• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Best Music in the Series?

GanonSlayr

Vermin Supreme 2012!!!
I have played no more than forty minutes of Skyward Sword. You may say it is a crime, but I got it today, and I had to study for a math test. Already,I can say it has, in my opinion, the best soundtrack in the series. I have played a lot of zelda games but even after all of those, it has the most heartwarming and beautiful soundtrack in the entire series. Ballad of the Goddess just melts my heart :cry: ( zelda has a voice that for no apparent reason reminds me of Miku Hatsune):thinking:, and the flute/random instrument that sounds like one after the opening cinematic(with the evil coming up from the fissure) is beautiful. Does it have your favorite soundtrack? Why, why not?

KnowItAllBird

Hero of Time
I dont know if the actual music is my favorite, but I definately agree that it sounds the best. However, I love Ghirahim's theme!

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
i think that it has an amazing soundtrack. I like the sound the best as well as the actual music. The orchestration sounds amazing and the songs make a great new soundtrack.

Kappa

Black Cat Royalty
I'm just going to put this all in a spoiler tag, way too many for me to count out. :sweat:

While I do enjoy the music from SS (and most definitely the CD!) I am still on a turning point. I think the orchestra is grand and the music in Faron Woods and Skyview Temple is lovely, and I like the liveliness of Skyloft and its upbeat music (well, during the day, at least), and it makes me think of a combo between Windfall and Outset. But while I love it all so much, I still love Wind Waker's music. (And I think Nintendo agreed with me...the longest song on the CD is 10 min and its FULL of WW music) There's so much vibrance to it, and the theme of Dragon Roost is exceptional. I think right now I'm still on my own little mental balance scale. I don't think its fair to either game to give a new favorite right away when you don't really know much about the game (and this stands to prove as my favorite place in WW was Ganon's Castle).

?

/\<^

Yes almost instatly I noticed the music. Flows with the game makes it seem all the more genuine. Haven't beatin it yet so haven't sampled it all out but, I do say this LTTP has some of the most iconic sounds. And lets not forget OoT say Zelda's lullaby... Probably some of the greatest notes ever played. But defenetly 25th anniversary good C:

TheMinish

Hero of the Skies
The Sky Theme................WOW. It may not be the best soundtrack...but that is the greatest Zelda overworld theme ever.

Skyloftian

Skyloft's Artist
I am SO in love with the Skyward Sword soundtrack! I think it adds so much to the atmosphere of each area. It sort of reminds me of the soundtrack of a Miyazaki movie, which is always a good thing. The music isn't as catchy as it has been in other games, but I have yet to find any of the music repetitive or annoying. So, yes- I believe it does have the best soundtrack in the series.

Anubis

The most inactive active
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword do have an amazing soundtrack, though, nothing will ever compare to The Wind Waker's soundtrack.
I prefer Oracle of Seasons/Ages before Skyward Sword, and Ocarina of Time is in my opinion better than Skyward Sword's sountrack.
Spirit Tracks also comes before Skyward Sword mainly because of the 'flute-y' flute. (Can't remember the name of the original instrument. :p)
Though, the Ballad of the Goddess is one of the best Zelda songs ever.

M

missdeep

Such an awesome soundtrack! It really pulls me in to the game. Haha... I played 12 hours straight on release date and I just walk around around with the SS soundtrack in my head ^_^

thereasonbeing

The Floor is Lava
So i've been playing a LOT of SS since release and this definitely stands out as a favorite, Lanayru Sand Sea's music as you ride the boat. The combination of this music and the beautiful aesthetics of the ocean pool around the boat and the vast desert all around, ahh man. Its just breathtaking. There is so much music in this game, i'm willing to bet it has the most music out of any Zelda game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SzHK-QX3Yw

I think it has the best soundtrack in the series. I have spent the last 2 weeks constantly listening to the soundtrack, paticuarly Fi's theme..... It is beyond words just how beautiful the music is in this game. <3

Maffiline

nirorlei
I really love the soundtrack for SS, but it's really hard to choose between SS and WW soundtrack.
I can play a couple themes from Zelda in general, one of them being the "romance" theme in SS, at the beginning when you talk to Zelda and her father and she has no faith in you.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Skyward Sword easily has the best average soundtrack, but lacks many memorable themes that meet the standards of LTTP's Dark World, OOT's Lost Woods, WW's Dragon Roost Island etc.
Just my opinion, though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom