• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Modern Best Dungeon of All Time?

It's gotta be the Spirit Temple from OoT. It's atmosphere is unparalled by anything I've seen yet.

I think it's awesome how the Spirit Temple is the religious ground of the Gerudo. Everything in this dungeon is so epic; the fact that it's at the end of the desert, the goddess statue inside the temple. It also houses the sickest item in the Zelda series imo, the Mirror Shield.
My mind was totally blown when I first disintegrated the statue's face with the light from the mirror shield.
Iron Knuckles, one of the most badass enemies in the series.
The boss is extremely fun, and you actually get to witness and see the boss's personality before hand. They're very intimidating at first when they suck Nabooru into the black hole, and how they're so sinister, yet when you defeat them, they provide funny dialogue that's some nice comic relief to an otherwise serious game.
The music is so awesome that. I can't even describe. It's too epic.
This dungeon just seems to have a lot of historical background behind it, with all the symbolic art and writing on the walls. It really comes of as a truly scared place in comparison to all other dungeons in the series.
There were many spooky elements of the Spirit Temple as well. The invisible Floormasters scared me to death the first time and still do. And there were some entertaining fights. You also play through this temple as both a child and adult so idk just a little bit.
Oh also on a side note, the Silver Gauntlets look so awesome on Link imo. Whenever I play Oot, I never wanna get the gold ones :p
I'm still waiting for a dungeon that's constructed like this, I havent seen a dungeon like it since OoT.

Ganon's Tower of ALTTP is the greatest final dungeon ever IMO (no offense to you since you also happened to pick a final dungeon). It's basement alone is practically a full dungeon, and then you have six more floors to worry about. There are 3 mini-bosses spread out across the 61 room labyrinth. It is a true gauntlet testing everything you've learned in the game.

Coincidentally i've been playing aLttP these past few days, and what you said is exactly right. It makes Ganons Tower in OoT looks like childs play..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom