• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Best Movie of 2011

MW7

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2 was the only movie I loved this year. For me it's up there with Return of the Jedi and Return of the King in terms of epic conclusions to terrific planned series of films.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
2011 was the Year of Movies. So many great titles that came out, and I watch pretty much all of them. Now, looking back, I want to see them again.

Pirates of the Caribbean: Fountain of Youth - Lived up well enough to the standards of the past threes segments of this marvelous saga and set itself up for yet another addition. Definitely hope to see a fifth one developed. :yes:

Thor - This...is my favorite superhero movie to date (made by Marvel at least--I'm certain nothing can move ahead of the new Batman trilogy). It is truly awe-inspiring how the protagonist, Thor, goes from being a brash, self-aggrandizing glorymonger into the compassionate warrior of Asgard, all due to the glimpse of a different world...and love. The deception throughout wasn't very clear the first time, but a second watch-through revealed many subtleties.

Captain America - Yet another epic cinematic creation. Great story and movement into what will be the Avengers.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 - An epic representation of what an ultimate showdown should look like. Light and shadow clash; one is the victorious while the other is vanquished.

Transformers: Dark of the Moon - Last but definitely not least... This was permeated with explosive action nearly all the way through, besides all the honest superfluous junk which would've made the movie just as badawesome without it. Finally seeing the intent of everything behind the scenes is just what this stupendous finale needed to culminate the struggle between the Autobots and Decepticons, and still it might have left room for a fourth.

As for now I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of The Dark Knight Rises and The Hobbit Part 1.

My top 5 are as follows:

1. Super 8

This had one of the best stories I have seen in a movie in a long time, which is telling people that anybody can overcome hardships. Lots of action and humor, my favorite movie of 2011.

2. Moneyball

I always love movies based on a true story, mostly because they are quite moving and are (obviously) realistic. I really like baseball, too, so this movie had the best of both worlds.

3. Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol

A great fourth movie to one of my favorite series of all time. Again, lots of action and humor, also with very high replay value (I saw it 3 times, each time catching something I missed the time before).

4. Contagion

I'm not sure why I liked this movie so much, but one thing is for sure: It had an all-star cast (Matt Damon, Jude Law, and Gwyneth Paltrow, to name a few). Again, I liked it merely because it was a great movie.

5. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2

Of course this has a spot on my list. It's "The Conclusion to the Worldwide Phenomenon". I haven't read the books, so I found out for the first time what really happens.

I couldn't just tell you my favorite movie because I've wanted to tell someone all of this for a very long time. (Thank you, ZD!)

EDIT: I'm nearly positive The Dark Knight Rises will be number 1 on this list for 2012. There's probably just nothing else out there that can even come close to it.

P

PokeOakly96

I'm not much of a movie person myself. Infact the only movies I did see last year in theaters were Pirates 4, Harry Potter 7.5, and the Muppets. Harry Potter was the best movie of the year hands down, imao... although I've heard good things about the new Mission Impossible.

I'd probably say Super 8.
That movie gave me nostalgic flashbacks of the days me and my friends made crappy little short films.
It made me think of the film maker in all of us, which is what I think it was ultimately trying to achieve.

Second favorite would probably be Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2.
'Cause you know, it's Harry Potter, and such. ^^

Horrible Bosses. Effing hilarious; the casting was perfect. That was honestly one of the best comedies I've seen in a very long time. I didn't really like any of the other movies in 2011. I almost want to say I liked Captain America, but that would be a lie. I didn't get to see Moneyball or The Sitter, but they looked pretty cool. I saw the new Harry Potter and thought "Meh." I saw the new Transformers and thought "Die Michael Bay, die." I didn't see the new Pirates of the Caribbean because I hate Johnny Depp, Jerry Buckheimer, Orlando Bloom, and pirates. So, yeah, Horrible Bosses is the only viable option.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 was IMO the best movie of 2011 only because I have so much nostalgia for it. I've never been more sad at the end of a movie in my life. I read all the books and have watched all the movies. My childhood rests with Harry Potter. Now that its over, so is my childhood it seems :(. I'm not sure I'll be able to watch the Women In Black because I will always remember Daniel Radcliffe as Harry Potter. Seeing him in another movie might just make me go over the edge with tears lol.

Other great titles that came out in 2011 are as follows:

- The Hangover Part 2
- Transofrmers 3: Dark of the Moon (I never understood why this movie and the series gets so much hate. Shia LaBeouf is a fantastic acter, although that can't be said for Rosie Hunttington for this movie.)
- Avatar (I'm not sure if this came out in 2011 or not. Time slips by me so fast these days.)
- The Devil Inside Me (Technically not 2011, although its pretty close. GREAT horror movie.)
- I Am Number Four (The beggining was slow for me but I thought it had a strong ending. Not to mention that Teresa Palmer is 43252352/10 for me. I love her.)

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
2011 was the Year of Movies. So many great titles that came out, and I watch pretty much all of them. Now, looking back, I want to see them again.

Pirates of the Caribbean: Fountain of Youth - Lived up well enough to the standards of the past threes segments of this marvelous saga and set itself up for yet another addition. Definitely hope to see a fifth one developed. :yes:

Thor - This...is my favorite superhero movie to date (made by Marvel at least--I'm certain nothing can move ahead of the new Batman trilogy). It is truly awe-inspiring how the protagonist, Thor, goes from being a brash, self-aggrandizing glorymonger into the compassionate warrior of Asgard, all due to the glimpse of a different world...and love. The deception throughout wasn't very clear the first time, but a second watch-through revealed many subtleties.

Captain America - Yet another epic cinematic creation. Great story and movement into what will be the Avengers.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 - An epic representation of what an ultimate showdown should look like. Light and shadow clash; one is the victorious while the other is vanquished.

Transformers: Dark of the Moon - Last but definitely not least... This was permeated with explosive action nearly all the way through, besides all the honest superfluous junk which would've made the movie just as badawesome without it. Finally seeing the intent of everything behind the scenes is just what this stupendous finale needed to culminate the struggle between the Autobots and Decepticons, and still it might have left room for a fourth.

As for now I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of The Dark Knight Rises and The Hobbit Part 1.

I agree with you 100% But I am also awaiting the Avengers!

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
In 2011 huh. Yeah I would probably have to go with the last Harry Potter movie. I liked the newest Pirates of the Carribbean as well.

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
I agree with Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows part 2 for sure! Being a super Potterhead, I went and saw it at the midnight premiere (dressed as Bellatrix) and it was AMAZING. my favorite Potter film for sure!

I also really loved 50/50, that was such a good movie. I went and saw it as soon as it came out, and so far is one of the only movies that makes me laugh and cry. It was just really good- acting was amazing (although I do have a thing for Joseph Gordon Levitt- yum.) and it was just eally, really funny. It's a good one.

Captain America was great, too. I'm SOOOO excited for the Avengers! I didn't see Thor though, so I gotta do that.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom