• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Best Master Sword 'get scene'

Link has pulled the sword from the stone a fair few times now, most of them have been awesome but which is your favourite?

Is it A Link to the Past, Wind Waker??

Do you prefer it in Ocarina of Time or is Twilight Princess your favourite and why?

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Probably just because it being my first time seeing it, Ocarina of Time. :) I remember when doing it, and then the whole mess of **** happening afterwards, it was great! Pretty iconic, and I loved it.

Sutittaja

Freezing chill
Propably Twilight Princess, since it was amazing to watch divine light of Master sword dispelling wolf form that Link was forced into. It was also my first scene of pulling Master sword, so it is my most memorable scene in the game.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Link has pulled the sword from the stone a fair few times now, most of them have been awesome but which is your favourite?

Is it A Link to the Past, Wind Waker??

Do you prefer it in Ocarina of Time or is Twilight Princess your favourite and why?

OOT, the whole scene where link pulls it and then you see that it has allowed Ganondorf into the sacred realm, its an 'oh ****' moment. All the others the sword pulling is just a 'Yay I got the master sword' moment, but in OOT it means something a bit different.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Twilight Princess definitely. The whole story leading up to it, with Zant cursing Link and injuring Midna to near death. Then you have the whole Midna's Lament portion with that incredibly moving track in the background as you carry Midna into the Sacred Really and pull the Master Sword from pedestal saving both yourself and Midna in the process. I guess it just has more meaning and desperation behind it than in other games.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Always for me it was ALTTPs sword pull, just for the simple fact it was an 8 bit game but you felt so much emotion from that one act.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
I'll say TP's Master Sword cutscene, because there's a lot of buildup to that moment, with Zant cursing Link and bringing Midna close to death, to meeting with Zelda (not to mention the soundtrack during this section). The cutscene itself is also quite memorable, with the curse on Link breaking in the middle, and even better, Midna is there watching everything unfold right before her eyes!

I have to give honourable mention to OoT's Master Sword cutscene also, not just because of nostalgia, but also because of the guilt you feel afterwards. Well done, Link, you've just unknowingly helped Ganondorf take over Hyrule. Also, adult Link is pretty awesome. Overall, a very memorable cutscene.

Last edited:

Iridescence

Emancipated Wind Fish
ALTTP - the very first one, u can feel the power and energy from it. immediately conquering darkness.
OOT - big empty dedicated room with the spotlight beneath you and the music
TWW - link pulls it kind of fast, but the atmosphere with the black-and-white room and the guard statues are great.
TP - the game gives the scene special attention but it starts to feel like a rehash at that point
SS - probably the dullest scene, but the cutscenes where the fires of din, naryu and faroe temper the sword are really nice

D

Deleted member 81859

Twilight Princess was my first, so that's my favorite. The most iconic one to me has to be ALTP.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
Twilight Princess. I love the fanfare that is played as Link is swinging it for the first time. Also the build up from before you get the sword. :wynaut:

Mange

Bitte benutzen Sie Google Übersetzer
I would say OoT. The music during puting out the sword is such nostalgic :)

OOT, mainly because of the massive "Nice job breaking it, Hero" that occurred from it. It wasn't just a triumphant pulling of the sword, it was the event that started the story in earnest.

I say that considering that I enjoy Wind Waker and Twilight Princess more overall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom