• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Best Ganon Battle

Fav Ganon Battle?

• LoZ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ALttP

• OoT

• OoX

• TWW

• FSA

• TP

• Total voters

AnimeHat

Humming Swordsman
In the Wind Waker battle, it was neccesary to have quick wits as well as quick thumbs. Everything about that battle was fast-paced. You could easily be caught off gaurd by Ganon's attacks. Not to mention the epic finishing blow!

ZeldaFAYZ6251

Twilight Princess Lover
TP Ganon fights (all the stages) were FANTASTIC! They had great music built for every fight. Who thought you would have to fight Zelda? I was shocked when I had to battle her, even if it was Ganondorf. Then beast to beast combat I thought that was amazing. Next, horseback, it wasn't very easy the first time :(. Once I got the hang of it, it ws pretty fun. Then a fight to the death. No magic, hints, advice. Make it up as you go along. 100% awesome!

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I would also put TP high up there as well. But the Puppet Zelda fight was a bit boring and easy, beast Ganon form just had no intelligence and spoiled what could've been a great beast Ganon. Plus i hate the Beast Ganon theme.
So i put OoT

Wind Waker was the funnest Ganon battle! It may not have had the best build up, but the puppet ganon and the actual ganon boss fight was amazing! My favorite :)

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
I know most people greatly dislike Ganondorf's appearance in TP, but I loved those battles so much that I really never cared. I felt like it really allowed you to use the Hidden Skills, which pretty much made Twilight Princess for me.

However, I also LOVED The Wind Waker's battle, and I'm kind of wishing I'd voted for it now. I've played that one a lot, too. The whole battle has an incredible atmosphere (and not in the cliché way like TP and even OoT, with lightning and darkness and whatever). The whole place is sinking, and water's pouring everywhere... it's great. I also love how Zelda helps you.

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
TP, its battle was just epic, okay i voted for TWW because it was awsome to, but i liked the music in TP and when you go to one on one fight Ganondorf, Wind Waker because one the music was dramatic, and lets just face it when a Pre teen puts a sword through an evil demon lords head, thats pretty boss.

TP Ganondorf battle everytime. An epic game with a four part final boss, wonderful.

And it wasn't in just four parts, the four parts themselves were wonderful different from each other, Dead man's volley with Zelda, fight with beast Ganon as wolf Link, a horseback battle and then a one on one duel. The music at all times was superbly fitting, the battle didn't feel stretched out at all and the cutscenes between each fight are wonderful and powerful even now.

I'd like a lot more battles like this, my second favourite was OoT, his first form back in the day was difficult for me but now i can pretty much not break a sweat, i like that the battle is halved with the escape from the castle, it gave a grander sense to things in that respect and Ganon in OoT is just so cute. :D

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
Ocarina of Time for the whole, foreshadowing going on. You knew this was coming from the first 30 seconds of the game, you had nightmares about this dude since the begining. You know from the very beginning who the bad guy was, why he had to be stoped. And when it came down to it, it was 2 men with the power of the gods behind them throwing down to decide the fate of everything.

Now my least favorite had to be TP, seriously there was no leading up to it, its like last hour of the game is like oh hey "Gannondorf is in the game, go beat em up ok."

Edit:
Actually least favorite would be tied with wind waker, now I was standing there thinking to myself, you know ganon makes some very good arguments here, but I guess i gota find him anyways what ever... oh look he's a puppet? Oh look he did like half a heart of damage to me, well I win. Then the king proceeds to make the stupidest wish ever, I would want to kill him myself if he didn't just kill himself with that wish. Sure drown the world where the largest populated island is like the size of of barely 2 sq miles, and food and fresh water are scarce, vs wishing to restore the land and banish ganon.
Saying its for the future of his descendants, ya great future you decide to leave them.

Last edited:

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
OoT's Ganon fights are the best in my opinion; the Ganondorf battle is fun, the tower escape sequence is brilliant, and the fight against Ganon is climactic as well since you battle amongst the ruined castle in a ring of fire while lightning strikes off in the distance. My honourable mention is WW's Ganon fights; while the WW Ganondorf fight is epic in it's own right because of its atmosphere, higher difficulty, and the finale with the Master Sword in Ganondorf's head, I feel that the Puppet Ganon fight, while difficult, is cheesy and somewhat anti-climactic.

Link-of-Lylat

It's me!
For me, it's the TP battle, which is odd because It's my least favorite 3D platformer in the zelda series. (#8, don't kill me!) It's just because it's so complete! Action, puzzle a fishing gag, JEEZ! Least favorite: Oot. Now let me explain: while the 1st phase was cool, it was kinda simple and the escape was too annoying. And the last phase was too easy. (spoiler) Dodge him and hit his tail with something. Get sword back and finish him. Pretty flashy, though!

R

Raikoh110

A Link to the Past. The only reason why I ranked it higher than the Wind Waker Ganondorf battle was the difficulty. Without upgrading your tunic and sword, he was a pain in the neck to beat. Not only that, he lowers your hearts than any other Ganon in the 3D series, imo. Also, if your Master Sword is still at Lv.2 (Normal Master Sword), the only way to damage Ganon is to spin attack him. Talk about challenging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom