• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Best DS Games to Pick Up?

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
You should buy the DS version of Chrono Trigger and Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2. They are both great RPGs that I'm sure you'd love. Trigger is a little expensive, but DQM shouldn't be too much.

shaymin1

Derp.
Mario Kart DS (its Mario Kart)
The World Ends With You (an amazing game, probably my favourite game on the DS)
The Phoenix Wright series (also amazing games)
Tetris DS (an amazing rendition of Tetris)
Castlevania games (really fun to play and quite challenging)
Pokemon series ( although I know you said you don't like it, I'm putting it on the list anyways)
Chrono Trigger (an amazing RPG)

Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Phantom Hourglass is pretty fun. I'd suggest that. But my favorite regular DS game of all time is Dragon Quest IX, though it's definitely more fun with friends. ;)

iMadMax

Zelda Masta
geezz how many good games were on the DS, Zelda, Metroid, Star FOx, Animal Crossing, Castlevania, Mario 64, New MArio Bros, All the Pokemon games!

Mayor Dotour

Mayor of Clocktown
Mario Kart DS
Final Fantasy III and IV
Pokemon DPPL
Pokemon HeartGold & SoulSilver
Pokemon Black & White
Kirby Mass Attack

TriforceHunter

Forever I am Abandoned
Defienetily any Pokemon game. Or any Castlevania game or Final Fantasy remake. There are also some Mega Man collections that are very good. If you love fighting games I would recommend Ultimate Mortal Kombat, especially if you can actually find someone to play it with.

Ehh I see Phantom Hourglass on this list a lot. I loved it but compared to Spirit Tracks, I'd rather just spend money on one good Zelda game. Everything in PH is just improved upon so much in ST that it's hard to go back. Also, already own Mario Kart 7 so buying the DS version just seems a bit backward. But thank you for your help! I REALLY want to get into the Devil Survivor series. I seriously hate RPJs but, I dunno, that one seems to capture my interest a lot.

Also, I see a ton of RPJ games on here. Doesn't the DS have a bigger library than that? Come one people, help a brother out here.

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
Zelda Phantom Hourglass
Zelda Spirit Tracks
Metroid Prime Hunters
New Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario 64 DS
Mario Kart DS
Mario and Luigi Partners in Time
Mario and Luigi Bowser's Inside Story
StarFox Command
Chrono Trigger
Kirby Super Star Ultra
Kirby Canvas Curse
Kirby Squeak Squad
professor Layton and the Curious Village
Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
Professor Layton and the Unwound Future
Professor Layton and the Specter's Flute
Sola to Robo: Red the Hunter
Picross 3D
Pokemon Diamond, Pearl and Platinum
Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver
Pokemon Black and White
Okamiden
Animal Crossing
Mario Vs Donkey Kong March of the Minis
Nintendogs

I would love to tell you why each one is great, but there are just too many. If you see any that strike your interest, just Google a review for that game.

donpedrox

Thrilla in Manilla
Also, I see a ton of RPJ games on here. Doesn't the DS have a bigger library than that? Come one people, help a brother out here.

The DS was an RPG machine it seriously was the handheld to own if you wanted to play an RPG also why ask for recommendations if you deny the lot of them

The DS was an RPG machine it seriously was the handheld to own if you wanted to play an RPG also why ask for recommendations if you deny the lot of them

That's like asking why I should own a 360 if I don't like FPS games. Just because a system has a ton of one style of games, doesn't mean everyone loves them. If I'm denying a game it's for good reason. RPGs I find really boring and therefore, I don't want to spend money on one if I'm never going to play it.

If you like strategy games, then I'd highly recommend the Advance Wars series. Both of the DS ones (Dual Strike and Days of Ruin) are really good and have many maps, plus the ability to create your own, but if you only wanted one, then you should probably go for Days of Ruin as it has WiFi capability, letting you battle other players online and download custom maps online too. Dual Strike does have multiple difficulty levels, but I don't know if Days of Ruin does (I haven't been able to complete the campaign yet, which is how the other difficulty levels were unlocked in Dual Strike).
Any other games I liked have already been mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom