• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Modern Best Dungeon of All Time?

After all the many hours and hours of Zelda that we've all enjoyed. Which dungeon in which game was the best laid out dungeon as far as puzzles, progression, items, and ultimately just the difficulty vs. the coolness and intrigue of the artwork and textures.

Mine is (hate to sound like a n00b but..) Ganons Tower from Ocarina of Time.. i mean that temple just had everything. If only every dungeon in every Zelda game was as good as this one in their own way. I kind of wish it wasn't so dark but at the same time final dungeon of the game has to be a bit dusky of course.

MW7

The three contenders in my mind are Ganon's Tower from A Link to the Past, the Forest Temple of Ocarina of Time, and the Stone Tower Temple from Majora's Mask.

Ganon's Tower of ALTTP is the greatest final dungeon ever IMO (no offense to you since you also happened to pick a final dungeon). It's basement alone is practically a full dungeon, and then you have six more floors to worry about. There are 3 mini-bosses spread out across the 61 room labyrinth. It is a true gauntlet testing everything you've learned in the game.

The Forest Temple of OOT is the first, and possibly the best example of a multi-themed dungeon in the series. It's a castle, a haunted house, and a part of the forest all at the same time. The puzzles are just amazing, and the nonlinear nature can get you stuck very early on in the dungeon.

The Stone Tower Temple is similar to my first choice in that it tests all you've learned previously in the game. You have to use all your transformation masks and most of your items to solve the wide variety of puzzles found within the dungeon. The dungeon concept of flipping is probably the greatest puzzle concept ever in a Zelda game (the new timeshift stones give it a run for its money though). Beating the dungeon is an accomplishment, but getting 100% makes the rest look easy.

Stone Tower Temple is my favorite (as seen in my signature), but I'm not sure if I can say it's the best.

Last edited:

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
This is really tough. Off the top of my head I would say Goron Mines from Twilight Princess or Snowpeak Ruins from Twilight Princess. Both had excellent dungeon design and were difficult, but not too difficult. I also really enjoyed The Tower of the Gods from the Wind Waker as well. I love most of the dungeons in zelda games, so to ultimately choose a nuber 1 would be very difficult.

F

flameblade97

i think that thefirst dungeon tail cave from links aakening was a good dungeon very simple yet not toddler easy and i would have to say my second favorite dungeon would have to be the spirite temple fromm OoT it had a lot of challenges yet not hard enough to need a walkthrew but the master quest version is INSANE so i would have to say thats one of the more difficult and probable the third would be the valcano from windwaker ( cant remember the name ) it was not very hard and it was more puzzuling in my opinion

Zarom

The King
There are many dungeons that I like, but my favorite one would be the Stone Tower Temple from MM. The upside down concept, as well as the music, the enemies, the boss and the puzzles in the dungeon were all amazing.

Mine has to be the Stone Tower Temple from Majora's Mask. It had a brilliant design, and the flipping was absolutely... remarkable. The music also fit the dungeon very nicely.

My other favorites would have to be Ganon's Tower from ALttP, Sandship from Skyward Sword, Lanayru Mining Facility from Skyward Sword, and the Forest Temple from Ocarina of Time.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
There's alot of good dungeons out there, but I'm going to have to go with the Spirit Temple from Ocarina of Time. I just love that temple! :)

The three contenders in my mind are Ganon's Tower from A Link to the Past, the Forest Temple of Ocarina of Time, and the Stone Tower Temple from Majora's Mask.

Ganon's Tower of ALTTP is the greatest final dungeon ever IMO (no offense to you since you also happened to pick a final dungeon). It's basement alone is practically a full dungeon, and then you have six more floors to worry about. There are 3 mini-bosses spread out across the 61 room labyrinth. It is a true gauntlet testing everything you've learned in the game.

The Forest Temple of OOT is the first, and possibly the best example of a multi-themed dungeon in the series. It's a castle, a haunted house, and a part of the forest all at the same time. The puzzles are just amazing, and the nonlinear nature can get you stuck very early on in the dungeon.

The Stone Tower Temple is similar to my first choice in that it tests all you've learned previously in the game. You have to use all your transformation masks and most of your items to solve the wide variety of puzzles found within the dungeon. The dungeon concept of flipping is probably the greatest puzzle concept ever in a Zelda game (the new timeshift stones give it a run for its money though). Beating the dungeon is an accomplishment, but getting 100% makes the rest look easy.

Stone Tower Temple is my favorite (as seen in my signature), but I'm not sure if I can say it's the best.

ya your absolutely right the last dungeon from ALTTP was one of the greatest.

YoshiFlame

Businessman of Legend
Ganon's Tower from The Win Waker. First, you had to fight four bosses again, then you had to navigate a maze while fighting Phantom Ganon, until you found the Light Arrows, with which you finish him off. Of course, who could forget Puppet Ganon, with his three forms, and it finally ended with one of the most epic final boss battles in history.

romani64

PASTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
oh...maybe the spirit tower from spirit tracks?
i love how the music gets better as you climb the staircase to the top of the tower....

but if thats not a choice, probably he stone tower temple from majoras mask.
best temple music.
ever. <3

00steven

Yeah, that's right!
I would say either the Forrest Temple or Water Temple from Ocarina of Time. Majora's Mask had pretty greta temples too.

I really like the forest temple OOT, Stone Tower temple MM and Goron mines in TP. All three have a great dungeon design, innovative use of your items and are just great fun!

skywardsword13

Dawn of the Final Day
I love many dungeons from the series, but none of them really were absolutely loved by me in the last couple of 3d zelda games.

I have to say my all time favorite is Stone Tower Temple in Majora's Mask. No question.

Then the Spirit Temple from Ocarina of Time and then Forest Temple from the same game. Both enticing and amazing dungeons in their own right.

After those 3 it's a toss up though. I could go with a lot of next picks. I loved Sandship from SS, Arbiter's Grounds from TP, City in the Sky from TP and even the Water Temple from OoT. I have loved alot of dungeons from the series. The top 3 are easy to decide for me. The rest are hard =/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom