• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Best Game of the Year

As the year 2010 is coming to a close, what is the best game of the year in your opinions?

As for me, Red Dead Redemption is by far the best game this year.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I'm going to have to go with Halo Reach. It had very nice visuals, some of the best graphics out now, and had very amazing gameplay. After playing the fist four games, if you count ODST, you can tell Reach went back to it's Halo Combat Evolved roots and modernized it with lot's more to offer. As if the gameplay and formula wasn't already great, they added the very fun and useful armor abilities. Master Chief is no doubt one of the best characters in the video game world, taking a break from him wasn't a bad choice because Noble Six was a great idea, not only can we change his appearance, we get to be him. That and it will also make Master Chief's return a lot more epic. Online is amazing, and the assassinations were a fantastic idea. I won't say it's better then Combat Evolved because it is a true classic. But Halo Reach is by far one of the best shooters and game, period, out now. It delivered a great experience and had lot's of difficulty. Thought you were good at Halo? Think again.

jbkarate9

KAME HAME HA!!!!
I would have to say, Dead Rising 2! It takes the cake easily. It has over 50 combo weapons you can make let alone the 92 pieces of clothing you can have(not including reward clothing and DLC) Guns, Melee, Explosives, all kind of stuff you can use to beat in the brains of the zombies. Over 600 zombies on screen at a time!(Give or take).

Majora's Cat

How about that
Just this year? I have to say Super Mario Galaxy 2. I believe that many are forgetting that it even exists. SMG2 is renowned for its crisp and clean gravity-defying gameplay. It very much improves on the original Super Mario Galaxy and has a whopping 240 levels (although only 70 are needed to be completed to finish the game). SMG2 has even managed to claim some of the top spots in aggregate review score websites. It's now up there with the original Super Mario Galaxy and even Ocarina of Time. These three games (along with GTA IV) are the most common games to appear at the top on aggregate review score sites like GameRankings.

There's no doubt that the game broke barriers. The graphics are as impressive as the gameplay and the game is truly amazing (even though it's not a Zelda game). :P The runner-ups would have to be Red Dead Redemption, Starcraft II, God of War III and Halo: Reach. These games are the highlight of this year in gaming. From Kratos ripping out a cyclops' eyeball to Mario and Yoshi leaping from one galaxy to another, 2010 was a year filled with gaming gold (unlike 2009).

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Halo Reach takes it in the FPS category. Black Ops doesn't even compare.

RDR was very enjoyable too. It created a great world, with characters you actually cared about. I haven't had this much fun in a sandbox game since GTA: Vice City (excluding The Elder Scroll games).

And those are the only two games I cared about this year :)

I'd say Super Mario Galaxy 2 followed by Donkey Kong Country Returns, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Metroid Other M, and StarCraft 2

I'm not into the crap load of shooters that "hardcore" gamers play these days.

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
I don't buy many FPS games, Goldeneye got me so excited when I heard about it during E3. The Wifi mode is awesome, and the local multiplayer is really fun too. The replay value was good too. It may not be many peoples first choice, but this is the games I have been waiting for since I beat Goldeneye 64. It still hasn't disappointed me. Kirby was too easy. Black Ops is just another CoD game that will soon be outdone by it's predicessor. Metroid: Other M was too short. Mario Galaxy 2 was great, but it didn't have as good replay value as Goldeneye.

I don't buy many FPS games, Goldeneye got me so excited when I heard about it during E3. The Wifi mode is awesome, and the local multiplayer is really fun too. The replay value was good too. It may not be many peoples first choice, but this is the games I have been waiting for since I beat Goldeneye 64. It still hasn't disappointed me. Kirby was too easy. Black Ops is just another CoD game that will soon be outdone by it's predicessor. Metroid: Other M was too short. Mario Galaxy 2 was great, but it didn't have as good replay value as Goldeneye.

Did you get all the beads (gold medal thingy?, I dont have Kirby yet) in every level in Kirby?

Did you get all the items in Metroid?

Did you get all the stars in Galaxy 2?

Im in the process of getting all the items in Metroid, and I already got all the stars in Galaxy 2, which actually took me a while.

I havent played Goldeneye, but I might get it eventually, im not that much into shooters, but Goldeneye looks fun. I have the N64 game that I havent even beaten yet XP

Firice da Vinci

Distinct lack of Leonardo
well, if I give you my opinion you'll think I'm weird, but I'll have to say Kirby's Epic Yarn. This game is the reason I saved up for a Wii. The reason I had to suffer all those months after E3. Then I played the game. Really easy if you just wanted to beat it, but trying to 100% it for for me right now is pure torture. I think when it comes to keeping it Kirby the only thing that changed was the gameplay. I really enjoy playing the game and I love it (mostly because Kirby's so cute though :)).

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Either Super Mario Galaxy 2, Dragon Quest IX or Kirby's Epic Yarn...oh, and talking 'bout epic, Donkey Kong Country Returns.

Super Mario Galaxy 2. It is epic, it amazingly, improves from the original (which did not need to be improved anyway) and the score is amazing.
Runners up would be God of War III, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Goldeneye wii, Metroid Other M

W

Wayneandlink

Gonna have to go with Super Mario galaxy 2 or Black Ops

Kazumi

chagy
That is a really difficult question. So many great games have come out this year. A list of the best games would be:

Halo: Reach
Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Civilization V
Tatsunoko VS Capcom: Ultimate All Stars
Fallout: New Vegas
Global Agenda
Sin and Punishment 2
No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle
Red Steel 2
Goldeneye Wii
Mass Effect 2

I'd say that the best game would probably be either Kirby's Epic Yarn or Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver. Epic Yarn was extremely cute, and really enjoyable. I loved how simple the game is, yet it still manages to be difficult in places. In theory, the idea of never being able to die is terrible, but in practice it actually works out pretty nicely. Kirby is like Sonic, except he isn't really greedy; he doesn't care if he doesn't have any money. Epic Yarn was a really great game with excellent platforming and amazing style and cuteness.

HGSS was absolutely amazing. A remake of what could be considered one of the best Pokemon sets of all time is a great idea. It was executed really well, with a ton of content. It had everything that was in Gold/Silver, plus a lot more. Amazing. I can't wait for Pokemon Black/White.

I would have to go with Red Dead Redemption. by far. Followed by Halo Reach. Black ops is alright, fun, but definitely not "best". bothe RDR and HR had amazing, beautiful graphics and amazing storylines. Each have characters you get attached to. thats my favorite part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom