• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Best Time Line, In My Opinion Of Course :)

JakeProtagonist

Defender of Peace
I personally believe that Lancun's Timeline makes the most sense while using logical facts of the games. What do you guys think?
[video=youtube;oI90Y6dp3-E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oI90Y6dp3-E&feature=channel_video_title[/video]

P.S. < 69th POST! ...haha, Imatureness :)

Its good,:clap: mine is actually pretty good too though:
............/WW/PH--ST
SS--OoT
............\MM--TP--MC/FS/FSA--ALttP--OoX--LA--LoZ/AoL
Only one of us is right though, lets wait to see. The only thing I can think of against it is, puting LoZ on the adult side doesen't seem natural to me^^ I'd love to see Mr.Miomoto say " How did you find that out!?! You get to see all our future ideas and help us winners".

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
05:07 - WW and TP are the only games barring direct sequels that mention a previous hero, and both make heavy mention of the Hot.
-MC talks about the Hero of Men.
-TP never mentions the Hero of Time, only a hero of the past, or a legendary hero. TP's connection to OoT is mainly just what Aonuma told us about its backstory.

11:46 - When putting a timeline theory together, you want to keep as few theories as possible and as much evidence as possible.
-I like this guy.

Yeah, it's pretty good. There were quite a few minor points that I disagreed with, and many places where I thought his argument was a little weak, though that was probably just for brevity's sake.

JakeProtagonist

Defender of Peace
05:07 - WW and TP are the only games barring direct sequels that mention a previous hero, and both make heavy mention of the Hot.
-MC talks about the Hero of Men.
-TP never mentions the Hero of Time, only a hero of the past, or a legendary hero. TP's connection to OoT is mainly just what Aonuma told us about its backstory.

11:46 - When putting a timeline theory together, you want to keep as few theories as possible and as much evidence as possible.
-I like this guy.

Yeah, it's pretty good. There were quite a few minor points that I disagreed with, and many places where I thought his argument was a little weak, though that was probably just for brevity's sake.
To be fair he Did say "Barring Direct Sequels, and Minish Cap doesnt bare a direct sequel.
But anyway Yeah, He has another 5 part timeline video which is as almost the same except for Minish Cap and Four Sword titles and its MUCh longer and explained. :)

Its good,:clap: mine is actually pretty good too though:
............/WW/PH--ST
SS--OoT
............\MM--TP--MC/FS/FSA--ALttP--OoX--LA--LoZ/AoL
Only one of us is right though, lets wait to see. The only thing I can think of against it is, puting LoZ on the adult side doesen't seem natural to me^^ I'd love to see Mr.Miomoto say " How did you find that out!?! You get to see all our future ideas and help us winners".
The reason why he did is because well if you notice LOZ and AOL's Maps it looks like Hyrules getting out of a Flood, and explains the Destroyed southern Hyrule and Why everyone lives in the Northen Hyrule, AKA The new Hyrule Link and Tetra discovered. Hope this helps :)

Last edited:
I've always liked Lancun's theories. In fact, the theory I have assumed until recently was basically his old theory. It's good to see he's changing with the times. Despite my broad agreement with his timeline, I think Lancun's theorizing faces two problems. First, in other videos you see that his reason for placing the original NES titles after the Windwaker flood are mostly based on the geography of Hyrule. I think he puts way too much weight on the geographical arguments given how inconsistent the appearance of Hyrule in various games can be. Second, I think Lancun underestimates how much more difficult it is to reasonably place the NES titles after the Windwaker flood in light of the events in Spirit Tracks. It may still be the best theory, but a lot of theoretical work would have to be done to show that the theory works and that it is preferable to placing the NES titles after ALttP.

JakeProtagonist

Defender of Peace
I've always liked Lancun's theories. In fact, the theory I have assumed until recently was basically his old theory. It's good to see he's changing with the times. Despite my broad agreement with his timeline, I think Lancun's theorizing faces two problems. First, in other videos you see that his reason for placing the original NES titles after the Windwaker flood are mostly based on the geography of Hyrule. I think he puts way too much weight on the geographical arguments given how inconsistent the appearance of Hyrule in various games can be. Second, I think Lancun underestimates how much more difficult it is to reasonably place the NES titles after the Windwaker flood in light of the events in Spirit Tracks. It may still be the best theory, but a lot of theoretical work would have to be done to show that the theory works and that it is preferable to placing the NES titles after ALttP.
This is indeed true, In fact Im more of a fan of this timeline now :)

I'm watching some of Lancun's videos right now,he knows a lot about the timelines.

He mentions True Edge whose videos you should check out as well. TrueEdge is hopelessly wrong IMO, but he's as good a linear theorist as you'll ever encounter.

Red Baron

Lucius Junius Brutus
To be fair he Did say "Barring Direct Sequels, and Minish Cap doesnt bare a direct sequel.

I think you've misinterpreted that. Barring direct sequels, not baring. They mean to say that WW and TP are the only games mentioning past heroes - except for games that are direct sequels (e.g.: MM, or AoL) and therefore by their own nature make mention of past heroics. So Minish Cap should be included (and TP doesn't bare a direct sequel anyways).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom