• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Best Videogame for Each Genre

Lady_Yuna

GoodNight SunShine!
Yeah Resident Evil 5 really is a great game. I just didn't like how it wasn't puzzle heavy, how it didn't flow like the rest of the games because it had levels/chapters, and how it didn't have any scary poping out in your face moments like previous titles, and it was also missing the type writer!!! A very important object in the Resident Evil series!!! But then again it's a fanboy thing. I liked the story but the whole Jill thing was obvious since the beginning. I also really like how it was co-op. I really want a Resident Evil game that is co-op and incorprates evrything I mentioned above and brings back the Zombies while still being action heavy.

I guess. I think it had some scary parts like one of those monsters emerging from the boxes when you were in that one ally. But, maybe re6 will be the next "zombie co-op game".

Lol I remember when IGN posted an image of Chris looking at Jill's grave. The internet practically exploded and a lot of people were upset because they thought capcom really did kill her from the story.. I can't really say that it was obvious for me because I thought the bird lady was Excella. Don't ask me why? I really don't know.:lol:

Turo602 said:
You got to play Resident Evil remake and 3:Nemesis so you can really appreciate Jill. She was my second choice. I really want to see a game with Chris, Jill, Leon, Claire, Ada, Rebbeca, and Barry as the pilot. And for once explain what happened to Billy Coen!

Don't forget about Sherry. I watched some clips from the darkside chronicles and I'm guessing she was taken by the U.S government, right?

Fahxy

Grand Campaigner
Well, here goes:

Most addictive: Tetris.
Best action game: Contra ReBirth
Best rpg:Well..... I know this doesn't really count, but Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
Best shooter game: CoD : World at War (Especially Nazi Zombie mode)
Best fighting game: Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Best Action adventure: Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
Best Survival horror: I guess Nazi Zombie mode. I'm not much of a survival horror fan.
Best stealth: N/A, I'm afraid...
Best platformer: Super Mario 64/ Super Mario Sunshine. I love them both...
Best PC game: Well, I will never forget Age of Empires II. Many memories there.
Male character:That rat in Okami that gives Ameterasu her Power Slash ability. The fact that a small white rat could pretty much pull Cloud's sword out of a sheath for a dagger is AMAZING.
Female character: Curly Brace of Cave story.

Cool thread, by the way.

Last edited:

Kid Buu

The Ultimate Majin
Correction for what you said. You said 2nd Person. There is no such thing. But there is such thing as 3rd person though. Just wanted to point that out. :P

Now I'm just going to say couple for now. I might post some more later.

Shooter: Modern Warfare 2 :: The Spec Ops, Single Player and Multiplayer were all good.
RPG: Fable II :: Just awesome

A

AlucardMAXX

Most addictive videogame- Pikmin - Because you play it and then you just can't stop playing it :D

Best action game- Metroid: Other M - I really liked it's gameplay and how Samus can fight and kick butts :D

Best RPG game- My RPG choice is Super Mario RPG, Because of Geno :D and the history was pretty good, too

Best Shooter game - Halo 2- This game's history, graphics and multiplayer are awesome.

Best fighting game- Super Smash Bros. Brawl - This doesn't need any description, does it?

Best action adventure game- Fable: The Lost Chapters - This game is really awesome... I really enjoyed every second of playing it ...

Best survival horror- Resident Evil 2 :D

Best stealth game- With no doubt, Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes

Best platformer game- Super Mario Galaxy 2

Best PC game- I don't know any PC exclusives... but Gears of War is with no doubt the best PC game I've installed so far

Overall best female and male character- Male: I don't know if this fits in... but I think that is Shadow the Hedgehog... and female with no doubt is Samus Aran :)

I think there were some other categories left... like simulation, puzzle and retro :P

Simulation- Trauma Team, because of all of its gameplay modes

Puzzle- Professor Layton and the curious village

Old School- Sonic & Knuckles

Kirino

Tatakae
Most addictive:Tetris
Best action game:Metroid Other M
Best rpg:Chrono Trigger
Best shooter game:Metroid Prime
Best fighting game:SSBB
Best Action adventure:Metroid Fusion
Best Survival horror:N/A they scare me...
Best stealth:Metal Gear Solid:The Twin Snakes
Best platformer:Original Mario Bros
Best PC game:World of Warcraft
Male character:Link
Female character:Samus

I'll post the reasons later.

most addictive videogame- Tetris- Ah, Tetris. The Soviet puzzle game that has been released on just about every electronic device. No explanation can do Alexey Pazhitnov's masterpiece.

best multiplayer videogame- Super Smash Bros Melee- Good graphx, good music, addicting gameplay, and great multiplayer. It's the top begged game at my parties.

best action game- Sin & Punishment- Please, if you wish to see my review of Sin & Punishment, search my older posts.

best RPG game- Earthbound- HOWMANYTIMESMUSTISTRESSHOWGREATTHISGAMEIS Please, if you wish to see my review of Earthbound, search my older posts.

best Shooter game- Sinistar- Run, coward. This popular arcade game was one of the most attractive. The guy you fought in this game calls after you, deeming you a coward. That's the sole reason it's on the list. The game roars at you and calls you a coward.

best fighting game- Soul Calibur 2 (GC)- I used to only play as Link, but I've recently gotten into other characters like Cassandra and Cervantes. The game is essentially Street Fighter in a fantasy medieval setting. The one thing that made this game interesting wasn't the story mode, multiplayer, characters, or combos. This time, the weapons are the main attraction (especially since Link wields his bow, bombs, and a boomerang in addition to the shield and sword). You can actually buy new eapons to strategically fight enemies. For instance, a heavy yet slow weapon (an iron jo for Kilik) would be good against Astaroth (the slow ogre), but terrible against Voldo (the fast moving poison zombie).

best action adventure game- Zelda 2- The game is fun, hard, and different from it's own series. I tend to love black sheep, and this is one of the best of the black sheep. Casting spells, jumping, overworld maps, exploration, and levelling up? Wow! This game has it all! *goes into a daze*

best platformer game- Castlevania 2- Why do people hate this? It's not hard, it's just tedious. Grinding is rather quick and easy if you schedule your grinding sessions correctly, and the only cryptic things are Dracula's body parts. (His nail makes your whip destroy blocks?) The gaame is easy if played right, and it's a true classic. Download it on the VC. You won't suffer disappointment.
best PC- Activision Anthology- The only PC game I've ever played, Activision Anthology was a collection of old Atari 2600 classics, such as Pitfalls 1&2, Boxing, Subterranea, Atlantis, and Laser Invaders. They're all fun, plus it comes with a built in radio to listen to classic 80s music, and there's only one problem: NO YAR'S REVENGE! WHAT

Overall best female character- Sami (Advanced Wars)- A teenage girl who commands an entire army and celebrates victories in the best ways! …Ice cream! Okay, maybe I got her age off, but what puts her on the list is her style of gameplay. If you don’t know, in Advance Wars you have different generals to use and they all have different powers. For instance the main character, Andy the mechanic, repairs all his deployed troops for his power. Sami’s power allows her to beef up both fire-power and how far a unit can move. This is one of the best powers in the game, and it shows a lot of chivalry on her and her army’s part. Especially considering that she’s a girl. I’m not saying girls aren’t good at leading armies, it’s just that most girls in videogames are idiots who are kidnapped, sex toys, and/or witches.

Overall best male character- Phoenix Wright (eponymous character)- One of the most cunning characters in videogame history, I’d like to quote the judge from his game on his description. “Mr. Wright, you are truly one of the most unpredictable defense attorneys I’ve ever seen.” He turns murder cases with the best evidence against his client around in such a way that I sometimes wonder how the murderer wasn’t found out. I’d love to put an example, but you have to go find one for yourself, because there are TOO many good ones! However, he has a downside. Later in the series, he loses a case and is falsely accused of forgery, which I have to admit is an unpleasant downfall for such a great character and was later replaced by some German kid, but I still love replaying his early cases.

Last edited:
Here's mine!

Most addictive: Brawl
Best Action Game: Brawl
Best RPG: Chrono Trigger
Best Shooter: Metroid Series (Stop Crying Call Of Duty Fanboys!)
Best Fighting Game: Brawl
Best Action/Adventure game: Mario Series
Best Survival Horror: Dead Rising Series
Best Stealth: Metal Gear Solid (I never played it, but it must be good.)
Best Platformer: Mario Series
Best Simulation: Animal Crossing
Best PeeCee: Runescape (Hell Yeah!)

Best Male Character: Captain Falcon! (Hell Yeah Again!)
Best Female Character: Samus Aran

Yep. Mostly Nintendo.

Kazumi

chagy
It's a tough choice. I'll think about it.

Most Addictive Game - Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Best Action Game - Assassin's Creed II
Best RPG - Pokemon series, Final Fantasy X
Best Shooter - Team Fortress 2, Quake Wars, Half Life 2, Halo
Best Fighting Game - Tatsunoko VS Capcom: Ultimate All Stars, Soul Calibur II
Best Action Adventure Game - Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Best Survival Horror - Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil 5
Best Platformer - Kirby's Epic Yarn, Kirby's Adventure
Best PC- Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Team Fortress 2, Quake Wars, Half Life 2
Best MMO - Guild Wars
Male Character - Gordon Freeman
Female Character - Samus Aran (not including Other M)

Yeah, I removed Stealth and added MMO, considering I don't really play any stealth games (though I'd like to try Metal Gear Solid), and I do play MMO's. If there is more then one game listed for a genre that means that they are tied. I'm more of a PC gamer myself, as my list shows.

Tony

Stardust Crusaders
Most Addictive game: Maodern Warfare 2
Best Action Game: CastleVania 2: Simon's Quest
Best RPG: Final Fantasy 4
Best Shooter: Modern Warfare 2
Best Fighting Game: Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Best Action Adventure Game: Majora's Mask or Alttp
Best Platformer: Super Mario Galaxy 2, Super Mario 3, Metroid
Best Stealth: Metal Gear Solid 3
Best Male Character: Link
Best Female Character: Samus

L

Legendary Sword

Most addictive videogame- Super Smash Bros. Melee. You can just keep playing and playing and playing...
best action game- Um, I don't know I guess Lego Star Wars? (if that can count?... I'm more of an action-adventure fan)
best RPG game- Kingdom Hearts or Oblivion
best Shooter game (can be 1st person or 2nd person)- I don't really like shooters, but two that I indeed enjoy are Sin and Punishment on Wii and Left for Dead 2
best fighting game- Super Smash Bros. Melee (again)
best action adventure game-I just beat Super Metroid yesterday and I loved it, so I will say that (since Zelda doesn't count)
best survival horror- Left for Dead 2 (the only one I've played but it's fun)
best stealth game-I haven't really played any of these
best platformer game-Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Super Mario Sunshine, or Kirby's Dreamland 3
best PC-BAckyard Baseball! (2001 or 2003)
Overall best male character- Kirby! (besides Link)
Overall best female character- I think Samus

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
Best PC game: Well, I will never forget Age of Empires II. Many memories there.

Yes, same here. One of my first games, and I played it for almost 7 years without getting bored (my computer is to new so I can't play it anymore..). This game is really fun if you know a lot of people who also play this game, it's really coo; to play this online to people you know well

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
Zelda can't be included? Okay then.

Most addictive videogame- Tetris (various, most notably on the original Game Boy)

best action game- Mega Man 2 (NES)

best RPG game- Dragon Quest VIII (PS2)

best Shooter game (can be 1st person or 2nd person)- Contra III

best fighting game- Tekken 3 (Arcade, PSone)

best action adventure game- Secret of Mana (Super Nintendo)

best survival horror- Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem (Gamecube)

best stealth game- Splinter Cell 3

best platformer game- Super Mario Galaxy

best PC-
Sorry, does that mean PC-Game? In that case, Master of Orion II.
If it's supposed to mean player character, then Conker.

Overall best female and male character (it can be from anywhere)-
Darth Revan.

Flagpole

I'm back!!
Uhh, let's see...

Most addictive videogame - Have no idea... probably Tetris, Pacman or Snake
Best action game - Mega Man III/Rockman World 3 (Game Boy)
Best RPG game - So far, Paper Mario - probably a Final Fantasy game will win this position if I get my hands on a good one...
Best shooter game - This one is tied by two games, both for the Nintendo 64. First off, the awesome Goldeneye 007, the legendary FPS. Second off, one of my favorite games, which actually is a mix between two genres (shooter and platforming): Jet Force Gemini.
Best action adventure game - Although you don't wan't me to post Zelda games... If I could mention Zelda games, it definitely be any of the four I have.
Best platformer game - Again tied between two Nintendo 64 games. Super Mario 64, and the already mentioned mix of genres Jet Force Gemini.
Best Male Character - Don't really know... Link, maybe.
Best Female Character - Definitely Samus Aran.

KratosFan

JUDGEMENT!
Most addictive videogame- I'm not addicted, sorry :/

best action game- Don't play action games.

best RPG game- Fire Emblem Rekka No Ken (Blazing Sword). I love this game, although i have never actually completed the final chapter in it :P I have played through the other thirty chapters probably 20 times now, maybe more. The story is far superior to any other in the franchise, and it was the first fire emblem to receive American Localization. the characters are great, and the gameplay is awesome, with tons of characters to recruit. None of the chapters are stale surprisingly, after looking at other games (cough sacred stones cough) and its just fun, i don't know how to explain it, it's a tactical turn based RPG. Oh yeah, and Eliwood is NOT Roy >.>

best Shooter game (can be 1st person or 3rd person)- Call of Duty Black Ops. I know I will sound stupid, because it's the newest game, so everyone will be like "OHH YOU FUNNY! YOU LIEK IT BCOZ NEWEST GAEM!" but it really is the best. It actually has a story that ISN'T so bad that you can predict everything that will happen before it does, and your guy doesn't die every other mission. The online is much improved to. You see, i don't really like playing online either way, but the point system is a MUCH better way to get gun attachments then "Get 80 headshots in one match using FAMAS" because that was stupid and ridiculous.

best fighting game-Super Smash Bros. Melee. I actually prefer it over brawl, because brawl is too slow for me anyways, and melee was always just mroe fun to me. I can still replay melee after, what was it, 8 years now? I like all the new character additions(except mewtwo), and the far superior gameplay to the original (from 8 characters to 25, about 3x the items, and several new maps) and it's just fun overall to play with friends.

best action adventure game- Zelda Majoras Mask. Anything i could say will have already been stated about 999,999 times, so yeah, i don't really need justification.
Also, I KNOW that he said no zelda games, but really, how many other good action adventure games are there :/

best survival horror- dont play

best stealth game- dont play

best platformer game- haven't played one in like 4 years, so I don't really know what to say :/ Is super Mario sunshine a platformer, even though it's 3D? or dos it have to be 2D? I wish the specifications for this were more specific :/

best PC-can it be games that were released on console and PC? If so, Portal. It is a fun and relatively short game (beat it in 30 minutes :D) that doesn't really ever lose it's charm. the story isn't exactly good, and by that i mean it's hardly existent, but it's just a puzzle game, so it doesn't really need to have an excellent story (although, from what i hear, portal 2 will have an improved story).

Overall best female and male character (it can be from anywhere)- Don't really pick favorites :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom