the top right corner), there is a "Rack Up Your KO Count" challenge. It is Lv.11 and it has an A Rank Zant Heart Piece reward.

This challenge is absolutely perfect for training, weapons, and materials. Here is the best way to get the most out of this challenge:

1. Use an apothecary mixture that uses silver materials. I would suggest Weapon Rank II, but whatever. Doing this challenge, you will easily reacquire 5+ silver materials every time.

2. Use Focus Spirit as much as possible. It will rack up your KO count faster, level up faster, and just make everything all the more easier.

3. Use weaker weapons that have unlockable skills. This challenge is perfect for unlocking skills on weaker weapons so that you can transfer those skills to better weapons. It's easy to get 2,000+ KOs.

Doing this, I accomplished so much. I now have a lot of silver AND gold Imprisoned and Argorok materials, acquired several powerful high rank weapons, and leveled up many of my characters. If you're struggling, give this a shot and let me know how it goes.

Last edited:
I can confirm this works well. It'a C16, top right of the Master Quest map as said above. Here are some notes about the stage first.

• The stage is very hard to get to. You need to get a raft to access the stage and depending on where they are, this can be hard to do. Also the stages leading up to C16 are pretty hard too. One you are there though, C16 is relatively easy with the right set up.
  • I used Link at Lv119 and a 450 damage power gauntlets on my first sty of the stage. (due to me liking the weapon a lot and it's favoured stage element) and the stage is very easy to rack up the KOs on.
  • The magic bottles are littered over the ground on this stage and there are tons of bottle dropping captains. I got a 530 combo in magic time due to the fact there are so many bottles around.
  • This stage is not so good for farming rupees. The network links or reward stages are better.
  • I didn't use any potions and I only got 3 trash weapons. Not so good to farm weapons on.
  • Farming KOs for ability unlocking, materials and XP is amazing on this stage.
  • This is not the best stage to farm bronze materials for Twilight Princess potions. The first kill both enemies at the same time on the Twilight Princess map seems to be better for that due to the fact you can farm all day and they drop 2x items per captain kill.
  • There could be a better Twilight Princess map stage that is better than this due to the fact of the double drop materials. I will have to keep doing more of the Twilight Princess map to test this out.

Here are the screenshots from my 1st shot at this stage to show you how good the stage is.

The number of KO's I ended up getting in the 10 minute time limit.

zlCfzSvTVEoZheH__R

Here are all the materials I got. Had to take 2 screen shots to show you them all

zlCfzSvTXZAxBaRJl7

zlCfzSvTZ-chsxPeuY

I can confirm this works well. It'a C16, top right of the Master Quest map as said above. Here are some notes about the stage first.

• The stage is very hard to get to. You need to get a raft to access the stage and depending on where they are, this can be hard to do. Also the stages leading up to C16 are pretty hard too. One you are there though, C16 is relatively easy with the right set up.
  • I used Link at Lv119 and a 450 damage power gauntlets on my first sty of the stage. (due to me liking the weapon a lot and it's favoured stage element) and the stage is very easy to rack up the KOs on.
  • The magic bottles are littered over the ground on this stage and there are tons of bottle dropping captains. I got a 530 combo in magic time due to the fact there are so many bottles around.
  • This stage is not so good for farming rupees. The network links or reward stages are better.
  • I didn't use any potions and I only got 3 trash weapons. Not so good to farm weapons on.
  • Farming KOs for ability unlocking, materials and XP is amazing on this stage.
  • This is not the best stage to farm bronze materials for Twilight Princess potions. The first kill both enemies at the same time on the Twilight Princess map seems to be better for that due to the fact you can farm all day and they drop 2x items per captain kill.
  • There could be a better Twilight Princess map stage that is better than this due to the fact of the double drop materials. I will have to keep doing more of the Twilight Princess map to test this out.

Here are the screenshots from my 1st shot at this stage to show you how good the stage is.

The number of KO's I ended up getting in the 10 minute time limit.

zlCfzSvTVEoZheH__R

Here are all the materials I got. Had to take 2 screen shots to show you them all

zlCfzSvTXZAxBaRJl7

zlCfzSvTZ-chsxPeuY

I'm glad it worked well for you. I guess it is pretty hard to reach this square. I had already completed the Master Quest Map and was working on the Twilight Princess Map when I needed to get some materials and EXP.

You don't even need to use your best character and weapons for this map. That's what's so great about it.

I'm surprised you didn't get good weapons. I just re-did this stage quick with Midna using a Rank 2 Shackle with no Slots or Stars skills. I did use a Weapon Rank II power up. I got three Rank 3 weapons that had very good Stars and Slots.

I recommend using any silver Apothecary power-up mainly because I happen to have so many silver materials and acquire more than 5 almost every time.

I didn't really pay attention to rupees. But I guess you're right. I didn't get much.

Even though you only get one material drop per foe, you still can get plenty of bronze materials on this stage. There are several Stalfos on the field that drop bronze material. I find this particular stage very enticing, so I end up getting lots of bronze anyway.

The Twilight Princess Map has a few "Rack Up Your KO Count" challenges, but as far as I can remember, they are low level. I should give them a try again.

Anyway, if you try this stage again, I would suggest using silver Apothecary mixtures. Especially if you're sitting on a ton of silver materials like I am.

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
Wow, that sounds great.
Though I'm not done with MQ yet. :/

I'm nearly done, but the top-right is like- only area not accessible to me yet. xP
I've got a lot to do in that last column, and a few to do on the bottom row.

I just discovered a slightly better challenge square. It's also on the Master Quest Map in bottom left corner. It's another "Rack Up Your KO Count" challenge, only it's Lv12 instead of Lv11.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
The "Rack Up Your KO Count" stages are easily the best levels in the game to grind, they should have been what makes up the Rewards Map, instead of what is there currently. They're all great for KOs, rupees and weapons, and the specific materials depends on what you're up against. When I discover a new Rack Up Your KO Count level, I get all giddy inside; they're truly wonderful.

The "Rack Up Your KO Count" stages are easily the best levels in the game to grind, they should have been what makes up the Rewards Map, instead of what is there currently. They're all great for KOs, rupees and weapons, and the specific materials depends on what you're up against. When I discover a new Rack Up Your KO Count level, I get all giddy inside; they're truly wonderful.

Indeed they are great for grinding. One thing I realized is that the higher Lv challenges have the best weapon drops. Especially with Apothecary mixtures. But even without the Apothecary, the Lv11 & 12 RUYKOC Challenges definitely have better weapons than lower Lv ones. At point, I was incredibly low on Gold and Silver Argorok and Imprisoned materials. But after I discovered the Lv11 RUYKOC Challenge, I now have more than enough. I just use them at the Apothecary now. I feel like I could do those challenges forever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom