• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Best Version of OoT?

What's the greatest version of OoT?

• N64 Version 1.0 (original/gold)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • N64 Version 1.1 (grammar and bug fixes)

• N64 Version 1.2 (removed chants in Fire Temple music, green blood)

• Gamecube (Master Quest/Collector's Edition, replaced crescent star symbols)

• 3DS (remake, improved graphics + other changes)

• Total voters

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
V1.0 is great for speedruns and is almost always used for them, but it has bad lag at certain times and is low-resolution. V1.1 and V1.2 only removed glitches that are helpful for speedruns, Islamic references that I don't care about, red blood that I also don't care for, and grammatical mistakes which are fine and dandy but don't make up for the glitches.

The both Gamcube versions increased the resolution, lowered lag but still has the lack of glitches problem, and the Gamecube controller just wasn't meant for the game, in my opinion. I do like how it introduced the Masterquest version.

The 3Ds version has amazing visuals but don't bring enough new content to be worth the purchase, in my opinion.

In conclusion: A tie between V1.0 and Gamecube Masterquest.

Mrflamexd3

Wind Waker!
Here's the thing, most people are going to say N64 for the nostalgia and bla bla bla, and I started with the Gamecube/Master Quest Version, but I personally think the 3DS version is the best. It has improved and up to date graphics, and it has master quest, and boss challenge mode. Gamecube was the best until the 3DS came along. So the 3DS version is the best, but most people will say N64 for nostalgia.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
Definitely the original 1.0 version. It doesn't have to be the gold one, just as long as it still has all the same tricks and glitches. Even though the 3DS has better graphics, for this game the original has it beat.

Dan

3DS, same game only better graphics, better interface and love the orchestrated end credits :)
Understandable if people prefer the N64 version nostalgia is pretty powerful. Although I've never really got into doing glitches.

i liked the gamecube 1 better cause i liked the controls the best, and i dont know why ppl didnt and N64 analog stick wasnt very precise and 3DS seemed to make quite a few things a lot easier (especially water temple) and that didnt make it as fun

While the 3ds version has the best controls i think it has to be 1.1 or 1.2 on the n64. I mean the chanting in the fire temple was awesome and although it was 64 bit graphics, this made the game very nostalgic :)

It's really hard to decide because the original N64 one I grew up with, and that was the first one I cleared 100%. But then again, the 3DS version had better graphics and better controls. Im gonna have to give the edge to 3DS if I were to judge by how good the game is, but the best memories I have from N64 one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom