• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Best Version of OoT?

What's the greatest version of OoT?

• N64 Version 1.0 (original/gold)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • N64 Version 1.1 (grammar and bug fixes)

• N64 Version 1.2 (removed chants in Fire Temple music, green blood)

• Gamecube (Master Quest/Collector's Edition, replaced crescent star symbols)

• 3DS (remake, improved graphics + other changes)

• Total voters

TheRationalDove

Red Hair Wonder
The 3DS version is the only version I've played,but after watching videos, I have to say that the charm of the game was well-reproduces and the controls really replicated the original well, while still making it fresh.

ElementalChaos

Hylian Pony
I forgot to give my own opinion as well!

For me, it's a tie between the original/1.1 for N64 and the 3DS version. But I'm kinda leaning towards the N64 because of several factors, including nostalgia, authenticity, and controls. OoT feels like it was designed for the N64 controller, not the 3DS. But the graphical enhancements of the remake make it much more pleasing to the eye than the original. Hyrule Castle Town no longer felt like a creepy, desolate place with it's dark color scheme; it was transformed into a bustling, joyful place filled with vivid colors. It's a shame they didn't even touch the music, though. It could have been amazing had it been remastered.

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
Original Gold with Fire Temple chants and everything. I really love the updated graphics and smoother gameplay with the 3DS version and all, but I think I'd rather play the original anyday. I don't get the same feeling as the 3DS version.

Night Owl

~Momentai
Personally, I grew up with the collector's Edition and The Edition with Master's Quest on the GameCube.

I voted for the 3ds Remake because I fell in love with it. The stunning 3d visuals and the redone menus that made Item swapping quicker and easier. I also Liked how they Made Master's quest it's own game not just OoT with alternate puzzles.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I can't answer this question seeing as i don't know what version of rom I hve, and i havent played the 3DS version or finished the master quest. I feel like not enough people have played the master quest which gives the others an unfair advantage

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Gold v1.0 (there are grey v1.0s out there), because it's the most exploitable, most fun version in my opinion. Most of the stuff you can do in that game just don't exist in v1.1, v1.2, v2.0 or v3 [3D]. Which is a shame, but it is what it is.

I also miss the beauty that was the original Mirror Shield. Glad my cousin has the game so I can make love and happiness with it whenever I want. In a virtual sorta way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom