• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Best Forest Dungeon

Which Forest Dungeon is the Best?

• Skull Woods: ALTTP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Inside the Deku Tree: OOT

• Forest Temple: OOT

• Woodfall Temple: MM

• Forbidden Woods: WW

• Wind Temple: WW

• Sea of Trees: FS

• Deepwood Shrine: MC

• Forest Temple: TP

• Forest Temple: ST

• Skyview Temple: SS

• Total voters
Which is the best Forest Dungeon? Usually, Link begins his quest in the forest, and the dungeon serves as an opening taste for the dungeons of the game to follow. Forest Dungeons are known for their simplicity and variety of themes. Sometimes, the forest dungeon is not the first dungeon, and serves as a later and far more complex dungeon than is typical. Overall, which forest dungeon is the best?

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
I have to say Forest Temple from Ocarina of Time. I have some good memories of that place, and it was the first "forest dungeon" that popped into my head.

And, if nothing else, it's got the best music.

skywardsword13

Dawn of the Final Day
Great poll idea! But on topic I think Forest Temple from OoT. This dungeon was one of the best in the game, and no other forest dungeon has really been that fantastic. I really hope there is a great one in the next Zelda title.

And something I want to say to Nintendo: Mix it up a bit and PLEASE DON'T make every game have the earliest dungeon be forest themed. Its been a real occurrent theme. It's not that hard, just mix it up a bit and have a forest dungeon 5th or 6th instead of 1st or 2nd.

(I know there's a lot that aren't exactly 1st, but on the home console titles, since OoT, its been: <OoT> 1st=Deku Tree, 1st of adult dungeons=Forest Temple, <MM> 1st=Woodfall Temple,<WW>2nd=Forbidden Woods, <FS> 1st Real Stage= Sea of Trees, <MC> 1st=Deepwood Shrine, <TP> 1st= Forest Temple, <ST>1st= Forest Temple, <SS> 1st=Skyview Temple..... Notice the theme?

Only forest dungeons not 1st or 2nd are the Wind Temple in WW, which is 5th in the game, but is more wind dominated with a setting of a forest, and Skull Woods in ALttP, which is supposed to be the 7th dungeon, but this one really is only forest because of where it is and the vines on the walls.

MW7

I'd say the Forest Temple of Ocarina of Time is the best forest dungeon ever, but there are a lot of good dungeons on that list. The only other one that really sticks out for me is Skull Woods. It is one of the most creative dungeons ever because of how naturally the dungeon involves the surrounding area. The dungeon blends the woods with the interior of the dungeon itself, and it feels like you're really exploring rather than just playing a game. I still don't even know where the game designers intended players to enter the dungeon first because you can enter it from 5 different places first.

triforce_power

One of the Sheikah
I really liked the Wind Temple in Wind Waker, it was one of the most challenging in the game, I just had so much fun figuring out the puzzles...

Dan

Has to be Oot Because it has strange vocals. I mean what's up with those vocals I mean really.

In my opinion, the best forest dungeon in franchise history was the Forest Temple from Ocarina of Time. Aesthetically it was perfect and there were multiple gameplay quirks to boot. Rather than merely have a forest theme, there was also another side to the temple-a death motif embodied in the Poes, Stalfos, Bubbles, Phantom Ganon, and more. The dungeon was also huge spanning multiple floors, hallways, gardens, etc. I personally also liked the twist where the first room you entered already had the elevator down to the boss battle floor yet it was blocked off. This reminded me of Viridian City in Gen I Pokemon being the first you pass through after Pallet Town but housing the last gym leader. This is an interesting twist that I would like to see return in the future. In addition, the Phantom Ganon boss battle is one of my favorite in franchise history and second favorite from OoT following Bongo-Bongo. Using the bow to shoot portraits was a common element throughout the dungeon and seeing it incorporated at the end, rocked my fanboy heart. Also, deflecting Phantom Ganon's magic made me feel like I truly was controlling the Hero of Time in a race against evil.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I'll have Tom go with forest temple Oot. Great theme, great boss, great concept, challenging yet not too challenging, and I really like the whole spooky atmosphere.

MC deep wood shrine would be my second choice

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Ocarina of Time's Forest Temple is pure bliss. Classic. My other favourites are Twilight Princess', Skyward Sword's and Link to the Past's.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Forest Temple of Ocsrina of Time. No brainer. That's easily the best dungeon in the entire series. It's got everything needed to make the ideal Zelda dungeon: great atmosphere, gripping music (that sells the atmosphere, to boot), outstanding puzzles, and a flat-out amazing boss. There's nothing this dungeon doesn't have. It's just flawless.

Chilfo Freeze

Emma Jean Stone
Hands down; Forest Temple - OoT. I'm positive that I'm not the first to say this either!

The setup of this temple - especially the entrance - is just mystifying and awesome to explore. The music adds to the mystic sense, of course! Also, the dungeon itself is challenging, yet not so much so that it makes you not want to come back for more. In fact, it's the exact opposite! I'd replay that dungeon over and over if my Nintendo wouldn't stop freezing.

Forest Temple from Ocarina of Time hands down. For the Forest Temple in this game being the first actual Temple you have to do, it was pretty awesome. It didn't over do it, it was hard for a first time, and had some type of confusion and pretty badass enemies to encoutner with. I loved it. The music for it was cool, the wolves, the ghosts, and the plant like creatures just made a final touch to it. Stunning.

I would also say that the Woodfall Temple would be a good Forest Temple too, but to me, it had more of a swamp feeling more than a Forest theme cause of the water and lack of tree's and wood. Reguardless, it was still good :>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom