• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Classic Best NES Zelda

dazzsheil

All Hail Shadow
Whats the best NES Zelda,the Original LoZ Or the much more challenging Zelda II? Its a debate that's been going on since Zelda II Came out nearly 25 years ago,i personally prefer Zelda II,its gameplay was tighter and it would stay in your NES For a long time,for obvious reasons but still,whats your favorite?

Okay, so my favorite NES Zelda game is easily Zelda 1. I mean, it started the series, and showed what most of the 2d games would be like. It also introduced many of the common weapons that we see throughout the series, such as the bow, bombs, and the boomerang.

OcarinalinkLOZ

Your Link to the Past
Hyrule in the winter, Canada in the summer
I definatly have to go for Zelda I. It was very challengeing and provided endless hours of adventure and fun. It is just one of those games you could spend an entire month on without even noticing the time fly by. It can even be played in a multiplayer fashion of sorts where each time one person dies playing as Link, you pass the controller to the next friend in the room. Zelda II was a great game, but it was very frustrating and it is one I always played alone. You couldn't just let a friend pick up Zelda II and play half way through the game or they would be mince meat! So, due to the extreme fun of the first game and how great it was to play, Zelda I is my favourite NES Zelda game.

KaeporaGaebora

TheOwlSage
It is a hard choice, but I'd have to pick Zelda II because it gives that western style RPG in a Zelda game I've been looking for. Zelda 1 was harder to me growing up. (Yes, I played both when I was younger) The Palace Theme from Zelda II will always be close to my heart as one of my favorite Zelda songs. If anything both are really great games, and very underloved. I only wish they had more exposure when they first came to North America.

When I first played LOZ it was the only zelda game that existed.. I loved that game a lot... when the second game came out I was disappointed in it.. Over the years I have learned to enjoy it for what it is.. but the first is still the better of the two by a large margin.

AustinFox33

The Last Kilgannon
It was harder, but I definitley had more fun beating Zelda II. Better combat and gameplay, a magic system, more detailed over-world, more tightly woven story, and just over all a better game.

I think LoZ is quite a bit better than Zelda II. I find it hard to identify flaws in LoZ because I feel it is the best possible Zelda game they could have made with the technology they had. It has a lot of the items that became mainstays of the Zelda inventory, more varied combat and some in depth dungeons. I dislike the lack of items in AoL, although it probably has the best magic in the series, which is understandable as magic basically replaced items. I also disliked the lack of dungeon maps in Zelda II, which makes exploring dungeons feel a lot like guesswork. Finally, I think AoL punishes players who aren't that good at the game (like me!) far too much, for example you lose all your experience points when you get a game over, meaning if there is one place where you keep getting stuck you have no real choice but to level grind.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I rather dislike a bit more of the attributes in Adventure of Link over the original Legend of Zelda (the setup of the overworld, returning back to the very beginning once you die, the first Temple almost impossible to pass, etc.).

Thus I strongly prefer Zelda I. The overworld was very fun to explore--a massive labyrinth seemingly filled with a puzzle in each new section. It's enemies, while some hard to destroy, contributed strongly to the challenge, making it intriguing and enjoyable. Altogether it can be quite frustrating, but later on you feel the need to finish what you started, as in getting to a new Dungeon or even beating a Boss to get the Triforce shard there. It makes the game all the more worthwhile to play and hopefully beat.

T

Toast

I'm more of a fan of Adventure of Link. The game poses a challenge unlike every other Zelda. While most other Zelda games challenge your thinking ability, Adventure of Link challenges you in a way a walkthrough can't help you with. It's a game you have to actually get good at compared to the other titles.

Don't get me wrong, I've beaten every Zelda game released and I love the original just as much as the next guy. It's a fantastic title compared to many other Zelda games. The lack of 8-way movement puts an unusual amount of difficulty to the title. It's a definite classic.

TheMinish

Hero of the Skies
I much rather the Nintendo Famicom port of the Minish Cap........yeah, no thanks

I love the original Legend of Zelda and am beginning to dislike the Adventure of Link because modern games have tricked me into thinking every game is easy......

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
My favorite NES Zelda is: the Minish Cap (NES)

[video=youtube;EQiAsywqfs4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQiAsywqfs4[/video]

No I'm just kidding my favorite is the original Zelda because I find to be a fun game that started the series off near perfectly. Now by saying this I'm not saying I dislike Zelda 2 but that I just dont like it as much as Zelda 1

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I really dislike Zelda II so I favor Zelda I. I've never beaten it but now that I have it on my 3DS from Ambassador Games then I should be able to play it more.

Clash

Super Melee Brawler
@#$% Zelda II!

Okay, maybe that was a bit bold. I love Zelda II. I feel that it improved upon the series in countless ways. Yet...

...It is so freaking hard! I haven't even got past Death Mountain yet, mainly because I have to get all the way back from the castle every time I die.

I like Zelda I better though, partly because it is much easier (but still a bit difficult), and partly because it has one thing that Zelda II lacks: items.

Zelda 1. It was a more refined Zelda than Zelda 2. Zelda 2 was extremely fun. Zelda 1 was better even though it was extremely easy to sequence break. Zelda 1 got interesting follow ups like BS Zelda and Zelda Outlands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom