• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Best Movies Nobody Has Ever Heard Of

Djinn

and Tonic
Everyone has a few movies that they loved but are so obscure that they might as well be the only one that had seen it. Either they never made any money in their day or they were just very small releases that fell through the cracks but they were still great. So what was a movie that you loved but no one else has ever seen it? Why did you like it? Would you suggest it to anyone else?

For me I would start with a movie called Eric the Viking. It's a very obscure movie from the mid 80's or so about a Viking attempting to end Ragnarok. The humor is really dry at point but it has a few guys from Monty Python in it as well. I thought this movie was great but it was fairly wacky at points so I don't even think the trailer sells it well at all.
[video=youtube;8rft9QtIFks]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=8rft9QtIFks[/video]

Tucker & Dale Vs Evil
At a first glance, this just really seemed like something I would not like at all. The cover, the synopsis, everything. But the trailer sold it, I had to watch this and I thought it was great. This was definitely one of my favorites after watching. Only problem is that everyone else thought it was just another generic crazy guy in the woods horror movie too so they never saw it either.
[video=youtube;qdHs3svmMVA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdHs3svmMVA&feature=player_embedded[/video]

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Well, there's one movie that me and my friends find hilarious which is just so weird and obscure that most people here haven't even heard of it. It's called "Äppelkriget" ("The Apple War") which is about this small village in southern Sweden where a family consisting of various supernatural people decides to fight against a German businessman's intention to turn the village and its surrounding area into a theme park ("Deuchneyland"). It's a very weird, but hilarious Swedish movie from the early 70's.

Here's one of the many scenes that I find absolutely hilarious. The people watching TV intends to do something about the live debate taking place in the capital, concerning their village, the woman (who's kind of like a witch) manages to do so by throwing a shoe out the window - behold the most random chain of events to take place in a movie - ever:
[video=youtube;UJ3k2tOZ1WE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJ3k2tOZ1WE[/video]

To help explain, here's the chain:
Shoe out the window => Cat starts running => Dog chases cat
Dog chases cat through tent => Woman is revealed to be cheating
Nosy town ladies informs husband => Husband faints against a loose board
Nail in the board punctures tire=> Camera man late for work => Director takes over
Director messes up => Actor drinks too much beer => Actor needs to pee
Actor struggles with balloons tied to his pants => Man with an umbrella and a bag of spirits helps => Ballons fly off with umbrella and spirits
Spirits smash against roof of a bath house => Spirits end up in janitor's bucket
Janitor greets coworker => Buckets are exchanged => Coworker pours out bucket's content in the steam room
Politician from TV is in the steam room => inhales the alcoholic steam => Gets drunk as a skunk => Makes complete fool of himself back on the TV

Conor

the over analysing guy
I watched this weird Korean film once, It was called "The Recycle" or something similar, and the whole concept was that there was this dimension where everything that is lost ends up. So there's lost dogs and all sorts of stuff wandering about.

There's this one part with a cave full of fetuses that were aborted. Spooky Stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom