• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Best Soundtrack

Best Soundtrack

• LOZ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zelda II

• A Link to the Past

• Link's Awakening

• Ocarina of Time

• Majora's Mask

• Oracle of Seasons

• Oracle of Ages

• Wind Waker

• Four Swords

• Four Swords Adventures

• Minish Cap

• Twighlight Princess

• Phantom Hourglass

• Spirit Tracks

• Skyward Sword

• 25th Anniversary Soundtrack

• Unsure

• Total voters

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
My vote went to TWW, because whenever I think of soundtracks in zelda, my mind always immediately thinks of it. The theme is just so catchy and smooth, and is sometimes the sole reason I ever replay the game. The feeling you get as the sun rises over the sea and it becomes so upbeat and inspiring. Love it!

TP is a close second, solely for Midna's Lament and the Twilight realm theme. Midna's Lament helped the whole situation feel so real and made me actually extremely fearful. So much so that I always forget the time in between the beginning and end of that little quest.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Quality wise, Skyward Sword's music hands down (?). Orchestrated > MIDI everytime.

But for meaning? I attribute zero meaning to SS' music because it seemed to me like mere BGM. It fit the races involved, but not the locale (imo). Eldin Volcano's music didn't seem any bit like a "volcano" to me. o_O Anyway for meaning I give it to Majora's Mask because it breathed culture which, for the good of Zelda, matched up with the locale.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Best? idk. For me, too many Zelda games have only a select few legendary tracks, with the rest being rather average. Examples include The Wind Waker, Majora's Mask and Spirit Tracks.

I find that The Minish Cap, Adventure of Link and Oracle of Ages & Seasons, among others, are guilty of being extremely limited in memorable tracks, with maybe one or two I would willingly listen to. I say that A Link to the Past, and especially Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword, have the greatest standard of their tracks, so I'm going to say those.

Big Octo

=^)
The series has always stood out for musical quality to me. If I had to pick a game with my favorite tracks and compisition, then it would be The Wind Waker. The music fits every situation it is in and can really bring out a sense of adventure to the player, especially the Great Sea theme. Many of the tunes are very memorable as well, and I often give them a good listen.

Twlilight Princess and Majora's Mask stick out to me as well. Great music.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
It's gotta be Wind Waker. The songs in that game are brilliantly put together and catchy and just absolutely gorgeous

Oh, this is a toughie. I can't decide between Ocarina's nostalgic soundtrack, Majora's awesome tracks, and Wind Waker's soothing masterpieces. I guess I'd go with Ocarina since all the notable songs are from that game, particularly my personal favorites Saria's Song, Song of Storm, and GERUDO VALLEY. Gerudo Valley alone could possibly be my favorite sound track ever. That and the Temple theme from Adventures of Link.

This one was tricky for me. Quality-wise, Skyward Sword, but when I played Spirit Tracks with headphones, I was blown away by how clear and beautiful the sound was. For nostalgia, probably TWW, closely followed by Ocarina of Time. But I think I'll have go with ST on this one. There were many times when I'd just stop and stand there, just listening to the music. Sure, there weren't quite as many tracks as I'd have hoped, but the ones that did exist were breathtaking.
Call me biased, maybe I am. But I'll bet you didn't wear high-quality headphones last time you played ST.

CraptainFalcon

Bored to death
Skyward Sword's. It has a remarkable amount of diversity in tones while never straying from a specific style that fits the game, and an extra layer of depth was added onto the otherwise simplistic soundtracks of the past, making the music more robust and atmospheric while keeping the timeless memorability. It's pure pleasure to listen to.

Nope, the game's mediocre soundtrack sucked balls.

onebizarrekai

gay energy
Wind Waker. It's practically a fact that it had the best soundtrack.

If you didn't say it, then you either haven't played it, have a different opinion on good music or you said Spirit Tracks.

Wind Waker, Skyward Sword, and Spirit Tracks are definitely top tier Zelda soundtracks.

SS receives an extra little pat on the head for having friggin' awesome cutscene music. Go listen to Gate of Time, Present at Peace, and Crimson Loftwing on Youtube now. I find it mildly amusing that some people claim the soundtrack is disappointing. It's somewhat understandable since you're stuck with the ambient main area themes, but the secondary areas like Lake Floria are beautiful yet you spend like 10 minutes there.

It's disappointing in the sense that you don't actually get to hear the dozens of brilliant tracks because they're gone within minutes.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom