• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Best Final Bosses and Your Methods?

which final bosses are you favorite in the Zelda series? For me:

1. Ganon in OoT-"Epic" is the word to describe getting to this guy, especially making your way up the tower. Ganondorf is still pretty tough, tho for me not too much so, but consider that I've beaten this game 25+ times. Ganondorf is a blast and I love using the biggoron sword on him tho its annoying to have to hit earlier when the light ball comes. Then there is the true Return of Ganon-He's dark as his surroundings, and getting under his belly to use the biggoron sword on his tail is a challenge. I never use the light arrows or hammer or any other weapon on his until I have to use the master sword as Zelda holds him down.The music during Ganon is better than Ganondorf, but I like both themes. The tower is fun and I cannot stand the undeads who slow you down as you exit. Amazing and epic fight.
2. Ganon in LttP-Even tho OoT reuses the music first heard when dropping into the tower, I think the entrance into the tower is amazing, as the light goes on just as the music starts. I always stock up on fairies just south of the first temple by flying with the ocarina because avoiding the fire birds around Ganon is difficult, tho I try to have full health before facing him so I can use the beam from the upgraded sword. When Ganon uses his dark power, I obviously use the fire stick and the silver arrows.
3. Majora's 3 forms in MM-unfortunately, my personal favorite Zelda, slightly ahead of OoT has an alright final boss. I wish it had a tougher boss even with the Fierce Deity Mask. I've only played him once without it, as it is very difficult without the FDM. With the FDM, I just hammer the b-button. Still, I would have hoped the final battle would have taken place outside a small room. I liked the entrance with the <6 hours left music but the boss music should have been more epic too. I would have liked to have seen the battle take place in Termina Field or Clock Town itself. Or perhaps on the Moon's surface after beating the first form in the room. But then again people could have accused a changing-place final boss of copying OoT. I also think it would been cool if the mask children were mandatory with or without getting the FDM, but the Moon as well as the game is tops. I also think the room coulda been cool if it required using all forms of Zelda, even Deku Link.

MrLuigi

Theorist
1 Majora's Mask/Majora (3)-The oddity of it is great. I've fought this so many times it's as if I tamed the beast. I like doing time attacks on it.

2 Twilight Princess/Ganondorf-The music just MADE that. I loved the epic 1 on 1 sword fight.

3 Phantom Hourglass/Bellumbeck-Another epic 1 on 1 fight.

Caeda

Keyblade Master
Ganondorf from the Wind Waker- this is my favorite because it's so epic. It also gets points for being the first battle that Zelda truely helps with.

Malledus from Spirit Tracks- This one is also epic. Plus he gets a sword stabbed in his face, too.

Ganondorf from Twilight Princess- I just love the overall feel of this fight (minus the puppet Zelda), so this is tied for second.

David

But you called me here...
Well, my personal favorite is the hand to hand sword fight in Twilight Princess. I've never gotten over the fact that Link and Ganon finally get to do a real sword fight that looks very realistic. Sword fighting has been one of my favorite things about video games, so it really made me happy when I got to fight Ganon in that style.

Another one of my favorites is Ganon from Wind Waker. His puppet forms were really fun to beat, and then later, we had a sword fight with him. I know that this game had one on one sword fighting with Ganon before Twilight Princess, but it didn't lack the same satisfying oomph from Twilight Princess. You had to have Zelda's help to defreat Ganon in Wind Waker, which was cool, but cramped my preferred style.

I actually really like all of the final boss battles. I just preferred some over others. Some were too easy, some were pretty hard, and some were perfect.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Fighting Ganondorf with a sword in the last stage of TP is really epic. I use the back slice often when I want to finish it quickly.

In general I like one-on-one fights because you are able to try everything you learned.

Alex Arbiter

That Random Guy
Fighting Ganon in twilight princess was epic! Thunder crashing, epic music, a fight to the death Ganon vs. you with a fishing rod!

D

Darth Link

Ganon in Wind Waker. Getting to fight him with Princess Zelda by your side was awesome, especially when Link got to deliver the finishing move. But hearing all that about the final battle of Twilight Princess...maybe I should focus on that game next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom