• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Best/favorite Sidekick Goodbye

Best/favorite Sidekick Goodbye

• Navi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tatl

• King of Red Lions

• Ezlo

• Midna

• Linebeck

• Zelda

• Fi

• Other

• Total voters

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Which sidekick's departure in the legend of Zelda's series do you think is the best/your favorite? (I realize Zelda didn't technically say goodbye, but I'm putting it here anyway because of the scene after the credits). I, though am probably going to change my mind, chose Ezlo's. Ezlo was really annoying, (like other sidekicks) but even still, my sidekick is MY sidekick. And whenever I lost them (with the exception of Tatl) I feel really bad. Especially when they give the "We'll never see each other again" speech; which Ezlo pulled off really well. I was close to choosing Midna's, but then I realized... I hated Midna's goodbye. Yes, it was very touching, but I to this day don't know why she broke that mirror other than to deliver Nintendo's message that the Zelda series won't have anymore Twilight in it.

Also, I haven't played all the games, so if I missed one, my bad. Just pick "other."

King of Red Lions for me <3

I know its technically the boat and not the king but the King is the boats voice so it counts in my book!

His goodbye was so wonderful, he lived in regret and desperately wanted his old home back, but to save the world from ganondorf he chose to be selfless, he could have wished for hyrule to return but instead scattered the seeds of the future and blessed link and zelda to find a land that would be their's knowing it would never be his or anything near to what he held so dear and decided to bury himself under the waves with the home he so desperately wanted. The boat after that, to me, would serve as a reminder to link of the sacrifice made for him and zelda to live in the world they were born in to. Powerful stuff nintendo. Thank you for Wind Waker =]

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I really loved the ending of the King of Hyrule in The Wind Waker. It was so.... wonderful, and selfless. But I ended up voting for Midna's departure. It's the only ending I (almost) cried for. I love it so very much.

Midna easily wins this for me. The ending of TP was quite emotional and bittersweet. As much as I absolutely love Midna, I was actually glad (in a sad way if that makes any sense?) that she broke the mirror. It added a sense of weight to everything that made it that much more meaningful to me. Knowing that we'll most likely never see her in a Zelda game again made me appreciate her that much more. I'm glad Nintendo went with that choice instead of the ''and they all lived happily ever after'' type of ending. Beautiful ending to an amazing character/game in my opinion.

Although I openly admit I am a Midna fangirl and that she is my favorite character in the series to date. So my opinion is a bit biased.

Ezlo for me. While he was kind of annoying sometimes, as a youngster playing MC for the first time, I found him highly amusing. Besides, having a talking hat is pretty awesome if you ask me. I nearly teared up when he said his "goodbye forever" speech, and his making a normal hat for Link during the same scene made my little mind go crazy with timeline possibilities. It was definitely a most touching ending.

I will admit I considered choosing Midna, and then I thought maybe Fi, but while their goodbyes are also quite touching, they didn't affect me quite like Ezlo's. I've got to say, I did sort of feel sorry for Fi, though. Sleeping for time without end, stuck in the blade of the Master Sword? Sounds pretty rough if you ask me. Does make me wonder if Nintendo was setting up a return for her in a future game; but I guess that's for a different topic.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
Big surprise, everyone picked midna...
My favorite was the king of red lions. I liked the theme when you were saying goodbye and reaching out for the king. It provided great emotion, and it just didn't feel the same when you look at your non-living boat

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom