• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Best Skulltulas in the Series?

Tin Skulltula

Tin Skulltula
Which variant of everyone's favorite cuddly eight leggers in Zelda are your favorite?

Twilight Princess all the way.
TP_Skulltula_1.png

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I'm not sure. I'm tempted to say TPs, but OoT/MM Skulltulas have a strange nostalgia value for me.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Skyward Sword's Skulltulas admittedly are the best in my opinion. Their design is a bit of a let down, but their near impenetrable defense is such a good thing! The fact that they force you to stab at them to defeat them (spiders in real life aren't easy to crush as they're quick, but this is a fantasy game) or flip them over to crush 'em is a good thing on their part. I actually liked flipping them over from time to time ;)

Skulltula.png

Igos du Ikana

Maldorok
SS's are good in the strategy and puzzle sense, but when it takes you 30 minutes just to figure out what to do there's a problem.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
None. Hate is a strong, dirty word but it applies in this case. I HATE Spiders!!!

Ever since those lil buggars showed up in OoT I have loathed and despised those critters and they've only gotten nastier! I do not suffer a spider to live. THEY MUST ALL BE DESTROYED!!

Taste tempered steel you eight legged creepers!

Tin Skulltula

Tin Skulltula
SS had my whacking the same Big Skulltula in the head over and over again in Skyview Temple.

None. Hate is a strong, dirty word but it applies in this case. I HATE Spiders!!!

Ever since those lil buggars showed up in OoT I have loathed and despised those critters and they've only gotten nastier! I do not suffer a spider to live. THEY MUST ALL BE DESTROYED!!

Taste tempered steel you eight legged creepers!

I'm highly arachnophobic. I think the reason I dig Skulltulas so much is bc they're the only spiders I can summon up enough courage to crush. And, oh boy, do I love crushing them.

Absolutely Ocarina of Time's Skulltula variations. I'll concede that Skyward Sword added an extra layer of strategy to Skulltula combat, however, Ocarina of Time featured the greatest variety of enemy Skulltula-Skulltula, big Skulltula, Skullwalltula-as well as one type-the Gold Skulltula-which served larger story purposes. The Skulltula House in Kakariko Village served as a somber juxtaposition to the area's festivities and lazy, happy-go-lucky music. Majora's Mask comes in a close second with its differing, increasingly tactile take on Skulltula houses and the same variations as its N64 predecessor sans the Big Skulltula.

I would say Skyward Sword's but that jerk with the purple butt pissed me off when I couldn't figure out how to kill him and then when I did I couldn't get Link to thrust. Thrusting is the only mechanic I've ever had real trouble with in Skyward Sword so of course I would have to thrust very precisely to kill them. Therefore Ocarina of Time's Skultulas get my vote.

OoT/MM, only because I am arachnophobic and the ones in TP and SS, when on the ground, move way to much like real spiders and IT FREAKS ME OUT. In OoT they never did anything but spin around or shuffle around in one spot pretty much. As far as best design without my 'icky' factor setting in, probably SS. Maybe TP, it's been a while but they seemed fairly realistic. Realistic as for how I'd expect a giant spider to be in real life if one existed.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
I definitely prefer the OoT/MM Skulltulas because of all the variations and the designs of the Skulltulas. Not only that, but OoT/MM have sidequests pertaining exclusively to Skulltulas, all of which are quite rewarding. Bigger wallets for killing golden spiders? Count me in.

OoT is my personal favorite because you had the family that was cursed which was not only pretty creepy and odd, the regular skulltulas look like human skulls.

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
I'm not sure. I'm tempted to say TPs, but OoT/MM Skulltulas have a strange nostalgia value for me.
I am in this same boat :lol:

But I do like the design of ALL the spider-like enemies in TP MUCH MUICH more. I LOVE armogohma. She's so pretty :puppy:
(and awesome-looking!!)

And I must say, I love spiders x3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom