• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Best Helper in Zelda Series

Who's the Best Supporting Character in the Zelda Series?

• Midna

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Navi

• Ceila

• Moosh/Dimitri/Rickey

• Linebeck

• Epona

• Ezlo

• King of Red Lions

• Ghost Zelda

• Total voters

SuperGanondorf

Ballos's Minion
Linebeck was by far the best. Though PH was very lackluster by Zelda standards, Linebeck certainly stood out as the most awesome character in the game. I choose him. Every supporting character is awesome, but Linebeck is by far the best.

germ1137

Lokomo Ninja
Whoops!

I just noticed that I forgot Tatl in the poll. Sorry about that! Tell you what, if you want to vote for Tatl, just put in a poll for Navi and reply that you were voting for Tatl.

C

CannibalPieChan

All animosity aside, I have to say Navi is the best helper. It's true that all she does is point things out, but that's helpful sometimes. Like on your first time playing OoT, what if you couldn't figure out what the numbers on your screen meant? She also helps a lot with enemies by giving hints on what to do with them. So even though she's annoying, she still has some use to novice gamers.
Midna is a close second. She doesn't help with enemies (except in wolf form), but she does help with jumps and such. She's much more reluctant to help Link, as if she's teasing him for his stupidity rather than actually helping him. That's why I didn't vote for her. Not to say she isn't helpful....

Sahasrala, Ulrira, and both of the owl characters you mentioned aren't supporting characters. They're just NPCs.

what defines a helper? Ulrira gave just as much advice as king of red lions? And the LA owl appeared like everytime you did something and told you what to do next, quite helperish if you ask me. Keapora Geabora was maybe not a helper in MM, but as Child link OOT he gave you (useless) information about almost everywhere you went.

They don't even have much to do with the plot.
neither does Navi or Epona, just sayin'

I see the majority of people voted for Midna, but I voted for Moosh/Dimitri/Rickey.

The reason why I chose them was because they were actually helpful.

I haven't played Twilight Princess yet, so i don't know how helpful Midna is.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
Between Midna and Navi...Midna. Midna can teleport u to one place to another. And she let u jump from here to there. U can turn into a beast anytime u want. She will give any advice when it's needed.

Nicole

luke is my wife
Out of all those, I will go with Midna, for some of the reasons Linknerd specified ^ above me.

For one thing, Midna lends you her power when needed. This includes the power to teleport, which is very useful in a large overworld; the ability to increase Wolf Link's range to leap; and the dark field necessary for battles with the Twilit Messangers. Being a member of the Twili, she can also pull Link into the Curtain of Twilight.

People may say that if it hadn't been for Midna,
Link never would have had to leave Ordon Village to save his friends and defeat Zant. I don't agree, seeing as Zant was controlled by Ganondorf, and Midna had absolutely nothing to do with Ganondorf. He would have found someone to control, even if Zant hadn't been an option.

Because of this, you can't blame Midna for what happened to Link in Twilight Princess. Another arguement might have been that she dragged Link all around Hyrule to find the Fused Shadows and the Mirror of Twilight. Maybe she did, but Link needed those things anyway. And it would've taken Link longer to find the Shadows and MoT (if at all) by himself than it did with Midna "ordering him around."

Hopefully you were able to understand what I meant.... >.>

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
Out of all those, I will go with Midna, for some of the reasons Linknerd specified ^ above me.

For one thing, Midna lends you her power when needed. This includes the power to teleport, which is very useful in a large overworld; the ability to increase Wolf Link's range to leap; and the dark field necessary for battles with the Twilit Messangers. Being a member of the Twili, she can also pull Link into the Curtain of Twilight.

People may say that if it hadn't been for Midna,
Link never would have had to leave Ordon Village to save his friends and defeat Zant. I don't agree, seeing as Zant was controlled by Ganondorf, and Midna had absolutely nothing to do with Ganondorf. He would have found someone to control, even if Zant hadn't been an option.

Because of this, you can't blame Midna for what happened to Link in Twilight Princess. Another arguement might have been that she dragged Link all around Hyrule to find the Fused Shadows and the Mirror of Twilight. Maybe she did, but Link needed those things anyway. And it would've taken Link longer to find the Shadows and MoT (if at all) by himself than it did with Midna "ordering him around."

Hopefully you were able to understand what I meant.... >.>
I do understand what you've meant. All of those things r true.

M

Mikau38

Navi is the most epic Zelda character ever. aside from link of course. On the other hand, i loath Tatl with every fiber of my being. mostly cuz when i beat OoT,
.:.SPOILER.:.
and Navi left
.:.SPOILER.:.
i want straight to Majora's Mask and they just replaced Navi. Also, Tatl is sort of a prick.
Navi:
Dodongo: Watch out for its fiery breath! Use Z Targeting techniques!

Tatl:
What?! Don't you know about the Dodongo? It moves slowly, so you can circle around to its backside. Got that?

Last edited by a moderator:

germ1137

Lokomo Ninja
Come on it was Linebeck! He was hilarious and not much help at all, pretty much perfect for me.

I completely agree. Linebeck was so self-centered and obnoxious in the begining that it came as a suprise in the end how he changed. The way he
stood up to Bellum when Link and Tetra were in danger
and at the end when he
wished for his ship back instead of treasure
really gave you a brand new outlook on the wimpy man of the sea. But I've also noticed that his grandson in Spirit Tracks has had no change attitude-wise. Still, he is pretty awsome. WE LOVE YOU, LINEBECK!!!!!
Linebeck.jpg

TopherD05

Hyrulian Knight
I would have to go with Midna myself. I loved her as a side kick character and they really helped to develop her as a character in Twilight Princess. Also i thought the teleporting was pretty damn sweet to do and just the fact that she could teleport pieces of a bridge was cool as well.

SheikahSoul

Decadence
There were many great helpers but my personal fav is Princess Zelda, but that is also cause she's my most favorite character in Loz. But then again, I really enjoyed her company in ST.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom