• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Best Star Trek Captain

Who is the Best Star Trek Captain?

• Kirk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New Kirk

• Picard

• Janeway

• Sisko

• Archer

• Total voters

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
1.) Jean-Luc Picard, Commanding Officer of the USS Enterprise (NCC-1701-D and NCC-1701-E), Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek Generations, Star Trek: First Contact, Star Trek: Insurrection, and Star Trek: Nemesis.

2.) James Tiberius Kirk, Commanding Officer of the USS Enterprise (NCC-1701 and NCC-1701-A), Star Trek: The Original Series, Star Trek: The Animated Series, Star Trek: The Motion Picture, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, Star Trek III: The Search for Spock, Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home, Star Trek V: The Final Frontier, Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country, Star Trek Generations, Star Trek, and Star Trek Into Darkness.

3.) Kathryn Janeway, Commanding Officer of the USS Voyager (NCC-74656), Star Trek: Voyager.

4.) Jonathan Archer, Commanding Officer of the USS Enterprise (NX-01), Star Trek: Enterprise.

5.) Benjamin Lafayette Sisko, Commanding Officer of Deep Space Nine and the USS Defiant (NCC-1764), Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.

6.) Christopher Pike, Commanding Officer of the USS Enterprise (NCC-1701), Star Trek: The Original Series, Star Trek, and Star Trek Into Darkness.

The Next Generation has the best case for being the best of the individual series, thanks in part to so many of the characters it had, including Picard.

You just have to give credit to Patrick Stewart to bringing that character alive. It was easy for William Shatner to get into the hearts of fans because he's the traditional hero - handsome, strong-willed, authoritative, willing to take risks, and altogether likeable. Picard is an old bald French guy with a British accent. And yet, he STILL was relate-able to the audience. He was the very image of a strong leader, but you learn later on that he does have his soft spots, such as my absolute favorite episode in all of Trek, "Tapestry" and the very close second "All Good Things" (for the love of all things good in television, watch those two episodes if you never watch any Trek again). Not too mention how deep we get into his psyche in "First Contact", which really showed that, even though he's as close to the "perfect captain" as you can get, he was still completely human.

Did Kirk ever get any of that? I think "Best of Both Worlds" and the fallout of that in "First Contact" is some of the absolute best characterization Trek has ever had. Blame it on the original series just being old, but Kirk just always seemed so one-dimensional to me. Picard just had so much more to him.

And...... you know, I can't analyze them all. That would take too long, and would bore everyone, haha. So, my personal list:

1. Picard
2. Archer
3. Sisko
4. Kirk
5. Janeway

And the new movie series doesn't cooooooooount. I love those movies, but they're just too "summer blockbuster"-ish for me to give them as much weight as the full-blooded captains who stuck it out for 3+ years.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
Picard, so sexy.

ovgyn.jpg

elliotstriforce

trollin for booty
i've heard lots of people say, "first genover next, picard over kirk"... or was it the other way around? either way they both charge crazy amounts for pictures at comicon. i kinda like this new kirk.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
The dashing captain kirk, as portayed by the Shatner, is easily the best. He daringly leads his crew across the galaxy. He is full of energy, always doing the right things, and is afraid of nothing. Picard is cool, but he can just be so old and boring. Youth triumphs this time.

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
Janeway is my favorite - she leads the crew through adversity so well, but Picard is a close second. They are really pretty much tied in my mind, at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom