• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Best Films to Watch at Christmas

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
There was a favourite Halloween movies thread back in October so it only makes sense that a favourite Christmas movies thread is made also.

What are your favorite films to watch at Christmas?

As far as I am concerned you cant go wrong with The Grinch. That is one I tend to watch every Christmas Eve and I just get that Christmassy feeling from watching it.

My other favorite is Elf. This is probably my absolute top Christmas film. I usually watch this several times before the big day and I never tire of seeing it.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Elf is absolutely amazing. It's definitely the best thing Will Ferrel has ever done.

A Christmas Story is one of my absolutely favorites, and my family always watched the 24 marathon starting on the eve of Christmas.

National Lampoons Christmas Vacation is also quite the classic.

The first 2 Santa Clause movies are also pretty good.

I also quite like the first Home Alone Movie
As far as I am concerned you cant go wrong with The Grinch. That is one I tend to watch every Christmas Eve and I just get that Christmassy feeling from watching it.
Do you watch the cartoon version, or the live action Jim Carrey version?

Reactions: Dio

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Elf is absolutely amazing. It's definitely the best thing Will Ferrel has ever done.

A Christmas Story is one of my absolutely favorites, and my family always watched the 24 marathon starting on the eve of Christmas.

National Lampoons Christmas Vacation is also quite the classic.

The first 2 Santa Clause movies are also pretty good.

I also quite like the first Home Alone Movie

Do you watch the cartoon version, or the live action Jim Carrey version?

The live action Jim Carrey one.

You are right about the Santa Clause films as well, those are pretty decent.

selicyc

i never knew daylight could be so violent.
a mystery inside of an enigma wrapped in a soft fuzzy blanket of I don't even know what
No Christmas is complete without watching the Rankin/Bass cartoons of the 60s and 70s! Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, The Year Without a Santa Claus, 'Twas the Night Before Christmas and Nestor the Long Eared Christmas Donkey ("Ears, Nestor!").

For live action movies, I personally love to watch the first two Home Alone movies as well as the first The Santa Clause. Jack Frost is a must too. I make it a goal to watch It's A Wonderful Life and The Sound of Music at least once, too. Timeless classics, they both are.

As for the week of Christmas, I'm more into watching Disney, Studio Ghibli and all the Harry Potter films. It doesn't feel like Christmas without having a Toy Story or Harry Potter movie marathon, or not watching something like My Neighbor Totoro or Kiki's Delivery Service.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
There aren't any movies that I make sure I absolutely watch around Christmas time every year or anything like that, but there are some that I like and will watch occasionally.
Gotta agree with Elf. It's probably my favorite Christmas movie, unless of course, you count Nightmare Before Christmas as a Christmas movie. The Grinch (cartoon/live action), Rudolph, Frosty the Snowman, Jingle All the Way, Charlie Brown, Jack Frost, and the Santa Clause movies are all pretty good as well.

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
Gonna throw it out there but I have never seen elf!! The only film I will go out of my way to watch every year is muppet Christmas Carol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom