• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Best Spin-off Series?

Which Spin-off series is the best?

• Pokemon Card GB series

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pokemon Pinball series

• Pokemon Puzzle series

• Hey you, Pikachu! series

• Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series

• Pokemon Ranger series

• Pokemon Rumble series

• Super Smash Bros. series

• Other

• Total voters

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Spin-offs take up the majority of the Pokemon series. Aside from the typical generation games, these games are fun and enjoyable as well. The question is, which spin-off series is the best? You've got to have a favorite when it comes to these.

Pokemon Card GB series:
Pokemon Trading Card Game
Pokemon Card GB2: Here Comes Team GR!

Pokemon Pinball series:
Pokemon Pinball
Pokemon Pinball: Ruby & Sapphire

Pokemon Puzzle series:
Pokemon Puzzle League
Pokemon Puzzle Challenge

Hey you, Pikachu! series:
Hey you, Pikachu!
Pokemon Channel
PokePark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure
PokePark 2: Wonders Beyond

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series:
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team and Blue Rescue Team
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time and Explorers of Darkness
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of the Sky
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Keep Going! Blazing Adventure Squad! Let's Go! Stormy Adventure Squad! and Go For It! Light Adventure Squad!

Pokemon Ranger Series:
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia
Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs

Pokemon Rumble series:
Pokemon Rumble
Pokemon Rumble Blast

Super Smash Bros series (included due to Pokemon stages and actual Pokemon within the game):
Super Smash Bros.
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Other Spin-offs:
Pokemon Picross
Picross NP Vol. 1
Pokemon Snap
Pokemon Dash
Pokemon Trozei!
Learn with Pokemon: Typing Adventure
Pokemon Conquest
------
Personally I really enjoyed games such as Pokemon Snap, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue Rescue Team, and Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia. I may also include Pokemon Conquest when I finally find the time to obtain the game for myself. Anyways, what's your favorite? Do you have a least favorite?

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
PokeMysteryDungeon will always be my favorite spin off...I just loved Red Rescue Team to death. My least favorite would have to be the Ranger series -- just didn't feel all too Pokemon for me.

Link8150

The 8150th Link
I might like Mystery Dungeon just as much as the main series. The story in Red/Blue Rescue Team was pretty good and the gameplay was interesting, and the story in Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky was awesome and the gameplay was just as good, although I wish they kept the Friend Areas.

Rachel

be vigitant
Pokemon Snap: Nice concept, I enjoyed this one very much.
Mystery Dungeon DS: I liked all of these, and especially liked the challenge as you progressed in the game, particularly when trying to recruit special or legendary Pokemon.
Pokemon Ranger: The idea was unique, but I didn't like the first one enough to try the others.
Pokemon Ranch: I wouldn't recommend this one, it's basically a storage system for your pokemon in Diamond, Pearl, or Platinum, and each Pokemon is locked to the specific save file it came from.
Pokemon Channel: I played this when I was quite young and enjoyed it then, but it isn't one for older players.
Super Smash Bros: Pikachu, 'nuff said.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Mystery Dungeon and SSB. I have Blue Rescue Team, and I played it for years after I got it. (Now, not so much...) And I played Super Smash Bros. Melee as Pikachu ALL the time with my sister. ^^

The PMD (Pokemon Mystery Dungeon) series are not only my favorite spin off games, but my favorite Pokemon games. Honestly, all three titles completley blew my mind and greatly surpassed my expectations as spin off games. The gameplay was swift and fluid, the dungeons did not really feel repetitive, the story was flawless and touching, the whole game was superb. In a nutshell, these games took the complaints I have about the main generation titles and completley did away with them.

Fig

The Altruist
I still recommend Pokémon Conquest to anyone who still hasn't tried it out! It's a great game and I really hope you guys will enjoy the gameplay and strategies! ^^

EeveeChan

Is FINALLY out of school!
My favorite spin-offs where the Mystery Dungeon series & the Super Smash Bros. series. In Mystery Dungeon, yout get to BE A POKEMON! That was something I was daydreaming about ever since I started playing Pokemon! Not only that, but 3/5 games I could be my favorite non-legendary pokemon: EEVEE!!! Now if only we could be pokemon in the wild in any region...

I liked SSB because u get to kick butt with the international mascot of pokemon, Pikachu! Then u got to be the ever-so-famous pichu, Jigglypuff, & Mewtwo! Then in the next game, you could even be a Kanto pokemon trainer, (who is thought to be Red from the manga) & Lucario! How cool is that?!

You-Know-Who

He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named
In hiding... waiting to kill Harry Potter....
Mystery Dungeon. I've only played the 4th gen games for DS, but I find it amazing. The exploration is epic, and the feeling of excitment and helping people never gets old. I would love some transaction between areas instead of automatically getting to that dungeon.

Ranger was nice and I would love to see better installments. And I want Conquest really badly.

masterSword2

Smile!
I'd pick either SSB or MD. both are fantastic games, and are fun to play. I picked MD because it was more of a pokemon game than SSB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom