• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Best Twighlight Princess Boss Fight.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Twilight Princess had some of the best boss fights I've ever seen. From fighting Argorok in the skies to spinning around that pillar while taking on Stallord, these battles were awesome. They're great, but which is the best? What's the best and why do you think so?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I think i will have to agree with Spirit and say Argorok..

Loved this boss fight so much <3 The boss stage was just epic as were perched high into the clouds with the srong winds creating an awesome atmosphere. The design of the boss figh was also great, you had that sense of fear when having to rush to climb the giant pillars and the satisfaction of using the double clawshot and looking at the top of the Pillar made for a great view. The boss itself was one of the more challenging bosses that TP had to offer however it still wasn't that challenging in my eyes but I loved the way the boss fight took place it was definitely one of the more epic and unique bosses the Zelda series has to offer. Plus Argorok looked epic as well, I mean what's better than I fire breathing armoured dragon in a Zelda game?

Twilight Princess is one of my least favorite games in the series. However, it ranks at the top of the list for including some of the most epic fights in the entire series, the best of which is none other than Argorok.

I agree with Spirit that battling Argorok on a floating platform was thrilling as ever. Dodging the fire-breathing dragon using the double clawshots required quick reflexes and it was quite an exhilarating experience. I must admit that the battle was also a tad more difficult, given the game's reputation and such, so yeah...

DekuPrincess

Are you serious?!?
Fighting Zant at the end of the Twilight Palace is my favorite--not only is it a hugely epic battle but I love revisiting all the boss rooms. Having to figure out new ways to attack (and avoid getting hit) every time the room changes makes the battle so much more fun than the previous bosses in the game because the fight stays exciting throughout. I also love getting freaked out as Zant becomes progressively more crazed. And the final phase of the battle outside of Castle Town--so close to all those people! I must save them!--as the sun is coming up with the flames all around and those crazy spin attacks as Zant completely loses it...AWESOME. I love it.

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
Argorok hands down, that battle is just epic in my opinion, more so during the second phase though. Just battling a draconic twilit monster in the midst of a storm, the setting and overall knight vs. dragon concept behind it made it awesome in my book, I also really liked being able to just latching onto Argorok’s back and stab away at its weak spot.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Yeah, Argorok blew me away, for all the reasons mentioned above. I just can't believe nintendo didn't catch on and make more awesome battles like this in SS. The art style wasn't that different and the battles they did put in didn't have that epic feel, nor did they have that awesome tune that playes when you start pounding a boss. You hear it when your on Argorok's back and he's falling from the sky, I love it.

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
As far as the boss's design, it'd have to be Stallord. Why? Because epicness.

As for the actual fight....Hmmm...Probably Zant because it was so interesting. The way you have to fight him on several different stages from previous battles you've experienced. The fight becomes increasingly intense and fast-paced as Zant becomes more insane. It's all quite nostalgic...

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
It has become pretty obvious Argorok is the greatest boss fight. The large set-up helped add to the intensity, and made climbing the pillars that much more epic. The difficulty and B.A-dom of the dragon made the battle intimidating and the sound track + storm make a boss fight that much higher on the awesomeness scale. Replaying the game primarily for this fight.

Lots of people complain that TP bosses were too generic gameplay-wise (sticking too closely with the formula). While I agree, they were still my favorite because they had such great presentations, they were enormous in scope, and in general the most exhilirating and memorable.

The coolest for me was always Stallord, especially the 2nd stage. Jumping around from wall to wall while riding the spinner and dodging the fireballs...gah, so epic. I loved Argorok as much as anyone here, the double clawshots were such an epic item in general (Spider Man style!), latching onto its back and hacking away at his eye...epic. Zant was just a ton of fun, and the cutscene leading up to him was tense and hilarious at the same time. Man, I love TP, it deserves more credit.

Clank

Hmm
If ganondorf doesn't count then I am going to have to say Blizzeta, as the ice element was quite interestingly used.

In all honesty I have to go with the psychopath. Zant's battle was great because I was expecting a dull,boring villain but got a insane person with a nostalgia filled battle that ends with him trying to cut you to shreds for fun.EPIC!

Keeseman

Smash is Life
WindmillIsland said:
It has become pretty obvious Argorok is the greatest boss fight. The large set-up helped add to the intensity, and made climbing the pillars that much more epic. The difficulty and B.A-dom of the dragon made the battle intimidating and the sound track + storm make a boss fight that much higher on the awesomeness scale. Replaying the game primarily for this fight.

Whaaaa...?

Yeah, it was a dragon. Yeah, it looked cool. But it was definitely not the best boss fight.

Argorok was waaaaaaaaaaaaay to predictable. I knew exactly what I had to do as soon as I walked onto that platform. There was really no "difficulty" to it. Using the clawshots was painfully obvious, and its weaknesses didn't require explaination (the tail was way to obvious). Not a good fight, IMO, as it was just too easy.

Most TP bosses were way to easy. That includes Fyrus, Morpheel, Blizzeta (I thought she was easy, anyway), Armoghoma (worst one. BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM!), Argorok, and Ganondorf. I'm not saying I didn't enjoy any of them; I quite liked the Blizzeta and Puppet Zelda battles. But they were easy and predictable, especially in relation to the equiptment necessary.

And Diababa looked kinda dumb, and was so much of a repitition of "hit the eye" bosses. Morpheel did this as well.

Zant was just unnecasarily long, but it was alright, as you had to use a variety of weaponry to defeat him.

So I'll go with Stallord, especially the first part. It had challenge to it, and required timing with the spinner. I didn't like the second half as much, though, but meh. I was also glad that it didn't reuse the same weak spot, like an eye or something. Fighting and challenge wise, Stallord was probably the best.

I also liked Puppet Zelda, as you get to fight Zelda, and it reminded me of the Ganondorf battle from OoT. And the whole battle with Ganondorf had some epic lines from Ganondorf in it, which makes it pretty awesome.

So Stallord or Ganondorf, for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom