• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Best friends forever...do you have one?

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
It could be at kindergarten or from work or even from the internet. But do you have a best friend? Some people say they have 100+ best friends but we all know that's not true. Sometimes best friends don't talk much but they feel it when one of them needs them. Some others are interacting like 24/7. What about you and your best friend? My best friend is my fellow coworker. We're very close and we're planning to go to London in sept 2019. When we're together it's talk talk talk and laughter for hours. Even if we have to talk about something unsignificant like a leaf on a tree. We're never out of subjects to talk about.
What about you?

I have one and I'm blessed. Our parents were friends so we became friends, after i got disowned and my father did himself in my friend was there for me.

She is such a sweet girl, she is the most mature person I know. She is so selfless and fun. There are few people in the world like her.

Her husband is a wonderful man too. They've been through some tough times (lost a baby) but they've always been strong and I'm so happy she has someone like him.

She helped me this year with the funeral. Introducing to others her was weird because she means so much to me, she's much more than a best friend but it feels as if she is beyond a sister too since family means nothing to me.

We share a bond so deep that it cant be described. Like two people who were always supposed to meet and I'm so glad I did. I've never had someone who has meant so much to me in the way she does in such a way.

She deserves such a beautiful life and future.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Oh Spirit your post remind me of my sister Cecilia who is also my best friend in the whole wide world. She was born male and went from male to female and we've been closer than ever. She was so extremely worried about me when I got troubles with my tongue earlier this week. We were doing some christmas errands and she was like "no, that's too sharp for your mouth" or "no, that's too much, I want you to be careful with your money". My sister means more than the world to me. She is like my guardian angel. Our bond was already close before her transistion but has become extremely close when she told me about her feelings about being a transgender. She is my most beloved treasure in the world. We sometimes don't even speak but that's okay. We know we love each other dearly. She comes along on the trip to the UK because my other bestie likes her a huge lot too.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I have a couple of friends I have known for 13 years. I don't think we will ever not be friends. We all enjoy the same dark humour and get on so well. We often go out for meals and movies together and we chat on discord almost every day whilst we play video games. We know far too much about each other to be enemies and I definitely have more dirt on them than they have on me so they know they can never betray me!

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I was severely bullied since I started school as a kid, and I really do mean severely, it was absolute hell. Here the switch from primary to secondary school is when we're 13. In secondary our classes were put together with pupils from three different primary schools. I didn't know this at the time, but each of those schools came with one bullying victim, and I cannot say for sure what happened, but at some point a choice was made in terms of which of the three of us they would continue to torment. Apparently the choice fell on me and on the first day of school, those two other girls were approached independently with an ultimatum. They would be left alone if they stayed clear of me. One girl listened, the other did not.

The reason I know this today is because the girl who listened told me about this when I ran into her some years back. According to her the fact that she listened and stayed clear of me was something she immensely regretted and still felt guilty about. When I afterwards mentioned this to my best friend, she confirmed that she had been approached as well that day, and that had compelled her to do the exact opposite and instead befriend me. She had kept that particular thing secret from me because she didn't want me to get hurt. Quite the opposite, I am so beyond grateful, not to mention awed by her choice. I cannot say for sure that I at that time would be capable to make such a mature choice.

She is more than just my best friend, she's my sister in everything except blood. Many important things in my life were influenced by her, like fandoms I'm into, the city I moved to, some of my hobbies. My life has been sinserely enriched by her.

I don't know about a best friend forever. However I do have a few very good friends that I hope to never lose contact with. They do each mean a lot to me in their own unique way. I met each of them after I finished schiil in the 10+ years from then till now. I do have a lot in common with each of them and I can talk to each for ages with no hassles.

Zachie

Moo
You know, kinda. I have a friend that I've had since High School and even though we don't really talk and she moved to another country I have a feeling we'll always get along.

I consider my boyfriend my best friend. We both have very similar personalities and we sync together very well, our humor is very similar, and we also have many things in common (music, games, shows, movies, etc.), so it's a lot of fun to have your best friend as your SO. Before I met my boyfriend, my best friend was a girl I've known since I was 15 (I'm 20 now and we're still friends), we have very different personalities and didn't have much at all in common, but we made each other laugh and that was all we really needed. Before her, it was another girl I knew since 1st grade (we're still friends) and we had so many amazing memories together. I remember every single day after school I walked to her house, we'd eat cheese-itz while watching Spongebob, play Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and do any homework we had. All my life I've always had a very small amount of friends, and many times in my life I felt like I had none unless they were long-distance, it didn't help that I was always so incredibly shy. I'm ok with that, though.

Ninja

Well well well
I was an admin of a Dragonball website and we had a chat box. I met a group of about six people, and we have chatted every day for the past ten years. They are like my best friends and no matter what happens we will always stay in contact.

I have an IRL best friend that lives back in Florida and even though we don’t talk sometimes, we still pick up right where we left off.

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
I don't really have one like previously posters here have mentioned.

But I have 4 or 5 friends now that I have met via the Harry Potter fandom conventions here in Sweden. It had been my first genuine friends I met since I guess middle school and we instantly got along well.

I think what really made some of them truly special and deep for me was when they were there for me when I got locked up in a psyche ward in 2015. I thought we were great friends even before, but seeing some of them travel across the country just to be there for me really made me eternally thankful for their existence in my life.

We've had our ups and downs what with my social anxiety constantly messing stuff up, but damn do I love them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom