• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Best fishing in gaming history

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
Fishing is in a lot of games, sometimes as mini games, sometimes like entire games, and sometimes as features. What's the best fishing in games?

Clearly the answer is Big the Cat's levels from Sonic Adventure and any other answer is anti-Big propaganda.

Are there any western games with fishing as a minigame? If a game is Japanese there's like a 70% chance you can fish in it.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
Twilight Princess has been the main game I think about when it comes to fishing in games, I mean heck the best area in the game is about fishing (teehee)

I did kinda like the fishing bit in Okami, and Jak and Daxter had that fish catching mini game in the forbidden jungle....does that even count? both Dark Clouds had fishing sections but I never figured them out

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Honestly, I think Animal Crossing has it down perfectly. It's so simple and easy and quick. I really hate the involved minigames, especially the ones in Zelda games. As far as Zelda goes, BotW has the best fishing because its not a minigame and you can acquire the fish however you want. Games where the fishing is just tossing a rod and pressing A when it's time have the right idea. I hate it when I have to fight with the fish to catch it.

Quin

Disaster Master
Good thread. I LOVE fishing minigames in video games. A lot of games have their own positives and negatives about fishing, but I think the best one I played is probably Twilight princess. I just wish they expanded upon it. there are almost more lures than species of fish in that pond. The "remake" would have been perfect for that but Nintendo doesn't know how to remake Zelda games.

Eli Ayase

Bass singer extraordinaire.
The way The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim has you fishing. You dive underwater and then you get the fish you need. You will have to watch your air unless you chose Argonian as your race at the start, make a potion of waterbreathing, or have something enchanted with the waterbreathing effect. If you have a constant waterbreathing effect, then you could easily clear a lake of fish.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Twilight Princess absolutely has my favourite fishing, specifically at the Fishing Hole. I've always loved exploring with the boat and seeing what I can catch. The atmosphere with the music and different seasons is brilliant, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom