• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Best version of Hyrule Castle?

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
What is, in your opinion, the best version of Hyrule castle?

I will have to go with BotW’s rendition. The music that plays is very fitting for the ruin-like and somber atmosphere, and the design is great. I also like how you can see Hyrule Castle from almost anywhere in the game, always reminding you of your quest to save Zelda and Hyrule.

1610730491265.jpeg

Last edited:

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
BotW has the best music, the best design, and the best atmosphere. It was the first rendition to actually feel like a castle. The enemies and the malice is what made it dangerous, rather than rooms of puzzles like other dungeons that would be out of place in a regularly lived-in castle. Even so it was still a lot of fun to explore. They really did a fantastic job on it.

Gonna give a tricky answer for a tricky question.

Breath of the Wild's Hyrule Castle really made me feel things. Of all the Hyrule Castles, it's the most memorable to me now. Exploring it was the highlight of my first playthrough of BotW. It was a very emotional way of taking in the scars of the Calamity and I wish more of BotW showed this. But. I think BotW's version of Hyrule Castle is made more effective from the groundwork set by A Link to the Past and Twilight Princess's versions of it, at least for me. Being familiar with the building and having some sentimental value with it, makes its condition in BotW far more impactful.

A Link to the Past was my first exposure to Hyrule Castle and getting to explore it, and was what I pictured of Hyrule Castle for a very long time. Twilight Princess was somber, and quite literally a 3D rendition of A Link to the Pasts in its general structure--having to go through sewers, going to the roof... in the rain. As my first 3D exposure to Hyrule Castle, it calling back to my only other impression of Hyrule Castle was both a comfort and a dream.

So, I need the familiarity, A Link to the Past and Twilight Princess are both familiar, for the effectiveness of Breath of the Wild to completely rip it away from me and make it hurt in a good way. *finger guns*

CreeperMaster343

Spirit Tracks Zelda best companion, LinkxNavi FTW
Personally i really like the Wind Waker Hyrule Castle as it feels very fairy taleish, and the frozen in time aspect is really cool, i also like all the references to Oot that are in the castle
tumblr_pkf7ukwgDC1ujbic2_1280.jpg

Last edited:

AwdryFan1997

you are not immune to propaganda
BoTW's nice, but that's just because it's a really nice dungeon. ALttP's is really nice because it's a pretty good dungeon. OoT's is the best because it's a stealth section and you fight on its roof in Smash.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
Either minish cap or spirit tracks

Woah, what? Not breath of the wild? Crazy! Idk castles aren't as fun when you can climb up walls I guess, the 2d zelda games make the castle feel a lot more labyrinthine

Can we count lorule castle? That would get my vote

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom