• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Best Game/System Receiving Story

Din Akera

Sniper
Do you have any great stories about getting a game or new console/handheld? Share them!

Here's mine (this happened a couple weeks ago):

Little background info: My mom tries really hard to be involved with my life and the things I'm interested in and things I do, even if she doesn't understand them. That of course includes gaming.

So my mom won a gift card to Future Shop and decides she needs to spend it, but there isn't any electronics that she wants or needs. Standing in the store she grabs the nearest sales guy and asks what she should buy her gamer daughter, "is there anything new out?" So of course, the guy hands her the 3DS. She buys it and brings it home. Rish and I get home and she calls us over. She is standing there with her hands behind her back and smiles at us, "I got you guys something." She pulls the box out from behind her back and shows it to us. Both Rish and I's jaws drop, mostly because it was totally unexpected, and we grabbed each other in excitement. The next thing that comes out of my mom's mouth, "Is that good?" It was and honest question. Rish and I both burst out laughing. "Oh, it is way better than 'good'!"

What's your story?

I remember it was either Christmas 1997 or 1998 when I got my Nintendo 64. I used to go downstairs on Christmas morning and open one small present before my mum and dad woke up but I saw that I'd got a Nintendo 64 so I used my video gaming knowledge to hunt down which of the wrapped presents was most like the shape of an N64 game box.

My mum and dad came downstairs like an hour or so later and I'd unpacked the N64, set it up, and was sat playing Banjo-Kazooie :D

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
I love that story.

Mine has to be when I got my Wii. My brother, sister and I had been nagging our parents for ages about getting a Wii and they'd said no countless times. But one day we're eating breakfast discussing our plans for the day and our dad tells us to cancel all plans because we're going out. Obviously we're all curious as to where and why but they won't tell us. We drive to town and we are taken into the shop and our mum says to the shop assistant "We're here to pick up a Nintendo Wii." And all three of us jumped around in excitement.

DLC

Soul Drummer.
4/6/11 (My B-day ( turned 12( is is it possible to have 2 parentheses in side?))). For Me, it was a 3ds. Okay, so my dad is against me gaming like, at all, but my mother is ok with it. So my mom asked me what i wanted for my b-day And Ganonslayr and i said we wanted A 3ds. My mum talked to dad about it, "Hell NO"
My dad replies. Yeah. Great family. But on My and Ganonslayrs b -day (We're Twins) I saw two sets of boxes. I realized i Had no hope of getting a 3ds.\I ripped open the paper and so did ganonslayr. 2 3ds. not kidding. 2. won't be getting anything for christmas this year. No games (obviously 2 are 500$!) Until We bought Samurai Warriors Chronicles and Street fighter 4.

Caeda

Keyblade Master
Last year my old DS was sorta falling apart. (It had been dropped more tmes than you would belive, and almost none of them were my fault.) I was just hopping it would hold out until my birthday in August... and this was in early March. We went over to my aunt's house for something, and my aunt had two wrapped boxes on the counter. My sister and i opened them, and mine had a DSi. I was shocked, as you might guess. Though I still play on my old one for GBA games.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
My story is more on the mischievous side :devil:

It was in December of my 8th grade year, and my parents had already put most of our presents under the tree (for appearance purposes), although we weren't gonna open them until Christmas Day. Well one day when my parents went to the store I unwrapped one of my presents that I knew (by the shape/size) was a NES game, which turned out to be Dragon Warrior 2. So I took the DW2 cartridge out of the box and replaced it with another NES game that I already had ... SMB/Duck Hunt if I recall. I then re-wrapped it with the same design wrapping paper it was originally wrapped in and set it back under the tree, and got about a 2 week head start playing DW2 without my parents ever having a clue. Until Christmas came around and I "legally" owned it, I kept the game under my mattress when I went to bed and in my backpack when I went to school just to be safe.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom