• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Best Opening to a Zelda Game

GerudoDesert

I love being gay.
Mehh. Skyward Sword took WAY too long. I was almost asleep when I finally began the real adventure. All the other games seemed to really not take so long. I enjoyed Majora's Mask. Kept me on the edge of my seat.

MW7

My favorite opening to a Zelda game by a mile is in Legend of Zelda because there is no opening. I hate hand holding in Zelda games with a passion. Too bad for me that all the games are made to be beginner friendly and plot-based now because I'm not a beginner and if I want to care about a story I'll watch a movie or read a book. I play video games to do something with control and not be a passive observer.

My least favorite was Twilight Princess' because it was long and the whole thing with having to catch 2 fish was really unintuitive and made no sense.

Last edited:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Easy. Skyward Sword's. It starts out all ominous and introduces the mysterious Imprisoned to us in a dream (without us knowing it's a dream), then it goes to Link and Zelda's Loftwings with gorgeous music. By far the most amazing intro to Zelda ever.

Skyward Sword's was one of the best in recent memory and felt like a throwback to Ocarina of Time with a dream but honestly the best opening was in Majora's Mask. Being assaulted by the skull Kid and having Epona stolen from the get go was so exhilarating, it truly lay the foundation for the rest of the nightmare that was to unfold in Termina...

Spirit Tracks was another memorable one seeing the Demon Train appear and Cole blasting away and killing Zelda! And then there is always the dynamic character of Byrne. ^^

I also greatly enjoyed the beginning of Twilight Princess. Though fairly slow, the whole Bokoblin king affair made up for it.

My final opening rankings are

1. Majora's Mask
2. Ocarina of Time
3. Skyward Sword
4. Spirit Tracks
5. Twilight Princess

Last edited:
Majora's Mask has the best opening, in my opinion! But I also have fond memories of starting up Wind Waker. Skyward Sword's opening is probably my least favourite so far because it was so dang long and I'm incredibly impatient. But the slow opening for Skyward Sword atleast got me even more hyped up for the action. But then I was immediately let down cause then I had to search for Kikwis! And then I slowly found out that the game is full of even more tedious fetch quests. But I digress, because I actually really love the game and I need to shut up. -.-

L

Lozzykins

Majora's Mask has the best opening in my opinion, closely followed by ALttP.

1. MM
2. OoT
3. ALttP

Especially the first two, those games had all the best in cinematic effects but weren't a gazillion hours long. Now I LOVE SS and I liked the beginning a lot and it helped set the story up, but it felt like a movie more then a game there for a bit. In MM especially you get a short, and very intriguing cut scene, then your thrown right in the action chasing the Skull Kid down.

As much as I love Skyward sword.. it started a little.. well Sleepily (lol) but I really Liked TP... It explained the title and gave us a mission straight off. The graphics in that game are perfect for the title/story as well

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
I'm not sure if you are talking about the just opening cinematic or if you are talking about the opening cinematic and the first little bit of the game. I'm assuming that you are talking about the intro and the first little bit of gameplay and I would have to say Majora's Mask. You get thrown right into a mysterious and dark adventure that takes a turn for the worst in an instant. The game leaves you with so many questions and you just want to keep playing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom