• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Best warp system in Zelda

Not all Zelda games have us warping but those that do make it o that we can get to where we want to go with no fuss.. usually.

For example, the warping in OoT was fine, but WW even though i love the game, doesnt have the best warp points, same with TP in a way but not as bad as WW...

What about you guys, which Zelda title has the most useful warping system?

Sheik

:the:
I would say Twilight Princess's warping system was the best. There were quite a number of places you could warp to, so you could get just about anywhere pretty quickly. I never found myself having problems with it.

MM's was useful as well.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Not all Zelda games have us warping but those that do make it o that we can get to where we want to go with no fuss.. usually.

For example, the warping in OoT was fine, but WW even though i love the game, doesnt have the best warp points, same with TP in a way but not as bad as WW...

What about you guys, which Zelda title has the most useful warping system?
TP's is my favourite. Not only does it let you go where you want to go but it looks cool as hell when you do it.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I'm actually a fan of the warping system used in A Link to the Past. Not only could you use the flute/whirlpools to travel across various points in Hyrule, there were also warp tiles for easy access to the Dark World. Additionally, the Magic Mirror could be used to create a temporary portal to the Dark World wherever the player saw fit.

Looking at new(er) titles, I would say Ocarina of Time also had a good system, as the warp points were distributed well throughout Hyrule, making any location relatively easy to get to.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I have to agree with those that say Twilight Princess. There were a lot of warp points, but not so many that it completely eliminated normal means of travel, and each one was in a convenient location to do both main and side quest stuff. They are extremely useful and I use them a lot.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
I would say Twilight Princess's warping system was the best. There were quite a number of places you could warp to, so you could get just about anywhere pretty quickly. I never found myself having problems with it.

MM's was useful as well.

I completely agree with both of these. I also feel as if Twilight Princess or Majora's Mask has the most useful warp system. In Twilight Princess, there are plenty of warp points scattered around which gives easy access to almost anywhere once a warp point has been unlocked.

The same can be said for Majora's Mask. There are an abundance of Owl Statues allowing for quick access to just about every location.

pkfroce

Skelepuns
I love the warping system in Spirit Tracks.

MM's warping system is definitely my favorite. It was fast, convenient, and I liked the song that you had to play to warp.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I loved the warping system used in ALBW. I mean come on who doesn't like to be taken by Irene and her broom or the Broom without Irene and still hear her funny comments all the time? This was one of the reasons I warp everytime to read Irene her comments.

TP has a very cool warp system too. Not overdoing it and you're still able to explore a lot if you like.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
I would have to say ALttP/ALBW, was really nice, plenty of warp points getting you relatively close to any area you are looking to go to for what ever reason. I would also have too say that MM's warp points are working out pretty good for me. Granted the world is not huge compared to other titles, so it doesnt really need a Lot of warp point, but there is one for ever notable area in the game, making sidequest and making it to places on time very easy!

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
I'd have to say between Twilight Princess, Majora's Mask, and Link Between Worlds. They are all very user friendly, and all amazing. TP looks so ba, MM gets an awesome song, and Irene is so sassy when you warp in ALBW. So they're all great

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom