• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Best Dungeon In Twilight Princess

Favorite Dungeon in Twilight Princess.

• Forest Temple

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Goron Mines

• Lakebed Temple

• Arbiter's Grounds

• Snowpeak Ruins

• Temple of Time

• City in the Sky

• Palace of Twilight

• Hyrule Castle

• Total voters
i liked that the Lakebed temple was puzzling. it took me the longest out of all of them so it gave me the most entertainment

I've always liked the snow peak ruins, because it's just a big house... I'm not sure why that makes it so great, but it does :)

DinNayruFarore

God of Goddesses
From Favorite to Least Favorite:

Snowpeak Ruins: great concept infusing the rooms of a mansion contain enemies with the aid function for the dungeon boss. I've always wanted a boss that you'd have to help in order to battle it.

Temple of Time: the music was pretty catchy, and the first darknut fight was fun. Then the use of the Dominion Rod was creative as you had to backtrack the whole dungeon with the statue.

Arbiter Grounds: this one really had a dungeon feel to it. There were alot of obstacles in this one. The Redead's were annoying, but the Spinner and the boss fight compensated for that.

City in the Sky: kind of linear, but still enjoyable. The additional Clawshot brought alot of relief to me. The boss fight was a bit repetitive since there was already the idea of latching onto the weak point with Morpheel.

Lakebed Temple: challenging and it took awhile to find the Deku Toad. Gigantic boss in a gigantic room; did a lap around the room before and after the boss fight for fun.

Twilight Palace: boringly linear, and with a really good boss, so they needed to do better with it.

Forest Temple: linear, but enojyable. Finding the monkeys was a burden.

Goron Mines: confusing and linear, and I got through it faster than the Forest Temple. Loved the boss battle though.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
I love the Arbiter's Grounds the dungeon item was fun, the boss battle was fun because of the spinner, and the mini boss battle was interesting as u had to use both forms. :)

Snowpeak Ruins! The feeling was very nice, and it was actually a quite emotional dungeon, which i enjoy. I also liked the boss battle. It is tied with Arbiter's Grounds, because i love the dungeon item, boss, and the overall feel of the dungeon.

The clawshots and double clawshots are my favorite items, so it was really hard to choose between the Lakebed Temple and the City in the Sky. I ultimately chose the Lakebed Temple because I loved the puzzles in it. I play Zelda mostly for the puzzles (although the action is incredible), and the Lakebed Temple definitely did not disappoint me. It took me quite a while to get through it, and I loved every second of it. The mid-boss was really fun, even though the way you get the clawshot is really creepy. The boss at the end of the temple was really good too. Took me a while to realize that I could use the clawshot while swimming though.

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
Snowpeak Ruins is my favorite dungeon because it's in a mansion and it's snowy.
I also like Hyrule Castle because of all the Darknut fights, and I think TP has the best final boss in the series.

D.Marsden

Mistress Link
I have always loved these games even what i was a kid. when i first entered the sacred grove, i thought it looked familiar. i saw the pedestal for the MS and i was like "wait... no, this cant be the temple of time. what happened to it?" and like a child, i started to cry. it was so emotional because it was such a beautiful place and it was gone. when the door to the past opened after the guard disappeared, i cried even more. i love the temple of time.

My favorite dungeon in Twilight Princess is the Arbiter's Grounds. The area had a great atmosphere about it and casts an aura of mysteriousness which has prompted numerous Zelda theories. Who were the arbiters? Who is the Death Sword? Why is there an intrinsic similarity to the Spirit Temple from Ocarina of Time?

The spinner made for a unique dungeon item. The idea showed that not all equipment acquired in dungeon had to serve offensive purposes (although it later did in the boss battle). This also found expression in the Temple of Time's Dominion Rod and was translated into latter installments such as the Sand Wand from Spirit Tracks.

The boss battles were also fascinating. While the persona of Death Sword fascinated me, he was also a fair challenge and only being able to see him as Wolf Link made for an intriguing twist. Stallord was perhaps even better. While not to impressive at first, when his massive skull rose for another romp I was terrified out of my skin. Hey, cut me some slack any 12 year old would shiver. This moment manifested the true tactical potential of the spinner.

Perhaps the dungeon also sticks in my mind due to the revealing cutscene following its completion. Ganondorf is unveiled by the sages at last and the epic quest to retrieve the Mirror of Twilight takes on an entirely new meaning.

My runner-up for best dungeon in Twilight Princess is the Temple of Time. It was nice to finally explore and combat areas in a central monument of the franchise. An area of already great importance took on even deeper meaning.

Wow, lots of love for the Arbiters Grounds here, I didn't expect that. I thought it would have been slammed for being too easy/too much like the Forest Temple in OoT...

My favourite dungeon in Twilight Princess is most definitely Hyrule Castle; for me Hyrule Castle is what Skyward Sword should have done. In an overworld built like an outside dungeon/assault course, The dungeons needed to either be more difficult or give harder puzzles or set themselves apart from what we've seen and done before..

In Hyrule Castle at the end of TP we get exactly that, a dungeon that doesn't feel like one. We have to go to the graveyard, the courtyard and scale the other areas of the impressively designed castle before we step one foot inside of it. It was not only a wonderful fan service to be able to explore a refined version of the epic castle but it was also wonderful fun to do so which is rare. For example i love the way Snowpeak Ruins looked but it was a swine for me to get through and pushed me close to frustration. With Hyrule Castle though, yes it was a dungeon and it had puzzles but they didn't feel out of place; the rooms were as epic and as regal and as i had always imagined them to be, there were Darknuts a plenty and some moody weather to boot. It felt very much like a culmination of Zelda's history, a definitive experience of something we knew so well so it'll always be my favourtie TP dungeon and probably a high favourite of the entire franchise to date.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Hyrule Castle was my pick.

I just thought that for a final dungeon it was different from the usual Ganon's tower, you actually got to see what Hyrule Castle was like and as soon as you stepped inside its grounds the rain created a unique atmosphere and when inside the castle the music was epic.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Before I start, I don't hate any dungeon. This is just a preference thing.

9: Hyrule Castle - I liked the music but it was short and there wasn't really anything to do here. No heart Pieces? :mad:
8: Palace Of Twilight - Short and easy, but those Sol Masters always get me cursing because that will be the ONE time, without fail, that my clawshot goes derp. At least it had a couple pieces of heart.
7: Forest Temple - Bit basic and I didn't like searching for the monkeys all that much.

THE REST OF THESE ARE ALL ABOUT THE SAME

6: Temple of Time - It was a nice concept but the Dominion Rod was fairly useless. IMO the Mini boss could have been a better boss. My first 2 playthroughs I could NOT get that scale puzzle.
5: Lakebed Temple - I had fun here, I liked the Item, but I kept getting turned around. Still good.
4: Arbiter's Grounds - This would have placed higher but for the Poe hunting. I never was a fan of that. After that It was rather interesting.
3: Goron Mines - This is one of those rare fire dungeons I don't hate. The magnetism and the slight mechanical element really helped this dungeon along.
2: City in the Sky - Didn't feel like a traditional dungeon, I loved the Miniboss and Boss (even though you fight 2 of the Minibosses at once before the boss) as well as the item. It actually allowed me to get a piece of Heart I couldn't get in Lakebed. Plus it was in the Sky, and that helped it along in my SF eyes (SF meaning Science Fiction).
1: Snowpeak Ruins - I hated the Miniboss and the boss was meh at best. It was all atmosphere. And a couple of fun puzzles. Except for that one that's on the 2nd floor of the first room to get a piece of heart. Ball and Chain was an unusual item, though. Top spot somehow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom